Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Subtle trophies

• 2 Replies
Subtle trophies
« on: Apr 06, 2016, 05:47 AM »
Gday vod, just a question for the bosses
I have an idea for ways to add more story to my character and was thinking it can also include adding more trophies....subtle trophies
I was reading the brl's about Fett style pouches;

(Belt: Brown Boba/Jango-inspired leather or leather-like belt with a minimum of four (4) brown leather or faux-  leather pouches, two (2) to either side of the buckle or four (4) across the front. May include two (2) oversized pouches hanging below the belt, suspended above the hips (one on each side).  All canon/legends pouches and belts acceptable.
Soft Pouches: Must have at least 2 of the following: waist pouches (hanging from belt), thigh pouches, shin tool pockets.)

What I was wandering was, could I make (or try to) my pouches from some reptile patterned material or pleather and say it's trandoshan skin....make the trophy as a practicle part of costume, not a obvious this is my trophy type thing, would anything like that prevent a successful application to brigades?
I have a few other ideas similar to this. I'd like to try add layers, subtle layers to this protectors background
Thank you for your time
Brett

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Subtle trophies
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2016, 03:26 AM »
Trophies and pouches are separate and would have to be considered separate.  Furthermore there is no source pointing to pouches like you are suggesting.  We want to take as much inspiration from Boba and the comic protectors as possible, and that means cloth pouches and a traditional leather belt with leather belt pouches.  What you could do in addition to that is have a strip of scaled hide as a trophy hanging off the belt or have an additional small bag attached made from the hide.  But the pouches and belt should mimic our sources.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron
Re: Subtle trophies
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2016, 03:41 AM »
No worries, thanks mate

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!