Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Den Barren's Armor!! Going for Brigade *Upgrading

• 397 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: First Ever Armor!! WIP *Opinions VERY Welcome!!
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Oya, vod!  This is coming along really nicely!

Thanks vod! Hoping to get some more pics up in the next couple of days! :)

Update!!!

So got this today!!

...All hail Lord Duct Tape!

Still loving this quote vod! ;)

And here's my armor taped on. Unfortunately, I got the cheap stuff and it didn't hold very well...soooo...I'm posting multiple shots of the same pieces. The pieces kept falling and shifting, so hopefully you'll be able to see what they look like as far as sizing through the extra pics. For some reason the chest plates look long and skinny to me, and the thighs look low. But, in the mirror they look normal. Also, the gaps ( especially between the collar and chest plates) look way wider than they actually are. That said, I don't like my chest diamond and will be making a new one. Other than that...( I had to laugh at myself there! :laugh: ) how does everything look Vode?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07 AM »

Shift the chest plates up and in to the green marks. Chest plates do seem a little long, I'd give it a tiny trim where I've marked in red. Then shift the ab up and match the spacing, you'll likely need to trim the bits in red again as that's a common place for the angles to not be correct.

That should give you about 2 inches between cod and torso. Along with sitting your sash/girth over the top of the cod that'll be about 3 inches to fit belts etc in rather than trying to squeeze them into a tiny gap where they'll either go under/over the ab plate and push it out of place.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2016, 01:11 AM »
Thanks vod! These should be pretty simple fixes. :)

Update!!

So I'm thinking of maybe 3D printing my gauntlets, but I'm still giving my scratch build one a chance! I attached my first 'greebly' of sorts to one of my gaunt's. I am attaching my scratch build survival knife to the side of my left gauntlet. I made a sheath sort thing for it to go into!

After a bit more sanding and work!

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2016, 08:38 AM »
looking good vod, I love that knife.

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Dar'manda

« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2016, 12:00 PM »
looking good vod, I love that knife.
Thanks vod!

Verco Nuhla

• Proud Proprietor of the Rusty Kyr'bes
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2016, 02:21 PM »
That knife is awesome, looks a bit like a tanto sort of blade... I love it! Just make sure if we ever troop together you have it locked in securely, otherwise I may 'accidentally' walk off with it...  :P

"Hastaale bat norac n'ijaat be kad'verde."
"Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame."

Character Story, Vol. 1- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110135.0
Character Story, Vol. 2 (ACTIVE)- https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=150675.0
Writers Bloc #014

Dar'manda

« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2016, 02:25 PM »
That knife is awesome, looks a bit like a tanto sort of blade... I love it! Just make sure if we ever troop together you have it locked in securely, otherwise I may 'accidentally' walk off with it...  :P

Haha :laugh: Thanks vod! Will do! I'm actually thinking of making a mold of it and selling a couple of castings to help pay for my kit! :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2016, 06:41 PM »
This is coming along really well.  Keep up the awesome work, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Dar'manda

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2016, 10:26 PM »
This is coming along really well.  Keep up the awesome work, vod.
Thanks vod!

Update!!!

After making the necessary adjustments I think I'm just about ready for a paint job! I right chest plat (my left) is a little wonky (I've fixed that, just don't want to be wrapped up in a roll of tape again for pics!), but overall...How do they look vode?? Also, as you can see, I've added my bicepts.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2016, 11:29 PM »
Sizing and spacing all look fairly good, vod.  Your knees are a bit wonky, but with tape, that's pretty expected, and I'm sure you'll get it fixed when you attach them properly.  Good job, man.   :)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Dar'manda

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2016, 11:39 PM »
Sizing and spacing all look fairly good, vod.  Your knees are a bit wonky, but with tape, that's pretty expected, and I'm sure you'll get it fixed when you attach them properly.  Good job, man.   :)

Thanks vod! It took me almost thirty minutes to get taped up and the knees were one of the first things to go on. lol  I'll def get'em positioned right for permanent attachment. :)

Verco Nuhla

• Proud Proprietor of the Rusty Kyr'bes
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2016, 11:42 PM »
I agree, everything looks really good. Just some spacing to play with, but that'll all shape up once you're not relying on tape to hold it on  :P

"Hastaale bat norac n'ijaat be kad'verde."
"Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame."

Character Story, Vol. 1- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110135.0
Character Story, Vol. 2 (ACTIVE)- https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=150675.0
Writers Bloc #014

Dar'manda

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2016, 11:46 PM »
I agree, everything looks really good. Just some spacing to play with, but that'll all shape up once you're not relying on tape to hold it on  :P
Thanks! The one thing messing with me big time is my thigh plates being so low. But, they'll be higher with permanent placement. I have to tape them by going around my legs and so I can't get them any higher with tape. I guess that's just me acting a little ocd. lol Hopefully I'll get some painting done this weekend! ;D

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2016, 09:03 AM »
I don't know, may have to retape them all to get a second look.

Okay, so I wouldn't do that to you. Looking pretty much spot on, especially for tape fixing :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23 AM »
Looking good vod now get painting  :P I really love those biceps  ;D

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Dar'manda

« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2016, 12:21 PM »
I don't know, may have to retape them all to get a second look.

Okay, so I wouldn't do that to you. Looking pretty much spot on, especially for tape fixing :P
Vod, you gave me a small heart attack! ???  For some reason I didn't even see the second part the first time I read your post!  :laugh:  Spray cans here I come!

Looking good vod now get painting  :P I really love those biceps  ;D
Thanks vod! I liked them a lot more once I put them on!

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Only thing that jumps out to me that hasn't been mentioned is your bicep plated look low. That's probably tape slippage though.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Dar'manda

« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2016, 12:40 AM »
Only thing that jumps out to me that hasn't been mentioned is your bicep plated look low. That's probably tape slippage though.
Good find! I actually didn't even tape the biceps. They were the last thing to go on next to the gaunt's. I was afraid of messing up the rest of my placement.

Update!

I got these cases for my ammo belt! They'll need some work to be approvable, but $1 a piece is worth a little work!

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47 AM »
Those look sweet Den, where did you find such treasures?

Dar'manda

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2016, 12:50 AM »
Those look sweet Den, where did you find such treasures?
Thanks! Believe it or not...the dollar tree!!

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2016, 12:51 AM »
No way  :o I will have check my local one, are they leather or fabric?

Dar'manda

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2016, 12:52 AM »
No way  :o I will have check my local one, are they leather or fabric?

Yes way! They're pleather. :)

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2016, 12:54 AM »
You have to be kidding me, I am going to pick up like 20  :P they look really close to Jango pouches.

Dar'manda

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2016, 01:12 AM »
You have to be kidding me, I am going to pick up like 20  :P they look really close to Jango pouches.
Haha  :laugh: :laugh:  You'll have to fill the sides so as to remove the cell case look. :) I plan to pick up a couple more and use the material off of them to fill the sides.

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2016, 09:51 AM »
I'll be interested to see what you do with them.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!