Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #575 on: Jan 06, 2020, 06:28 PM »
It's a master class in realistic weathering mate.  :like: :like: :like:

Hands down ready to enter the Wild category of fastest Approval email ... lol 

I look forward to witnessing your Application .. Ori'jate Beskar'gam Ori'vod .. ...  :like:  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #576 on: Jan 07, 2020, 03:33 AM »
It's a master class in realistic weathering mate.  :like: :like: :like:
Thanks mate, that's a lot coming from you. I'm just making it up as I go  ;D ;D
Hands down ready to enter the Wild category of fastest Approval email ... lol 

I look forward to witnessing your Application .. Ori'jate Beskar'gam Ori'vod .. ...  :like:  ;)
Thanks mate,...my mandoa is bad...hope that doesn't say "hurry up with the beskar you inbred degenerate"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #577 on: Jan 07, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Thanks mate,...my mandoa is bad...hope that doesn't say "hurry up with the beskar you inbred degenerate"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ori'jate     beskar'gam      Ori'vod .
  Excellent  "iron skin"   my Special Friend
                      (Armor)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #578 on: Jan 07, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Sounds like you have good taste Brett.
My kit also took inspiration from those 2 versions of Fett and from Kast as well. I mimicked part of Kast's belt rig to blend my voice amp into my kit without having to hide it in a pouch. Plus doing so has given me the ability to leave the res light exposed on it and as well all know, everything is better with lights lol Keep up the awesome work man. Some top notch quality stuff in this thread

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #579 on: Jan 07, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Sounds like you have good taste Brett.
My kit also took inspiration from those 2 versions of Fett and from Kast as well. I mimicked part of Kast's belt rig to blend my voice amp into my kit without having to hide it in a pouch. Plus doing so has given me the ability to leave the res light exposed on it and as well all know, everything is better with lights lol Keep up the awesome work man. Some top notch quality stuff in this thread
I forgot about mythos fett as well....another source of inspiration. I liked mythos fett as it is still Boba at the core, but a few things were added. I think the additions worked well, can easily believe he may have needed those things for a hunt/ adventure. I think sideshow do a great job...another one I liked was the gammorean executioner....how cool would that be to see one of those in a movie
I agree to a point with adding lights, it's true they add a lot to a kit. I'm not a big fan of super bright lights....not a walking Christmas tree  :laugh: :laugh:. If it's meant to help you see ....fair enough...but with other parts of the kit, I'd go with subtle...just a hint to draw the eye
I haven't really done much with voice amps yet, did get a kit....but think I used bits of it on some other thing.
  Ori'jate     beskar'gam      Ori'vod .
  Excellent  "iron skin"   my Special Friend
                      (Armor)
Thanks mate to kind...I might look into learning some mandoa

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #580 on: Jan 07, 2020, 09:28 PM »
You've deffo got the mythos vibe goin on mate......." bretts mythos protector."  :like: :like: :like: can't wait to see what you do next.

« Reply #581 on: Jan 07, 2020, 09:48 PM »
You've deffo got the mythos vibe goin on mate......." bretts mythos protector."  :like: :like: :like: can't wait to see what you do next.
I am thinking of a poncho, I reckon I've got some electro binos around too....really have to look for it all, I'm sure there's a few other bits collected that I've put somewhere

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #582 on: Jan 09, 2020, 01:38 PM »
I am thinking of a poncho, I reckon I've got some electro binos around too....really have to look for it all, I'm sure there's a few other bits collected that I've put somewhere

Yes, yes, yes, poncho all the way man. That's how my cloak is cut but with the jetpack you can't actually wear it poncho style but being able to add that half draped across the chest look is fun

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #583 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:22 AM »
Yes, yes, yes, poncho all the way man. That's how my cloak is cut but with the jetpack you can't actually wear it poncho style but being able to add that half draped across the chest look is fun
What'd you use for a design ? Sort of double the cape ....or  first blood style?
What I'll be working on next...gauntlets and cod

The back up set

This'll be the main set...wondering green or red for the silver gauntlet

jett drexel

« Reply #584 on: Jan 10, 2020, 09:28 AM »
I think the red will weather better.  ;)

« Reply #585 on: Jan 12, 2020, 02:04 AM »
I'll have to check out what reds I have, if any still around. Might use the esb flame unit. I'll have to strip and clean the airbrush ....see if it still works, been left outside for over a year. Might use red, black, silver, gold on the bits and pieces....see what I've got around, sort out some electronics

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #586 on: Jan 14, 2020, 09:30 AM »
I am also a fan of the red.   :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #587 on: Jan 15, 2020, 04:46 AM »
I think the red will weather better.  ;)
I am also a fan of the red.   :)
Cool, red it is
Trying to work out what type of flame unit ....the left gaunt I'll paint red is a Rotj one....never been a massive fan of Rotj flame unit, more the esb or pre pro style.

jett drexel

« Reply #588 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Well if you look at the mythos fett.... he has an rotj red left gaunt with an esb flame thrower on it.  :like:

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #589 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:38 AM »
Well if you look at the mythos fett.... he has an rotj red left gaunt with an esb flame thrower on it.  :like:

The best if both worlds  ;)

« Reply #590 on: Jan 15, 2020, 03:53 PM »
The best if both worlds  ;)
Is that Mythos and esb?
Reckon I may leave the flame unit for a bit.....or use the esb one I have fir time being. Think I might  go for a stripped down ....industrial look.
I'd like to add electronics to the gauntlets....might leave for a while though. Have to get the ball rolling first.

« Reply #591 on: Jan 21, 2020, 11:30 PM »
No real update, just hooked up the beacon light, its connected to a switch on a radio transmitter....later that'll be a switch on left gauntlet.
Sorry for the crappy image, trying to show beacon flash....and first time using the imgur giv function

jett drexel

« Reply #592 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:55 AM »
oooooh..... it pulses...… cool.  :like:

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #593 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:56 AM »
That's what I have on mine. 

Red Gaunts with ESB flamethrower.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #594 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:30 PM »
oooooh..... it pulses...… cool.  :like:
Yep, may have another idea too 🤔
That's what I have on mine. 

Red Gaunts with ESB flamethrower.
I like how the esb looks stripped down and unique , the rotj looks like it'll be stronger but not much detail
Might try a  Combo

« Reply #595 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:39 AM »
Dug this bucket out, needs some love and finishing....I'm actually thinking of redoing it...or some of it. Mainly the dome and rear of it, keep the face mainly as is....tidy up.

The green would be lighter....more like the plate colour I'll go with....maybe a silver or another coloured ear too

How do you say "stay tuned" in mandoa?

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020, 01:43 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #596 on: Jan 25, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Can’t wait to see what you do with it.
I really like the idea of the silver earpiece.
Your painting and weather skills are top notch and your helmet looks great as is so your planned upgrades will really bring it over the top!
Remember to have fun and make it your own!
Super inspirational as always.

« Reply #597 on: Jan 25, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Can’t wait to see what you do with it.
I really like the idea of the silver earpiece.
Your painting and weather skills are top notch and your helmet looks great as is so your planned upgrades will really bring it over the top!
Remember to have fun and make it your own!
Super inspirational as always.
Thanks mate, thinking of a few things to try
Having fun and making it my own.....that's the important bit

« Reply #598 on: Jan 26, 2020, 10:16 PM »
Minor update...ripped left ear off, started removing kill stripes and a few layers of the dome
Might be good time to plan the eyes or ears....think I'll go black...get the sinister look like Breyo's bucket

Got more to do

jett drexel

« Reply #599 on: Jan 26, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Oh the joys of sanding.  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!