Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP

• 74 Replies

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP
« on: Apr 02, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Hey vod'e! It is with great excitement that I start my armor WIP! :D

I've printed off the Ohl'd Vart Large templates. Here's the chest piece.

For reference, I'm 6' 1" and about 240 lbs. The bottom of the 4th lame is just above my navel. The bottom of the armpits looks better when pulled tight.

I got some advise from Bowfanny via Raestin, but I was confused about the armor ending around my navel, so I haven't trimmed anything yet. What do you all think?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:37 PM by Madviola » Logged
Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Re: Ju'siik Kelborn Legacy Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2016, 07:14 PM »
I know the traditional Boba style ends at the middle or top of your navel. I'm not sure how that style would work for sure, but it looks like it suits your body well. The biggest thing I can think of is to make sure your range of motion isn't hindered any.

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2016, 07:50 PM »
It's very difficult to judge from the angle, a face on relaxed pose pic taken by someone else is best but the plates are looking very oversized to me.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:37 PM »
Ok, I'll try to get a better picture.

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:40 PM »
The chest plates are looking wide, the bottom lames are looking fine. But I agree with Reyn, straight on pics are much easier to judge

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Looking good, so far! :)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Ok, here is a better picture. Yeah, you're right, it looks big. Not sure where to trim though. This one has the 4th lame removed. I realized after I uploaded the picture that the template is a little warped at the bottom. The bottom point is about two inches above my navel.

Thanks Rob! I really like the look of the templates! :)

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Glad you could make them work for you!  ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Much better  ;D The collar width looks fine. I suspect 1 and 2 plates will impede your arm movement so it may be best starting by trimming the outsides then following suit with the rest. Excuse the crude paint job but I think this (red)line would suit your build better and free up your movement.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Much better  ;D The collar width looks fine. I suspect 1 and 2 plates will impede your arm movement so it may be best starting by trimming the outsides then following suit with the rest. Excuse the crude paint job but I think this (red)line would suit your build better and free up your movement.

Thanks! :) I'll see what I can do. :D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Keep in mind that the lames were designed to fold backwards at the tips, as well as having a distinct "v" crease down the center of all of the plates....

Also, you might only have to deepen the radius of the armpit curves of the top plate, to give you some 'cross-arm mobility', instead of cutting too much off....it's always easier to take away slowly, than to add.  ;)

Rob

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Could change the scaling when you print them. I believe it make them a bit smaller.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2016, 11:19 PM »
Thank you all for your words of advice and encouragement! I very much appreciate them. :) I just got some time to work on my templates again, and I hope to have a picture of the adjusted templates for you all tomorrow. :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2016, 11:25 PM »
Oh, does anyone know where I can find a template for the Hondo Karr shoulder plates?

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Ok, after reading and rereading several of the posts, I trimmed the armpit curves a little more and taped down the edges of the lames.

I just now realized that the collar plate and the chest piece need to overlap (sorry, I was tired last night, and didn't look at Rob's picture again tI'll just now).

Better? :) Also, any ideas on how to get Hondo Karr shoulder plates (sorry Rob, I wanted something less bulky)?

Vor'e!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!