Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP

• 74 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Re: Ju'siik Kelborn Legacy Armor WIP
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2016, 02:38 PM »
I'm not sure if there are any templates for those. Well at least that I'm aware of. I do know one of the suppliers in the Supply Depot makes some I just can't remember which one it is off the top of my head at the moment.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2016, 07:54 PM »
Oh well, if no one knows of any templates, I'll make my own from reference pics. Thanks!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Better? :) Also, any ideas on how to get Hondo Karr shoulder plates (sorry Rob, I wanted something less bulky)?

Much better! :)

And, no worries on the shoulder plates...the one's we made were based on Savage Oppress, because Drake was going for a Zabrak Mando at the time, and we didn't make the Legacy versions. The Hondo Karr shoulder plates seem to be simple, dished curves; you might consider using the tops of old plastic construction helmets for that cupped effect.

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2016, 09:28 PM »
Much better! :)

And, no worries on the shoulder plates...the one's we made were based on Savage Oppress, because Drake was going for a Zabrak Mando at the time, and we didn't make the Legacy versions. The Hondo Karr shoulder plates seem to be simple, dished curves; you might consider using the tops of old plastic construction helmets for that cupped effect.

Rob

Thanks! :D Do the edges of the lames look right with the edges pulled back?

Gotcha. Yeah, I've been looking at reference pictures. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2016, 09:38 PM »
Plastic piping can work well for those shapes. The tops of 90 degree connectors or U bends tend to have the right curvature to them.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Da'am Keldau

• "Shoot straight and run fast."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:40 PM »
Lookin' good Vod!

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:44 PM »
Thanks Rob and Kris for your advice, I'll definitely look into that. :)

Thanks Kodiak! I like them more every time I put the templates on. :D

Zerxus Dral

• Leader of merriment
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2016, 11:30 PM »
Oh, does anyone know where I can find a template for the Hondo Karr shoulder plates?

We at Gungan armory sell them. If you prefer to make them yourself and have a pair of Arc Trooper shoulders laying around you can hack them up to get the correct angles, you can also pep and harden a set if you don't have any lying around your house. And I recommend against the piping. It's very hard to find a set of the angled parts that not only fit you properly, but for most people once you get them large enough to fit they are too thick to heat properly and easily.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #23 on: Apr 06, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Thanks Zeruxs. I'll keep that in mind.

Finally got time to assemble the backplate. Here's that picture.

The template wasn't cooperating on the shoulders. I've got the shins put together, and as soon as I can get the knee taped together, I'll take a picture with the thigh, knee, shin, and boot plates. :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2016, 11:15 PM »
Ok, so I got the leg templates taped on.

I know the thigh plates are HUGE, but I'm not sure how much to trim off. 1/2" all the way around? Also, the shin plates and boot plate seemed a little wide to me. The shin assembly went most of the way around my leg, and the straps of the boot plate go all the way around to the back (maybe it's supposed to do that).

Thoughts?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Mainly top and bottom on the thigh. With it taped in place, sit down, mark where it is creasing at your waist and trim it back to that spot. And about half inch at the bottom just so it's not clipping the knee if things shift.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2016, 07:18 AM »
Thanks! :)

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2016, 11:36 AM »
The idea of those shin plates was to wrap almost completely around the leg, for a "heavy armor" effect; same with the large thighs.....but, feel free to mod these as you see fit, because they are totally customizable! ;)

Oh, and the boot plates were made to fit my motorcycle/lineman boots, lol. :)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2016, 11:42 AM »
The idea of those shin plates was to wrap almost completely around the leg, for a "heavy armor" effect; same with the large thighs.....but, feel free to mod these as you see fit, because they are totally customizable! ;)

Oh, and the boot plates were made to fit my motorcycle/lineman boots, lol. :)

Rob

Hahahaha! Good to know! :) I may just trim them all as I like the "heavy armor" look. Just a few more templates to print t and size and I'll start putting it to sintra. :D

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Got the cod and kidney plate templates put together. Here's the pics. :)

Now I just need some shoulder templates. :)

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2016, 03:30 PM by Madviola » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!