Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP

• 74 Replies

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
Re: Ju'siik Kelborn Legacy Armor WIP
« Reply #30 on: Apr 10, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Ok, so I've come up with a template that I believe I can work with.

Here's the concept. I probably don't have it on in the right place, but it's close enough for the moment. :)

Now to trim down the thigh and shin plates. ;D

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2016, 10:30 PM »
Shoulder plate seems maybe a bit small, to give you more volume i would probably make them a little bigger, not too much.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Warspirit. I'll cut them a bit big to give myself some wiggle room. :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2016, 11:31 PM »
Alright! After some more trimming, here are some picts with the flightsuit, boots, and templates. :D

I apologize for some of the templates sagging. The masking tape I was using doesn't stick to my flightsuit like it does to my jeans and shirt. I'll give the thigh plate a test run and see how they works before any kind of trimming.

Next stop, sintra!!! ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Looks good! That lower boot plate is supposed to lap under the top one, with no space between them, in case you were wondering...it's supposed to mimic the chest layering. ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #35 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Huh, didn't know that. :) Thanks! :D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Huh, didn't know that. :) Thanks! :D

Not a problem; this post shows what they are supposed to look like assembled: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=104586.90

Rob  :)

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Ahhhhh..... thanks!  ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #38 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:21 AM »
Ahhhhh..... thanks!  ;D

Not a problem; you'll have to twist and tweak the 'limbs' that go around the heel of your footwear with a heat gun, to conform to the shape of the boot, and then add whatever connection type you like.

I found that adding a little to the length of those limbs will give you more to work with, as you can always cut off the excess, if needed.  ;)

Rob

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #39 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Not a problem; you'll have to twist and tweak the 'limbs' that go around the heel of your footwear with a heat gun, to conform to the shape of the boot, and then add whatever connection type you like. ;)

Rob

Will do. :) Gotta cut all of the plates out first...  ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #40 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Speaking of PVC pipe pauldrons, here's how one of our Sabine OMs made hers: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79511.0

Rob

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #41 on: Apr 28, 2016, 12:08 AM »
Well, I've finally got some progress to report. ;D

Front:

Back:

I realized after I tore everything for the front picture down that I had the shoulders the wrong way. Idk if they'll work yet, but if not, I'll be taking the PVC elbow route (thanks Rob!).

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 10:59 AM by Madviola » Logged

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #42 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:57 AM »
Looking good ner'vod!!  That's some great progress, I know it feels good!   8)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #43 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Looking good ner'vod!!  That's some great progress, I know it feels good!   8)

Thanks! :D

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #44 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:30 AM »
Keep up the good work!  Once your templates are good to go then you get to start!  Very exciting. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!