Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP

• 74 Replies

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Ju'siik Kelborn Legacy Armor WIP
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Mainly top and bottom on the thigh. With it taped in place, sit down, mark where it is creasing at your waist and trim it back to that spot. And about half inch at the bottom just so it's not clipping the knee if things shift.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2016, 07:18 AM »
Thanks! :)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2016, 11:36 AM »
The idea of those shin plates was to wrap almost completely around the leg, for a "heavy armor" effect; same with the large thighs.....but, feel free to mod these as you see fit, because they are totally customizable! ;)

Oh, and the boot plates were made to fit my motorcycle/lineman boots, lol. :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2016, 11:42 AM »
The idea of those shin plates was to wrap almost completely around the leg, for a "heavy armor" effect; same with the large thighs.....but, feel free to mod these as you see fit, because they are totally customizable! ;)

Oh, and the boot plates were made to fit my motorcycle/lineman boots, lol. :)

Rob

Hahahaha! Good to know! :) I may just trim them all as I like the "heavy armor" look. Just a few more templates to print t and size and I'll start putting it to sintra. :D

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Got the cod and kidney plate templates put together. Here's the pics. :)

Now I just need some shoulder templates. :)

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2016, 03:30 PM by Madviola » Logged

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #30 on: Apr 10, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Ok, so I've come up with a template that I believe I can work with.

Here's the concept. I probably don't have it on in the right place, but it's close enough for the moment. :)

Now to trim down the thigh and shin plates. ;D

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2016, 10:30 PM »
Shoulder plate seems maybe a bit small, to give you more volume i would probably make them a little bigger, not too much.

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Warspirit. I'll cut them a bit big to give myself some wiggle room. :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2016, 11:31 PM »
Alright! After some more trimming, here are some picts with the flightsuit, boots, and templates. :D

I apologize for some of the templates sagging. The masking tape I was using doesn't stick to my flightsuit like it does to my jeans and shirt. I'll give the thigh plate a test run and see how they works before any kind of trimming.

Next stop, sintra!!! ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Looks good! That lower boot plate is supposed to lap under the top one, with no space between them, in case you were wondering...it's supposed to mimic the chest layering. ;)

Rob

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #35 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Huh, didn't know that. :) Thanks! :D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Huh, didn't know that. :) Thanks! :D

Not a problem; this post shows what they are supposed to look like assembled: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=104586.90

Rob  :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Ahhhhh..... thanks!  ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #38 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:21 AM »
Ahhhhh..... thanks!  ;D

Not a problem; you'll have to twist and tweak the 'limbs' that go around the heel of your footwear with a heat gun, to conform to the shape of the boot, and then add whatever connection type you like.

I found that adding a little to the length of those limbs will give you more to work with, as you can always cut off the excess, if needed.  ;)

Rob

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #39 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Not a problem; you'll have to twist and tweak the 'limbs' that go around the heel of your footwear with a heat gun, to conform to the shape of the boot, and then add whatever connection type you like. ;)

Rob

Will do. :) Gotta cut all of the plates out first...  ;D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #40 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Speaking of PVC pipe pauldrons, here's how one of our Sabine OMs made hers: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79511.0

Rob

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #41 on: Apr 28, 2016, 12:08 AM »
Well, I've finally got some progress to report. ;D

Front:

Back:

I realized after I tore everything for the front picture down that I had the shoulders the wrong way. Idk if they'll work yet, but if not, I'll be taking the PVC elbow route (thanks Rob!).

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 10:59 AM by Madviola » Logged

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #42 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:57 AM »
Looking good ner'vod!!  That's some great progress, I know it feels good!   8)

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #43 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Looking good ner'vod!!  That's some great progress, I know it feels good!   8)

Thanks! :D

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #44 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:30 AM »
Keep up the good work!  Once your templates are good to go then you get to start!  Very exciting. 

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Thanks vod! :)

I've actually made a direction change to my kit. I'll be able to use everything that I have minus the shoulder plates and thighs. I'll be making a Legacy variant of the Neo-Crusader Shock Trooper. :) I'm working on a concept image to better convey what I have in mind. It should be done in a couple days. :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

Re: Ju'siik Kelborn - Legacy Shock Trooper WIP
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Ok, after some delay, here is a rough mockup of what I was thinking. :)

The scale is a bit off in the image, and the boots are turned. I didn't add boot armor in the image as I could not make it look right. There will be boot armor in the actual kit. ;D Also, I'd like to add trauma plates to it in places, but didn't want to take the time to draw them all out right now.

Progress is slow, but steady. I've got the chest plate shaped and am working on the first lame. I'll throw a pic up here soon.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #47 on: Jun 14, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Nice concept, liking it allot  ;D

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #48 on: Jun 14, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Thanks Ashen!  ;D

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #49 on: Sep 11, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Wow, this thread has been neglected. Sorry vod'e. :(

I've been mostly working on my bucket, and then had a lull in working on my kit all together. However, I'm now back and ready to report some progress!

Here is what I've got shaped atm..

Currently working on the first ab plate. I'll post again with a duct tape test fit once I get the others shaped.

Oya!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!