Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Bucket work in progress

• 17 Replies

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
First Bucket work in progress
« on: Apr 03, 2016, 04:00 AM »
I got my ComMando bucket to fit my head today (yay!) but I'm not sure what to do about this dent. The gash is fine, I can work with that, but the dent makes the helmet look a bit lopsided in that spot. I was thinking of attaching a tube at the location of the dent, since I wanted to have tubes anyway.  What do you think?

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
Re: First Bucket work in progress
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Where did you get it from? Doesn't look like Dha's work unless it's like a B-pull, at the same time I really enjoy this helmet oddly

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Where did you get it from? Doesn't look like Dha's work unless it's like a B-pull, at the same time I really enjoy this helmet oddly
Speaking as the person that originally bought it, it's a B-Pull he sold me at a pretty good discount. I gave it to J'khara because it doesn't fit me (I've got a big head :P) and she liked it.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2016, 10:32 PM »
Haha okay makes sense. Can't wait to see where you go with this!!!

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:26 PM »
I'm apparently blind as I can't see the dent in question.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2016, 10:09 AM »
I'm apparently blind as I can't see the dent in question.

On the second picture near the bottom of the ear there's a fairly large indentation.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2016, 10:42 AM »
On the second picture near the bottom of the ear there's a fairly large indentation.
Being very careful and a heat gun will help pop that out. As long as the resin isn't too thick in that area.

QMU#084

J'Khara Vontess

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2016, 12:17 AM »
Normal

Not normal

Sori for the crummy pictures, I hope this helps.

Bowfanny

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2016, 03:20 AM »
Looks like a mould key slipped. You could probably hear that area and reshape it a bit. Or build it back up nice and sturdy with some bondo.

QMU#084

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2016, 05:00 PM »
It's about time I updated this! I have cut out the visor. Everything that is currently open with be the visor and I intend to cut out slots for a vent look at the bottom of the T. I also took another stab a pushing out the dent by heating it up. It helped a bit, but it's at a point now that I like it and can't wait to make it look like gnarly battle damage.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I rolled with the gash and painted it gold instead of silver add the under-metal color.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:57 AM »
Ok so I had a huge problem with my krylon coated gold on my bucket. No matter how long I waited between coats, or what temperature I stored it at, the krylon was always pliable. Bubble wrap left impressions this thing after days of drying. Come to find out, I was using krylon Maxx note the double "xx" in the name. This is a new krylon formula and it is awful. I found forums online where users of this new krylon formula have had problems with it similar to mine. I tried to work through these issues 3 times, but when my clear coat flaked off on its own I decided it was time to start over and switch to rustoleum. Moral of the story, watch out for the double "xx" krylon. Below is my rustoleum gold-based bucket and painting my color scheme has begun, starting with navy blue.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #12 on: Apr 12, 2017, 09:58 PM »
So I ended up stripping that chrome gold I had (so I stripped the bucket twice). What I've learned: NO CHROME BASE METAL! So I used a Rustoleum Universal gold and it worked great. Below is the coloring process after the gold was applied. The last picture is my weathering, where I wet sanded in my bathtub.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2017, 10:40 PM »
You must have patience to rival Yoda with those stripes.  Looking good.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2017, 12:00 PM »
Looks outstanding so far. Cool paint scheme.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:15 PM »
My bucket is complete

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Love the paint job. It's reminiscent of old battleship camouflage.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Love the paint job. It's reminiscent of old battleship camouflage.
What's funny is I was talking about my paint design with my boyfriend, then he told me that what I described was like dazzle camo, so I looked it up and i was blown away. I had never seen it before!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!