Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kama Pattern and kama fabric?

• 27 Replies

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
Kama Pattern and kama fabric?
« on: Apr 22, 2016, 09:23 AM »
For my first question, does anyone have a pattern for a kama. Second question, what fabric is the best to use for a Kama or waist cape?

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Kama Pattern and kama fabric?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Kamas are pretty much whatever you'd like to do. For mine, I used two pieces of trapezoid duck cloth and then sewed them together like so:

I feel like it gives good movement. I used a duck canvas cloth to line and then a pleather for the outside.

I've seen others do kama's like captain Rex's Kama too.
http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/captain_rex/rexpromo009.jpg

A lot of people use duck canvas, leather/pleather, or other heavy materials. It's really up to you! :) hope that helps a little bit!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Thanks that helps a lot. I'm just really inept at anything that has to do with fabric  :P

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Haha I'm not that great but I've learned a lot! Just kinda play around with what you want or look up some ideas on the forums :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:06 PM »
I designed my pattern. I can create a pdf of the design of you'd like? :)

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:13 PM »
My kama is a single trapezoid that has a cut roughly 3/5ths the way up the back. It's a single piece of duck cloth folded over on itself so there is a tunnel for a belt to run through.

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Thanks for all the replies vode  ;D if its not too much trouble can you make that PDF Den?

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Sure thing vod!

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Thanks

Dar'manda

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:38 PM »
Np vod!

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Thanks again, I recommended your knees templates to a member who was having trouble with the WOF ones. Do you mind if send them to him?

Dar'manda

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:45 PM »
Sure! Anyone is welcome to use'em! ;D

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:47 PM »
they sure helped me  :P so I'm sure he will be able to use them.

Dar'manda

« Reply #13 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:49 PM »
I'm glad they're helping other vode!  :)

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Nice Kama! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Dar'manda

« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2016, 10:43 AM »

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2016, 10:38 PM »
Would either of these fabrics work for my kama

Sorry for the crappy pics I was standing on top of my bed

Dar'manda

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2016, 10:50 PM »
Possibly the pleather.

Edit.. sent pm with with kama pattern pdf.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016, 11:29 PM by Den Barren » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2016, 12:09 AM »
What are the fabric types? I can't tell from the pictures. Typically people use "heavier/thick-ish" materials

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2016, 08:54 AM »
The black one is pleather and the red one is something too thin.  I think I'm going to use duck cloth.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2016, 01:33 PM »
Pleather and duck cloth should be fine :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Hey there vod! I love the Kama! Could I get that pdf aswell? :D

One sword keeps another in the sheath

Dar'manda

« Reply #22 on: Apr 29, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Hey there vod! I love the Kama! Could I get that pdf aswell? :D

Sure thing vod! Pm sent

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24 PM »
Hello vode I have another fabric question. What is a good material to use for a loin cloth?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 12:24 AM »
I used the same materials for my loin cloth as my Kama so it all flows together nicely :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!