Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor updated may 19

• 8 Replies
First Armor updated may 19
« on: Apr 22, 2016, 11:14 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just started my project and i'm still in the design phase, I did some color design with mandomaker.

Here is my final armor color pattern.

Helmet colors.

Finished cutting the templates for the armor.

Trimmed the plate and the collar a bit, what do you think of it?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:25 PM by Trollson » Logged

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First Armor
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2016, 11:32 PM »
I like the one on the left better, honestly. Those dark tones will looks beautiful on a bucket. Have you got a design in mind? Traditional mercenary, or something more menacing?

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Looks great! I love the one on the left personally, you have a nice start :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2016, 07:51 PM »
I'll throw in my vote for the left side bucket, too.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Ok, I decided to go with the family.  Here is my final choice for the color pattern.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2016, 10:27 PM »
Diggin' it, vod.  Now go build it.   :laugh:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
Re: First Armor (edited)
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2016, 08:14 AM »
Chest plates seems a bit large. They will end up under your arms, at least according to the impressions I have from the picture.

I personnaly would trim them down a bit, but not much. And doing that, you may have to do the same for the other pieces for symetry.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din...

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Take half an inch from the centre of the collar and then tape back together, trim down the chest plates to match and pull them up just a tiny bit, then pull the ab up a bit and trim the edges so that the spacing is even all the way around. Take another picture and see how that looks, best to thin down slowly.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:26 PM »
I did some trimming, what do you think?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!