Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Let's start building a Mando (new here and first time W.I.P) - Approved :D:D

• 314 Replies

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
Hi Buenas  :P
Pmed u on Facebook also lol
Turning on my pc to upload pic on imgur ATM

Sh.t didn’t see that  :o damn

AJ
Very nice.

Only one thing I can see that won't pass, that is the bottom sections of the backplate seem to be loose, possibly the vest itself needs tightening just at that point.

Here  :( ??? :-X the left side of the vest it not 100% under the sash... sh.t  :( :(

What now?  ??? ??? ??? ??? :( :(

AJ

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2017, 05:32 PM by Bowfanny » Logged

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Ajoliveira,

As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.[/quote]

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Ajoliveira

Ajoliveira,

As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

The posts have been combined.

I know Bowfanny... Sorry about that...
Was a panic/stress/most do things quick moment...
Wont happen again  :-X

AJ

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
I know Bowfanny... Sorry about that...
Was a panic/stress/most do things quick moment...
Wont happen again  :-X

AJ
No stress Vod, this is a fun place. It just happens to be a fun place with rules! ;D

QMU#084

Ajoliveira

No stress Vod, this is a fun place. It just happens to be a fun place with rules! ;D

Ahah  :laugh: :laugh:

I submitted my pre-app, I screw up my pre-app pics, I gone crazy, the usual  :P

Won’t happen again  ;)

AJ

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Don't panic. Calm down and relax.
I see one item. One.
Usually I can find four or five on a pre-app - that is why it is called a pre-app.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ajoliveira

Update - 02-12-2017

Hi all  :-X

Sad news, pre-app failed  :-X :-\ ??? :'( :'( damn  :'( :'(

Main issue: VEST, its floating  :'( :'(
Suggestions/Recomendations: Arms could use some tucking on the gaunts area or tailoring them to fit better | the pleather strap of the leg holster grenade -> rid of it or hide it

Well, I wasnt 100% confident... And in fact, the pleater vest was made summer of last year, so 1y+ age and uh, maybe 10/15 troopings... gain and lose of weight... damn... will fix this asap and humbly try again  :'( :'( :-\ :-X ??? ??? :'( :'(

AJ

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 06:11 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

You're so very close ner vod. Your kit is looking fantastic!!! Don't feel discouraged.  I had a osik ton of fixes to make on my pre-apps compared to yours. It'll all work out in the end  ;D

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
As far as pre-app review go that is super small list of things. You should be proud of how much you managed to get right for your first try by listening to the advice given throughout this thread.

Pre-app is there to catch as many of these things as possible to give the best possible chance your full app passes first time.

Get that vest fixed up and back in and you should be good to go :D

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Ajoliveira

Update - 22-12-2017

Hi all  ;)

So, today decided to update this  :) Well, to be honest, I "closed" my "workshop" for Xmas, since we at home had to change things to get Xmas Tree and so lol  :laugh: :laugh:

Now, more seriusly, since Hollydays are here, only next year will make a new vest, in order to pre-app again  :-\

Last days been proud of doing trooping alongside 501st and Rl, in fact, 7 days, 6 troopings, incluing 2 hospitals to visit children.

- 09-12 and 10-12 (Aveiro)

- 13-12 and 15-12 (Braga and Guimarães)

Our Bo Katan, will send pre-app sooooonnnnnn,  if everything is ok, she will be the 2nd member here in Portugal  ;D ;D ;D ;D

- 16-12 (Lisbon)

In the capital, had the change of trying the Sandtrooper Pauldron of the 501st CO and  was happy to see how it fits me, since I always loved to use one:

- 17-12 (Gaia)

Today posted this on my FB:

Well, I'm so happy cause 7 days, 6 troopings, damn...  :laugh:
More seriusly, well, was a bit afraid of going to hospitals visit children, cause doesnt know I would react... kids with cancer or paralized, uh, dont know... but in the end was "no big deal" and I was ok and they were happy to see us  :D ;D
But, I'm afraid I have damage even more my kit, broken blade of the gauntlet, one knee have breaked 1 or 2 cms and need to fix it with fiberglass, one day I drooped my helmet of the floor and visor came off (I almost started to cry a bit cause in that night I couldnt troop and visor came off, damn, u might know the feeling of almost f*cked your helmet) but been fixed already cause next day had trooping again, sereval plates where paint started to came off, literally, belly plate, hand plates, chest plates...
Well, 1st my problem was the vest and will do one again from scratch... Now will be all this... And I wanna pre-app so bad to become OM  ??? :-X :-\
But I'm happy cause this days had the change of trooping here with my gf and mates of Rl and 501st  and as 501st says, "bad guys doing good" and I'm happy cause I did good and could bring happyness  ;D :)

Ty all and Happy Hollydays to all, cheers,

AJ

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017, 06:25 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

Ajoliveira

Is it bad that I kinda want a white and blue kit now?  :P

Ahaha  :laugh: :P :P

Kinda Update - 01-01-2018

Hi all and Happy New Year  :P :laugh: ;D

Well, since Hollydays are over, I'm kinda start back to bussiness  ;) :laugh:

Santa and my gf bought me a 3D Printed EE-3, holy sh_t  :o :o

Now I'm thinking if I start working on it and replace my verp...  ??? Or go cannon with a Boba Suit?  ??? ???
I dont have credits lol Must think about it down to the bone  ??? ???

AJ

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Just start an armoury. So each troop you can carry a different weapon :)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ajoliveira

Just start an armoury. So each troop you can carry a different weapon :)

Hi all  ;)

@Kris, saw your reply on that same day but didnt replied, sorry lol  ;) uh, IMO that could be an option  :laugh: Or get a second bin to carry all the armory I have ATM  :P :laugh:

Kinda Update - 18-01-2018

Well, last weekend we got our 1st 2018 trooping, but I didnt suit up cause I'm closed for maintenance lol

Also got a nice surprise, our Portuguese 501st XO gave me a pauldron he made specially for me  :)

For what I can tell, he made it from the ARC templates found here and TDH and so on  :P
It's 4mm Sintra (PVC), painted in flat black. The blue parts are eva foam  ??? and a real old patch attached to it  :)
Now once pre-app is done, will start working on the rest of it (he gave me the space materials lol)  :)

AJ

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
That pauldron is gorgeous!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Bowfanny

Love the pauldron

QMU#084

Ajoliveira

Ty Havelock and Bowfanny  ;D

Since u 2 r here and r app team (couf couf), the lower part of the pauldron could be made out of eva? or must be sintra?  :-\

Ty
AJ

Bowfanny

Ty Havelock and Bowfanny  ;D

Since u 2 r here and r app team (couf couf), the lower part of the pauldron could be made out of eva? or must be sintra?  :-\

Ty
AJ
I’d use an approved armor material for the base and use the other stuff as detail stuff. Don’t go crazy it’s it but that’s what I’ve seen.

QMU#084

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
I wanna say my alor'ad's is made from Kydex? Pretty sure..

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Ajoliveira

I wanna say my alor'ad's is made from Kydex? Pretty sure..

Hi all  :)

@Kol Var'Das, to be honest, I havent any idea what Kydex was so I googled it  :laugh: well, not sure if I can get those here, but nevertheless I can buy online or try a similar base  :) Still, I think I've plenty of time to think about it  :laugh: First things first: humbly Pre-App and then pauldron, since will be easier and fast to approve   :laugh:

Update - 21-01-2018

So, over the weekend got some free time and decided it was time to start working on my ee-3 for the first time  :)

- Placed all the legos, uh, mean, 3d parts correctly aligned and then...

-... started by sanding a bit the parts were I will glue  :) One is sanded and the other not  :laugh:

- After doing it, used a kitchen knife (any knife could do it  :rolleyes: :laugh:) and taked off the "junk" pieces, where will connect to the other section

- Half hour later lol  :laugh:

- Few hours later almost finished it

- Almost finnished it cause 2 sections were missing, one of the barrel like this one...

- ... and seller will print and send me asap (few days and are here  ;D)

Got spare time so decided to start working on it  :) Also this week will start working on my vest, will buy few meters of pleather and then hand on to fix pre-app issues  :)

AJ

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Excellent progress, vod.  I can't wait to see you paint that EE3 and weather it.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Ajoliveira

Update - 06-04-2018

Hi all  ;)

So, been busy last weeks, but few news:

- New vest is done (only need to sew velcro or magnets + attach plates)
- Old vest is fixed (zipper was broken)
- Need to fix RF + Gaunts
- Trimmed flight suit

Then, I humbly believe I'm ready to pre-app again  :)

AJ

ferra

• Kal'Buir
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

CB-20275

Havelock

Pictures, or it didn't happen!   :P

Ajoliveira

Pictures, or it didn't happen!   :P

Ahah true  :laugh: :laugh: :P :P

Well, finally time to Update - 09-05-2018  :laugh:

So, been so busy this couples of times that my building has stopped, but now got more spare time this days so...:

- Old vest is fixed and ok to use again (zipper was broken and now has been replaced by a new one)

- Trimmed a little bit the bracers area and also added a elastic "thing" to it, to fit better and to secure better  :) cause flight suit was a bit big on arms area and couldnt close well my gaunts  :laugh: Well, in fact, i could close both gaunts but I must squizze the flight suit in order to fit  :laugh: well u know the situation  :laugh: :laugh:

- New vest is ready - this is brand new, cause my current/older vest is almost 2 years old (damn  :laugh:)

Well, sorry for the... uh.. -censored- pics  ??? :laugh: Will try to take better pics on the next days  ;)

To Go:

- Attach plates to the new vest (will do the same method - industrial velcro sewed on the vest and since velcro have already glue on it, attach directly to the plates
- Fix RF (broken once again  :-X :'()
- Fix visor - Cause i really dont know what happened here  :-\ ??? ??? damn, this might be a hell of work  ??? ???

Note: Only the larger vest was dennied on my pre-app  ??? I think this is the only thing to fix and I'm ready to pre-app again  :-\ :-[
BUT since I've trooped so many times alongside RL and 501st, uh, 15+ times...

In some spots where I hit things or people hit me... well, have some spots  :-X :-\ do I need to fix them also? :-\ :-X

Ty all

AJ

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:09 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!