Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Let's start building a Mando (new here and first time W.I.P) - Approved :D:D

• 314 Replies

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Let's start building a Mando (new here and first time W.I.P)
« Reply #125 on: Nov 17, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Hi guys  ;D ty so much   :)

For me the hardest part is done lol  :laugh:
Need to re-paint a few spots, especially the black/white on the cheek  :(
No big deal lol  :laugh:
A few days and its done  ;D

Question: should i paint jaig eyes + kill stripes + mando writing with the same blue?  ??? Maybe black?  ??? Need to think about it  ??? :P

Been thinking using this blue to make some stripes in the rest of the armor  :rolleyes: :) but still figure it out  :)
Ty all  ;D

AJ

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #126 on: Nov 17, 2016, 05:34 PM »
I'd do blue kill stripes like you did the other blue. If you're gonna do jaig eyes, I'd do them black.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Ajoliveira

« Reply #127 on: Nov 17, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Ty Kol Var'Das  ;D

Atm I'm googling and searching for best ways to do this, specially how to paint mando writing, since its to damn small, hard to cut and a paint in the @ss  >:( :-X :laugh:

Cheers vod  ;)

AJ

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #128 on: Nov 17, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Have your lettering printed out.
Gently place painters tape over it and hold over a window to ensure enough light shines through to see the letters.
Carve out with a x-acto knife.
Gently remove tape and line up with designated area you want the lettering at.
Paint over lettering , let dry, and voila!
 ;D
Hope that helps Vod!
Enjoy  ;D

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #129 on: Nov 18, 2016, 03:03 AM »
The alternative is that you free hand paint the lettering. I have done this before on weapons. It gives it a more personal feel than trying to stencil it.

You can always use some masking tape as a "line" so it looks neater and gives you something to work as a reference point

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #130 on: Nov 18, 2016, 05:03 AM »
Well, I was going to suggest both of those options... so, I'll just sit here and admire the helmet. Also agree with Kol, black eyes and blue lettering and stripes.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ajoliveira

« Reply #131 on: Nov 22, 2016, 02:04 PM »
Update - 22-11-2016

Hi vode, ty so much for all the kind feed-back, i'm happy u like it  :-[ ;)

So, last few days applied Jaig Eyes and this is how I do it:

- Printed in on those auto-adhesive paper and cuted the negative part/part wanna paint:

- Protected the helmet, then painted:

- Final result:

(Yes, its my pyjamas loool) | (Hum, uh, I placed a bit off the Eyes, not 100% centered to the mandibles(?) part ??? :-X :-\)

And today painted the cape  ;D
Inicially I printed 2 logos: The Skull and the European Logo, but decided for the Skull and maybe will later apply the European logo at the front/shoulder plate  :rolleyes: ;D

The cape is in fact dark grey/dark brown, so the diferent light make diference on the cape  :-\

Also applied the 2 fake hair extentions I have as braid trophies:

May I ask for any thoughts/opinions/concerns etc?  ??? ;)

Ty all,
AJ

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2016, 02:16 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #132 on: Nov 22, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Sorry, vod. Just saw your message.  You did exactly what I did to put the eyes on my bucket.  Looks like yours turned out great.

I like the subtle Mythosaur Skull on that cape.

Hard to tell with your lighting there, but make sure your soft parts get some dirt on them to go with the lovely shipping you've created there.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ajoliveira

« Reply #133 on: Nov 22, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Thks Mi'ix  ;)

BTW, may I ask about the trophies, about the loose fake hair at the end?  ??? :-\
It's fine like it is or I need to change something?  :-\ ???

Cheers ;D
AJ

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #134 on: Nov 22, 2016, 05:46 PM »
BTW, may I ask about the trophies, about the loose fake hair at the end?  ??? :-\
It's fine like it is or I need to change something?  :-\ ???

Looks like mine. :)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #135 on: Nov 22, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Mine too! :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ajoliveira

« Reply #136 on: Nov 22, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Wow really?  :o :laugh:

So I will assume that they are fine as they are  :P

AJ

Ajoliveira

« Reply #137 on: Nov 25, 2016, 02:26 PM »
Update - 25-11-2016

Hi vode  ;D

So, last few days been more busy than usual and not many time to work on my building, still done one boot armor:

May I ask how it looks?  ??? :-\
EDIT: Cause if its ok, I will stard right way on the second, if not, will start / re-paint  ??? ??? :-\

Btw, we've now a 6 months old kitten called Nox, as a Harry Potter spell  :P :laugh:

In the next updates, I'm sure he will help getting into my way, in the building process  :laugh: :P ;D

Ty all and a nice weekend  ;D

AJ

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2016, 02:30 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #138 on: Nov 25, 2016, 02:36 PM »

Yes. Cats and armor in the same picture is the NORM. Especially when you're working on something.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Ajoliveira

« Reply #139 on: Nov 25, 2016, 02:44 PM »
Yeah, learned this last 2 weeks ahah  :laugh:
The kitten bites and scars can count for weathring or beast hunter weathing? ahah  :P :laugh: :laugh:
I laughed so loud when the kitten tried to get his head into the helmet and the helmet fall of above him  :laugh: Kitten-Mando  :laugh:
(The kitten wasnt hurt, cheers ;D)

AJ

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #140 on: Nov 25, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Yes. Cats and armor in the same picture is the NORM. Especially when you're working on something.

Kris is the master when it comes to armour photos at the Nexu farm

Ajoliveira

« Reply #141 on: Nov 25, 2016, 05:12 PM »
Oh, I believe it must be awesome  ;D  :laugh:
(cries for not have clan or armor parties)

Uh, mates, I'm not trying to change kitten topic (ahah) but how looks the boot armor?  ??? ??? :laugh:

AJ

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
« Reply #142 on: Nov 26, 2016, 05:53 AM »
I think it will be fine once you dirty them up. On that topic though you are going to want to dirty the boot slightly, add some scuffs etc to match the level of wear those plates show.

Or just go walk in the countryside for a while on a damp day, pick up the mud etc naturally

Ajoliveira

« Reply #143 on: Nov 29, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Update - 29-11-2016

So, today got a few hours free and done few chest diamonds to use as trophies:

Uh, as they are, should be fine?  :-\ Or must damage them more?  :-\

And now:
SHNEES!!!!

AJ

Kris Jasra

« Reply #144 on: Nov 29, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Whatever works on the diamonds. I have a few almost undamaged, some near destroyed and a couple with graffitti on them.

Ajoliveira

« Reply #145 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:08 PM »
Hum got it Kris, thanks  ;)

Update - 30-11-2016

So, today attached Visor + RF, i think its ready for blackwash:

AJ

Ajoliveira

« Reply #146 on: Dec 12, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Update - 12-12-2016

Eish, at last a new update, so long  :laugh:

So, this past week was Comic Con Portugal, from 8th till 11th, and I and my gf used our mandos  :)
A few pics:

(Legend: Hum, I have any Jawas bounty atm?)

I must trully say, I was so scared for the 1st time I suited on and the sensation of walking on, trully amazing  ;D 8)
U must saw I already done shnees  :D

Now, what I've noticed:

1 - At the parking lot, when I was suit up, had problems with the shnees attachemnt, thats why in the pics u can see small elastic strips  :(
2 - After 30 min with helmet on, I was already sweting (is this word?  :laugh:)
3 -I wanna a BIG HUGE BADASS GGGGUUUUUNNNNN AHAH  :P
4- Really need air vent on my helmet~
5- On the 3rd day of Comic Con I broke my left shnnee, on the knee area  :'( (need to figure out if I still contiune with this shnee model or build a new set from scratch)
6 - POCKETS, I NEED POCKETS AND BAGS lol  :laugh: On the only bag I had, I have car keys, iphone, cigarrets (I know... :-X), wallet and power bank to supply chest display  :laugh: :-\

I was so happy of using my kit, and for another hand, sad for not having it 100% complete  :'( :(
I done some weathring at soft parts (on the floor of the parking lot and on the grass over there  :laugh: :laugh:)

Maybe will take a few days off in order to clean my head and then, re-start my building  :-[

Any opinion on the pics above, good and bad, obviusly feel free, wanna know what do you thing of me wearing the suit, plates, everything  :laugh: ;D ;)

Ty  ;D
AJ

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016, 07:46 PM by Ajoliveira » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #147 on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:45 PM »
Your thigh plates look like they're getting away from you.  Other than that, this kit looks really nice, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #148 on: Dec 12, 2016, 11:44 PM »
I like how you put a whole kit together in a few months while I've been trying for 2+years lol

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Kris Jasra

« Reply #149 on: Dec 13, 2016, 05:08 AM »
From what I can see:
Obviously still working on gauntlets - once they're done have a look at the sleeves, they look baggy now, but the gauntlets may pull them in so they look tighter.
Thighs are floating away from your leg and may need a strap at the bottom to keep them in to your leg. If that makes the top stick out then they need more shaping.
Bit more dirt weathering to match the paint weathering.

And not needed to apply, but I'd look at adding more pouches and any other little accessories to really give your kit a feel of being lived and worked in for years

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!