Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mix's Protector WIP (Approved Official Kit, Brigade Status: Approved 8-2-16)

• 83 Replies

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Mix's Protector WIP
« Reply #50 on: Jul 07, 2016, 10:22 PM »
Weathering looks real good  8)

« Reply #51 on: Jul 10, 2016, 03:23 AM »

Looks like you're being stalked by a vicious beast

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #52 on: Jul 10, 2016, 11:54 AM »
Looking really good!!
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #53 on: Jul 10, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Thank you guys so much!

In the meantime, I put my pre-app pics up so here they are for you to see!

Front

Left Side

Back

Right Side

Bucket Off

Weapon

Thanks all!

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 03:59 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #54 on: Jul 10, 2016, 02:40 PM »
I would say pre app should go pretty fast. Beautiful kit. :D

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #55 on: Jul 10, 2016, 03:30 PM »
I know I've said this a lot, but...I like it! Looks really dope man  8)  8)  8)

« Reply #56 on: Jul 10, 2016, 04:04 PM »
Looking good vod, should have no probs at all

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #57 on: Jul 10, 2016, 05:47 PM »

Love it, so much, well done

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #58 on: Jul 15, 2016, 08:31 AM »
The final piece of the puzzle has been completed!  I now have shin tools!  Thanks go out to Dha Bral for providing the necessary supplies!

As I mentioned, the kit is up in pre-app at this moment, but I've already made some changes and will be going for full approval sometime this weekend.  Wish me luck as we try to make this thing official!

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 04:00 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #59 on: Jul 15, 2016, 09:16 AM »
All the best vod, your kit looks great. I reckon you won't any dramas

Mi'ix

« Reply #60 on: Jul 18, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Alright, so official my official app has been submitted for this one, so I won't bore your with the same pictures taken over again, but I realized I hadn't gotten any good pictures with my rifle so, I figured those of you that have been following this build would enjoy!

Thanks again for being a part of this adventure.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 04:01 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Vhett Naast

« Reply #61 on: Jul 18, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Totally awesome man! job well done, I can't wait to see this official and part of the brigades  ;)  8)  8)  8)

« Reply #62 on: Jul 19, 2016, 05:43 AM »
How long to you find out?

Mi'ix

« Reply #63 on: Jul 19, 2016, 08:14 AM »
The app team usually takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks to look the kit over.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #64 on: Jul 19, 2016, 05:30 PM »
Nice gun

Jedisalamander, OC: Meshura Ordo.

She/They

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #65 on: Jul 20, 2016, 11:50 AM »
Looking really good! I can't wait for the company.
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Mi'ix

« Reply #66 on: Jul 20, 2016, 12:29 PM »
It will be an honor to be among the ranks, Lynn.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Mi'ix

Re: Mix's Protector (Adventures on the Last Page!)
« Reply #67 on: Jun 05, 2017, 12:16 AM »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post some pics of the upgrades I've made to the kit over the past year of its life!  I checked with Raestin before necroposting so if this is in violation, blame him!   :laugh:

So I wanted to take a minute and post the updates I've made to the kit and some of my adventures I've had in it.  You all were so wonderful and inspirational in getting this thing off the ground so I figured you guys would want to see what it's been up to.

Updates...

My shot at a house sigil on the right shoulder plate.  I liked the triangle from the U.S. armored divisions of old so I went with that and added Jaster's feather and Mando'a number 2 for the second brigade approved Protector! 

I added the chest sigil from the Marvel Era Protectors.  Really simple, but adds a nice detail to the kit.

Wrist darts from Machine Craft Replicas, because why not?!

Speaking of MCR, I added one of Dakota's beacons and stabilizer!  The beacon glows courtesy of a little battery pack sodered to a LED with built in resistors.  Such a simple upgrade, but it added a lot to the pack!   :)

Adventures....

Mandalore and I at Celebration this past April!

Meggaxp in Jackson, MI

Fun photoshoot in the forest with Dha Bral, Aria, and Coronae.  Happy Pause Photography did a great job on these.

Up, up and away in front of the Renaissance Center in Downtown Detroit.  Thanks to Cosfame for these wonderful shots.

Anyways,  thanks for indulging me for a moment.  If you want to check out how crazy I really am, click here  here for my ESB Fett build! 

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 04:18 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: Mix's Protector (Adventures on the Last Page!)
« Reply #68 on: Jun 05, 2017, 02:31 AM »
I checked with Raestin before necroposting so if this is in violation, blame him!   :laugh:

It is never a Necro when it is your own thread... but I will take any excuse to blame Raestin for something :P

Upgrades look fantastic, it is kits like this one that make me want to throw all my plans out of the window and make a protector

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Vhett Naast

Dope work as usual man, you have a really nice kit, should be proud!  8)

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
I dig it.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Mi'ix

Hello Everyone,

It's been a little while and with the epic collapse of photobucket, I still have to go back and fix some of the links in this thread, but I want to show you all my new helmet!

I recently picked up a B pull FettPride ESB bucket from Wasted Fett over on the Dented Helmet.  Really a beautiful helmet, and I don't have to twist it to get it off my head like a bottle cap!   :laugh:  Don't worry this is an entirely different helmet from my ESB Boba build.  I plan on picking that one back up once I get more of the parts.  This helmet served for some GREAT practice to hone some of the weathering techniques I'm going to need for Boba. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Straight from the box and so fresh!

Had to put all the buckets I had in the house together for a family shot.  I resisted pulling Annie and Oliver out for this one, which I'm sure Aria appreciates.   :P

The MK II now has silver!  Francis, my first ever bucket, has his new (but still old Green) in this shot.

Previously I had sworn by the masking fluid I used produced by a Japanese company called Gunji Sanyo.  This purple stuff is made by Humbrol and is what I will be using from now on.  That stuff came off with one pull!

Back panels with the white at gray added topically.  That's something I'll be doing a lot more of as I move on to Fett. 

Put a layer of gray over the face with the new masking fluid and we have an idea of how the weathering will shape up!

Now with more green...and red for that matter!  I'm keeping the keyslots gray for a little ROTJ vibe on this one.

More fun with topical weathering on the dome.  Way way more scratches and dings to add.  I may or may not have beat this thing with a rubber boot sole to get some nice marks.   :laugh:

Admittedly I'm a little nuts.  Sometimes I carry it around the house to look at while I do other stuff.  I very much like looking at it, but it gives me time to think about things I can do better, or about the upcoming steps in order to get this thing completed.  I've got the eyes, triangles, and custom borden added here.  I've got some better lit shots below.,,,

Killstripes!

Also, mock visor install.  As part of the package, Wasted Fett includes a visor with his casts that fits perfectly.

Finally, weathering.

I forgot to mention that I'm using a hard hat suspension system to keep this thing on my head.  Fans were also installed with a servo kit, RF lights, and a hearing aid eventually planned.

Got to take it out on a test run at Capital City Comicon in Lansing, MI this past weekend.  Loved every minute of it. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Vhett Naast

Dope work man.  8)  8)  8)

Great looking helmet, I really dig your color choices, nails that protector look 100%. And your weathering techniques are very well done. I'd be carrying that thing around the house all the time as well  :laugh:

Mi'ix

...i may or may not be doing that....  :laugh:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Nice work mate👌🏻

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!