Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Beast tamer bite sleeve WIP

• 5 Replies
Beast tamer bite sleeve WIP
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:31 AM »
So I'm working on parts for a beast tamer build. I've got most the requirements covered. Instead of the typical bite sleeve, for dogs and what not, I've went a little more organic. I've got some plans laid out for the thing, was wondering what the pros thought.

You can see the outline for a mythos skull, possibly a good intimidation factor. The back, I've already cut in half and pinned back together upside down to get the vertebrae and blades to swoop up. I'm thinking some half inch foam to fill it out.

Any ideas to bring it together will be awesome.

Teh te range, vi joruur kot. - From the ashes, we gather strength.
Re: Beast tamer bite sleeve WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:36 PM »
Alright. Picked up some scrap pipe from ace hardware and I got the arm mounts and handle mounted.

Now it's time for foam bite padding, paint, and possible bondo and cardboard for details.

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:53 PM »
is that real bone or did you carve it? That looks like it came from a BIG creature since that's the pelvis/sacrum area.

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 09:37 AM »
It is real bone. I believe it is from a cow.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 09:42 AM »
I think this is going to make a really cool addition to your beast tamer build.  It should give it a really authentic look.  8)

StormMaker

• The Jungle Leaf Mando
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 11:32 AM »
     That looks awesome. Love the realism here. Definitely going to keep checking back.  :)

... Don’t run. You’ll just die tired.

Full DW Armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114926.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!