Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Celebration 8

• 56 Replies
Re: Celebration 8
« Reply #50 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:50 AM »
Is the mandalorian mercs acceptable to wear helmets at galactic nights??

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #51 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:03 AM »
Is the mandalorian mercs acceptable to wear helmets at galactic nights??

Nope.

From their website: Masks of any kind may not be worn.

« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2017, 12:50 AM »
For the convention itself is the group doing anything?

For carrying stuff while in armor what is better, a backback and gun bag or a roller suit case?

Hondo Falco

• Armor Weapons and Soft Parts at 100%
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #53 on: Apr 01, 2017, 07:13 AM »
For the convention itself is the group doing anything?

For carrying stuff while in armor what is better, a backback and gun bag or a roller suit case?

For your first question the Mercs will be doing a photo shoot on Saturday sometime after 4pm.  You can check in at the mercs booth for any more details regarding that.
 As for carrying stuff like I told you before a book bag or backpack maybe more comfortable to carry around with you than lugging a suitcase while you're in armor

I’m a grunt...... and proud of it

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #54 on: Apr 01, 2017, 05:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to Seeing all the Great kits and meeting all of the Fantastic members who make up this Outstanding Organization.  8) ;D

If you see me please Stop to say Hello , but If I don't recognize your name or remember your Straight away my apologies in advance.
It Would probably help to let me know how we know each other , ie . you bought a prop from me (The Ward Arms Family) or your in M.A. etc.

I want to meet as many of you as I can in this short Window of time we are granted ... So please make the time , I would be honored to make your acquaintance .

I will also have Signed trading cards for Everyone (I think I signed about 1200 for Celebration ? )   :rolleyes:
 I plan to be around the Table or mingling that general area most of the time , then at the Bash is also a good time , one of the only times You'll see me without my Helmet on ... but Trust me you'll be able to spot me at the Bash ...   We leave Friday for Florida so if you want to schedule a time to meet up specifically you'll need to let me know before Friday .. the Week before Celebration is family Vacation at Disney so I won't be checking in much.

Take care Everyone and safe travels ... OYA MMCC ! ! !   

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #55 on: Apr 01, 2017, 11:53 PM »
Thanks,

I did some trials with my updated armor. It fits comfortably with backpack and shoulder gun bag.

The only thing with my backpack I can't wear my back plate. I may be dressing up for three or two days. It depends on how things goals what's going on.

Thursday I am seeing Boba fett and mark hamil.

Should I go in as my costume?

My titanfall helmet looks amazing after heavy modifications and painting. My mando helmet is fine. I Haven't made any new change.

How many people are actually going within the mercs?

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #56 on: Apr 03, 2017, 11:02 PM »
TheBlueKnight,

Some things I've picked up over the years going to Cons of all shapes and sizes:

I suggest doing a few laps around the exhibitor hall before buying anything. 

Lap 1, you scan and see what booths you want to focus on.

Lap 2, in depth look at the booths you noted before, picking out things you want to purchase.

Lap 3, go back and buy the march you wanted. 

This way, you don't have to lug all your kit and newly purchased goodies as you meander through the hall.  I also suggest dropping stuff off at your room, car, or any storage area absolutely absolutely trust, so you can go enjoy panels and the sights without hauling everything with you.

Spare/external battery PLUS charger cables (fat load of good it does you in your hotel room, or worse, back home) are a godsend.  My phone's battery is pretty good, but after using it for several hours texting, making phone calls, using the internet, and looking up the floor map, you really can't expect it to last all day, and right as Mark Hamil is two feet from you in the hallway getting up to shenanigans, your phone will be nursing one percent.

Before you even leave home, find yourself a good gel insert for your boots/shoes.  Best ten bucks I've ever spent. When I went back to wearing my shoes without them recently, I noticed the difference, and that was just casual walking around, not nearly the mileage a Con always is.

Bring plenty of repair stuffs.  My kits broken straps and plates doing the most trivial kit-ups at home.  There will be plenty of folks that probably have some, but its always good to have some on-hand too.  This will be the first event I'll be kitted up for, and I'm planning on bringing my hot glue gun (to the hotel, not the Con floor), small sewing kit (I'm planning on checking with the Con rules to be sure its ok to bring a sewing needle in, can't assume things like that anymore), extra elastic straps, and extra velcro, not to mention small things of touch-up paint and a brush.

I don't claim to be the most experienced at this stuff, just thought I'd give you the stuff I've gotten over the years with my experience.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!