Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need help on a com pack!

• 8 Replies

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
Need help on a com pack!
« on: Jun 08, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Hay Vods! so im making a endor stile mando and need help on a com pack. id like it to have a hard shell and will hold at most 30 pounds ish of stuff. i plan to have it holed my power source, a small speaker for coms chatter(maybe just a voice amp) and (drum role please) a water cooling system. now regarding the water cooling system. will it work? will it be practical? i have no idea. its something im going to mess around with and try to make piratical if a susses ill put a post up about the project( with a cost and how to) the inspiration hit me when i was wherein my first kit and i was so hot the hot glue in my bucket was melting. but right now i need a hard shell pack to hold all that and need suggestions on material/design (im not gifted with aesthetics) so anything is helpful. Remember Vods i need help with just the shell for now. thanks for you time Vods! shoot straight and run fast.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid
Re: Need help on a com pack!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2016, 01:59 PM »
I would say you'd want to build a frame and harness system like what was used for Boba's jet pack. Figure out how to mount the stuff you want to the frame so its holding all the weight. Then you can build a shell out of a lightweight material and hang it from the frame.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:32 PM »
You could make a similar harness to what Sandtroopers use for their packs:

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 56
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:45 PM »
For the record, that is a military surplus ALICE pack frame, just so you know what to look/ask for.  They aren't too expensive, and they're actually pretty modular.  I use one for off the grid camping, and it may pull double duty for my Mercs costume.

Karl, do you have a WIP for that pack?  I'm thinking about building a comm pack slash jet pack combo. 

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016, 02:48 PM by Darth_Vemon » Logged
K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2016, 03:36 PM »
No idea.  Had a friend in the 501st build his a month ago and thought it would work well for a comm pack or other related backpack.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 56
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Thanks anyway.  Looks like I get to put my imagination to work andncone up with a comms/ jet pack. 

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2016, 11:37 AM »
You could make a similar harness to what Sandtroopers use for their packs:

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking of! Here's a pic RafalFett put on TDH:

And here's the link to the thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/rafalfetts-misc-templates-blueprints-47395/

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2016, 01:21 PM »
For the record, that is a military surplus ALICE pack frame, just so you know what to look/ask for.  They aren't too expensive, and they're actually pretty modular.  I use one for off the grid camping, and it may pull double duty for my Mercs costume.

Karl, do you have a WIP for that pack?  I'm thinking about building a comm pack slash jet pack combo.
And the nice thing is that the frame is canon, since the Sandtroopers use them.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2016, 05:49 PM »
THANKS VODS! i hope to start work on it soon and to have a thread dedicated to it.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!