Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Celebration 2017: Role Call/ Meet and Greet

• 23 Replies

Sunkiller

• OM- 1428
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Celebration 2017: Role Call/ Meet and Greet
« on: Jun 14, 2016, 01:40 AM »
Hey Vodes!

Celebration is the biggest event for Star Wars fans (well, I guess aside from getting to be an extra in one of the movies), and for all intents and purposes, a pilgrimage.

For Mandalorians, it's no different: a chance to show off everything awesome you and your Clan have done this year. A chance to showcase your armor, fly your banners high, and of course, boast about drinking Vodes under the table. On top of this, it's an amazing chance to meet those from all around the world. People we'd never normally have the chance to meet, whether they be Mandos or not, from our state or from another country, or even speak the same language as we do or not.

Anyway, I personally want to take advantage of this opportunity. I want to meet y'all! So, I figured I'd start this Thread to see if there are any like-minded Mandos out there, and start a -"meet"- and greet in prep for all of our chances to meet next year!

So, to kick it off. I was thinking we could include some basic information about ourselves, our kits, and what we're thinking about doing for Celebration, and going from there. I'll start:

Character name: Xjar'ako
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Keenan

Clan (if applicable): Arqet
Clan location: Southern Texas, USA

Current status: OM
Brigades: None

Current goals/Celebration goals: I want to build my kit into a Beast Hunter, first and foremost. After that, I'm thinking of building a heavy armor "Tank"-like build. By Celebration, I'd like to have two complete Mando kits, with a Sith kit as well...and hopefully some sort of ventilation system to go in my armor   ;D

So, yeah. Hope to hear from y'all ^_^ If not, I'll see you at Celebration next year (probably by way of coming up to you and asking "OMG HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT!!!!")!

"Why do you rattle as you move, Xjar? Your prey will escape!"

The Mandalorian leans back and lets out a small laugh.

"The only creatures worth my efforts are those fearless to any noise they can hear."

Velke

• They won't see me coming....
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Celebration 2017: Role Call/ Meet and Greet
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Hey Vodes!

Celebration is the biggest event for Star Wars fans (well, I guess aside from getting to be an extra in one of the movies), and for all intents and purposes, a pilgrimage.

For Mandalorians, it's no different: a chance to show off everything awesome you and your Clan have done this year. A chance to showcase your armor, fly your banners high, and of course, boast about drinking Vodes under the table. On top of this, it's an amazing chance to meet those from all around the world. People we'd never normally have the chance to meet, whether they be Mandos or not, from our state or from another country, or even speak the same language as we do or not.

Anyway, I personally want to take advantage of this opportunity. I want to meet y'all! So, I figured I'd start this Thread to see if there are any like-minded Mandos out there, and start a -"meet"- and greet in prep for all of our chances to meet next year!

So, to kick it off. I was thinking we could include some basic information about ourselves, our kits, and what we're thinking about doing for Celebration, and going from there. I'll start:

Character name: Xjar'ako
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Keenan

Clan (if applicable): Arqet
Clan location: Southern Texas, USA

Current goals/Celebration goals: I want to build my kit into a Beast Hunter, first and foremost. After that, I'm thinking of building a heavy armor "Tank"-like build. By Celebration, I'd like to have two complete Mando kits, with a Sith kit as well...and hopefully some sort of ventilation system to go in my armor   ;D

So, yeah. Hope to hear from y'all ^_^ If not, I'll see you at Celebration next year (probably by way of coming up to you and asking "OMG HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT!!!!")!

I LOVE this idea!

Here's some info from me:

Character name: Velke Tho'ren
Clan: Bes'uliik
Current/Celebration goals: I plan to divide my time between trooping in my finished Mando build and sharing the power of the Dark Side im my Sith costume.

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 10:21 AM by Velke » Logged
MMCC OM #1630  (retired)
M.A.J.I.C. #180
Grey Brigade OT Guard #54
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.
(Who's watching your back? I am.)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Thanks for the update!👍

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2016, 06:43 AM »
Character name: Ki'tahra
Name: Mel

Clan (if applicable): Bes'uliik (hopefully soon to be official)
Clan location: Jonesboro, Ar (USA)

Current status: not official (yet)

Current goals/Celebration goals: i want to have my first build complete and approved before celebration. If that becomes a reality, I will hopefully be able to join you guys there (if not maybe a test run as a non official costume? Or I may go ahead and finish my Sabine helmet for a cosplay - that currently is just that...cosplay). We will be on our way to London when we reach Orlando, so we will be flying in on the 12th, and out on the 17th to head to England for a month (the boyfriend is doing a guest spot at a tattoo shop there and is weighing his options on tattooing the convention if he can - we do a lot of conventions through his work). So, hopefully it will just be a weekend of rest and relaxation mixed with a lot of mingling and meeting some of you guys before I disappear over the Atlantic!

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:28 PM »
Character name: Uzzio V'sheau
Name: Josh

Clan (if applicable): Bes'uliik
Clan location: Lebanon, TN (USA)

Current status: not official

Current goals/Celebration goals: i want to experience the coolest Star Wars event/con for the first time.
Currently working on my first kit: Manda style.
Hoping to be an approved OM by then. Just looking to have a great time with friends and hopefully find some cool and unique trinkets to come home with (maybe an autograph or two?).
Already bought my pass.
P.s. looking to split a room cost if anyone is interested.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Orar Jaxx

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Character name: Orar Jaxx
Clan: Buurenaar Verda
Current/Celebration goals: This will be my second Celebration (I went to the one in CA in 2015 as well) and I mostly just want to troop at least one day in my Mando armor and then my husband and I will go to some of the talks and just enjoy walking around and seeing everything.

Phreakshow

• Awards Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Character name: Kot'ta Ad'akaan
Clan: Arqet
Current/Celebration goals: I want to take it all in.

Armor build:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96632.0

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #77
B.E.A.R.D.S - Beskar Enhanced And Reinforced Deflection System #124
IT-Mando  #28

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Character name: Lem'zig Dee - Lem to my friends (you guys!)
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Suzy / Lem

Clan (if applicable): Buurenaar Verda Clan
Clan location: Florida, USA

Brigades: Retired 267th, Urban Assault

Current goals/Celebration goals: I would like to finish a few upgrades for SWC, mostly functional to assure I don't lose anything while walking around.  I am looking forward to meeting as many new friends as I can and seeing old friends again (3rd Celebration for me).  I will spend most of my con time walking around, checking out any panels I can get into, spending time at our booth, and hanging out with my kid.  After hours, I hope to hang out with a lot of Mercs!  I plan to troop one or two days.  I don't do well in crowds while kitted up, so it may be for a few hours a day at most. 

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2017, 10:15 AM by Lem'zig Dee » Logged
IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums

NalRusk

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2017, 07:13 PM »
character name.....NalRusk
Real nam...... John
clan...... Cerar
location..... Colorado
current status..... OM 1059
brigades....... 267th/ Demolitions

current goals.......... trying to finish my medic for celebration...... my main goal this year is to spent time with all of my Vod, work the table, set up...........and make some damn memories that we will all be embarassed about at some point down the road, lol.

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2017, 09:16 PM by NalRusk » Logged
May you live long and with no name in history......

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Character name: Zarya
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Megan

Clan (if applicable): Vornskr
Clan location: Las Vegas, NV

Brigades: Spec Ops

Current goals/Celebration goals: Not Mando related, but I'm working on Jyn Erso and hope to bring it with me for Celebration.

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Kal Revik

• "You can run, but you will only die tired."
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:01 PM »
I'll go for it!

Character name: Kal Revik
Clan: Vhe'rang
Clan Location: New Mexico and El Paso, Texas
Brigades: Spec Ops - Recon
Current goals/celebration goals: I'm working on getting my second mando (desert kit) approved before celebration as well as getting my Shoretrooper finished and approved before then too. If I can get my TFA Snowtrooper done before then awesome! I'll be trooping both mando and 501st...I'll be switching out through costumes everyday most likely.

OM #1135 Vhe'rang clan, NM/W. TX, SC
BM #149 Brigade: Spec Ops Recon
ALUMINATI #043/MIB #020/M.A.R.S #58/M.A.
#165/L.O.B. #50/O.O.P.S.! #39/Mandalorian Cavalry #7

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2017, 10:58 PM »
Character name: Zul Veyrde (and Scrudd)
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Rudy, Rude, or Zul
Clan (if applicable): DE Stronghold (Been told to consider myself an Honorary Raquoor'dan "NJ" :P)
Clan location: Delaware

Current status: Auxiliary
Brigades: N/A, but eyeing Dual spec for Force Hunter/Privateer

Current goals/Celebration goals: Repairs and prep for C8 without driving my poor wife too crazy :P/ Hanging out at my first Celebration and overdosing on all the Merc-y Goodness!!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:04 AM »
If you see Mandalorian/Titanfall pilot walking around that will be me. I am thinking about going as that for two days if things go smoothly.

Gatorlorian

• Loyalty above all else. #OhLookAProject
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Character name: Gator
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Gator

Clan (if applicable): None yet, but am in Naast territory.
Clan location: Georgia

Current status: supporter/forum member (working on official kit)
Brigades: None yet, but with any luck Beast tamer.

Current goals/Celebration goals: finish my beast tamer kit and get it submitted in time for approval. Then finish/fine tune the other two unofficial crossover kits in time for con.  On top of all that, work on the other three art projects to be given away to fellow Mando's at con.

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2017, 04:34 AM »
Character name: Edwacoo Akic
Name (Real, or whatever you go by): Kevin, Ed

Clan (if applicable): Bes'uliik
Clan location:Tennessee/Arkansas, USA

Current status: OM, Clan Ver'alor

Current goals/Celebration goals: Meet more Mercs! and to be in the group Photo :D

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Nexu
MMCC# 1461
Mid West Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Character name: Malakier Vhett
Clan: Manda'galaar
Current/Celebration goals: finish my new kit and help my GF finish hers so we can both troop Celebration (hopefully as OMs). Other then that I just plan on hanging out with my fellow Mercs and have a good time. Maybe catch some panels if it's convenient, but I'm not going to stress anything. I'm going to have fun. I plan on kitting up every day, though that is subject to change.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Character name: Havelock d'Hoenig
Clan: Naast
Current/Celebration goals: Just soaking up all the Star Wars Geeky goodness and hanging out with my vode.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2017, 01:59 AM »
Sweet! 

Character name: Kalska Nubu
Clan: Minnesota Whatever-we-are
Current/Celebration goals: finish my kit and have the app pics in by Celebration.  After MMCC appapproval, I want to do an Imperial Officer.

Vhekad Naast

• Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2017, 11:07 AM »
Here's some info from me:
Character name: Vhekad Naast
Clan: Yustapir
Brigades: Desert Ops
Current/Celebration goals: I will be around in my Mando a few days here and there. I want to reconnect with all of my buddies form other clans and have some fun. I am splitting time between all 3 main groups so you will find me around the con as Snap Wexley or as a Tie Pilot as well. My wife Katie will be joining as well:

Character name: Runi Naast
Clan: Yustapir
Brigades: None Yet

Once you see me, you will already be dead.

misstori

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Character name: Juno M'harie
Clan: Talon
Current/Celebration goals: Finish up my new helmet and get my new westar in shape. Can't wait to see my merc fam there!

Bit by bit,
Putting it together...
Piece by Piece-
Only way to make a work of art.
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part.
Having just a vision's no solution,
Everything depends on execution:
Putting it together-
That's what counts!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Since I just found out I'll be going to Celebration for Saturday, I'll throw my 2 creds in.

Character name: Sotar Rua
Clan: Buurenaar Verda Clan
Brigades: Eventually...
Current/Celebration goals: Finish my first kit... As for Celebration, I'm not gonna sweat the major stuff. Just a day away from all responsibilities. Hoping to not be iverwhelmed by my social anxiety, come out of my shell and actually meet some future fellow Mercs!! That's actually my main goal, meet some if y'all in person and not be too shy.

Whatever doesn't kill me- should probably run...

Sotar Rua concept (proper WIP coming soon to a thread near you). http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=109564.0

Udesii Baar'ur

• You only live once, why not die a hero
« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Character name: Udesii Baar'ur
Clan: Dune Sea
Current/Celebration goals: meet up with old friends. Hopefully be medically clear to wear and finish the last few things to my kit. Also find a hotel room lol

ウデシー バーラー
(udeshii baaraa)

#85 Elegant Mandos
#20 Tough Mando Society
#10 Ewok Relocation Agency
#22 M.A.R.S.
#07 Mandalolita
#155 MAJIC

Vanos Dak'win

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan Growth
Re: Celebration 2017: how do i get credit for this troop?
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Vanos Dak'win
Helped set up and tare-down booth at Celebration Orlando.  I do not see where I was credited with this troop.
I also participated in the Death march, Bounty Hunt and am in the front row,  right side (Kneeling) Next to MishaKitty  in the Group Photo. 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:36 PM by Vanos Dak'win » Logged
Vanos Dak'Win
Mark Smedley

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I don't think anyone's gotten their forum tag for it, yet.  The tech team has a lot on their plates.  I'm sure they'll get to it.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!