Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalore the Indomitable

• 8 Replies

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Mandalore the Indomitable
« on: Jun 20, 2016, 11:13 AM »
Hey guys.

After seeing the amazing work Ruusar Cin did on his Mandalore costume, I bought one of his masks to start my own Mandalore costume. Not much to see by now, but I thought I'd share with you what I have done so far.

The pauldron was made by one of my Clans recruits in exchange for a rifle. I hope the cloak will later make me look wider, so the pauldron doesn't look that wide anymore.

The plan is to get the basic softparts next, so pants an a shirt. I was thinking of getting something from a medieval store like viking pants and a wider shirt in white to dye them later with the balaclava I am planning to use, so it all has the same brown tone.

Vikingpants
https://www.larp-fashion.de/mittelalter-kleidung/hosen/8697/wikingerhose-wigbold-braun

Will the laces be a problem when it comes to approval?

Shirt

https://www.larp-fashion.de/media/image/6a/03/1d/wikingerhose-wigbold-braun-bs-020002cm34_1.jpg

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Mandalore the Indomitable
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Been waiting for someone to do a Mandalore kit, can't wait to see how this pans out  ;D

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2016, 08:11 AM »
I'm sure you've done more research than I have but it doesn't look like there are any laces in the source material. Personally I'd say stay away from laces unless you have seen images with laces. Of course we want to get canon kits as close to the source material as possible but because he is shown in comics and an action figure it's not always easy to get things "screen accurate"

Nirob

• Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2016, 03:19 AM »
Got a Shirt without lashes. But it has a little v-neck. Will Cover it with the balaclava. Need to make new pics next week.

Nirob

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2016, 04:06 AM »
Here are the pics with the softparts  on.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2016, 04:15 AM by Nirob » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2016, 04:21 AM »
Liking what you've done so far, I've a thought though.
have you thought of padding the underside of the shoulders to raise off your shoulders and look a bit more imposing?

Nirob

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Good idea. Will wait till I have my robes, to see if they will raise it a little.

Nirob

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2016, 06:58 AM »
Will these shoes work for Mandalore?

Didn't wanted to use boots as Ruusar, since the action figures shoes are not worn above the pants.

Nirob

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Never posted an update. Well that was the state 2 years ago. Still trying to figure out some things and find a resource for cutting patterns for the robe.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!