Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Echoylir's Protector build.

• 36 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Echoylir's Protector build.
« on: Jun 26, 2016, 06:16 AM »
So my Legacy armour project didn't pan out. Switch gears, go for Protector. Without further ado, photos! Will add a foreword though, I'm currently using my old flak vest while I sort out a replacement. It won't be the one I app in with.

The belly plate was floating, hard, and was altered to be like the above picture. The back plate was also adjusted to fit.

Still a long, long road ahead. A big list of things to tick off on the BRL. Tailoring the flightsuit is one of the major things I'll be going at soon, I hope. I have gloves, girth belt, gauntlets and knee plates already, they just need fixing and adjusting.

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016, 07:04 AM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Echoylir's Protector build.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Protector is a long road, but I'm sure you'll get there.
Jetpacks man, Jetpacks  ;D

Tracyn Kelborn

• Ah, I see you've played knifey spoony before!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:09 AM »
Looking awesome vod, really liking the shaping of the backplate. Backplates are never easy things to shape... Can't wait to see the progress. Are you aiming for completion for celebration?

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Looking awesome vod, really liking the shaping of the backplate. Backplates are never easy things to shape... Can't wait to see the progress. Are you aiming for completion for celebration?

Partial completion for Celebration, then all the finishing off and Protector application shortly after.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ion

• Gizka herder :D
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Looks awesome  :D
and I am watching you :P

Verd'ika Helmet WIP- Female Armor WIP- Force Hunter WIP - Art/Crafts  
E.M.T.S. #137 | K.O.V.A. #0020 | G.M.O.L. #017 | L.O.B. #12 | M.5. #065 |
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2016, 02:13 AM »
Looking good vod, I like the paint job on your helmet

Dar'manda

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:15 AM »
Very quick micro-update.

Got my DLT-19's sling installed.

Also the plates are silvered up.

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016, 07:59 AM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Fast progress!

Big fan of Protectors, so looking forward to seeing this pan out :3

Also, dat DLT <3

Dar'manda

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2016, 06:24 AM »
Another update, helmet stuff this time. Was informed the weathering was just a -LITTLE- bit too much, so it got redone. Turned out nicer I think. Although the "I got my face scraped against a sail barge" look was kept  :D

Also, gauntlets. Detail work on them to do, then everything gets dunked in some gunk to add some funk.

Addendum: Torso armour and leg armour!

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016, 10:37 AM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged

Dar'manda

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2016, 11:55 AM »
Hard armour is done and fully weathered. First stage of soft part work is getting done this week, then a stress test troop ( Celebration London of all places! ).

Then it's onward to ticking boxes for the BRL.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016, 12:09 PM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2016, 01:59 AM »
Great weathering on those plates and various pieces.

I know you mentioned those plates were kind of long on you and I'm curious to see how they look on you now.

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2016, 02:09 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:27 AM »
Paint job does look good vod

Tenebris

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2016, 04:03 AM »
Great weathering on those plates and various pieces.

I know you mentioned those plates were kind of long on you and I'm curious to see how they look on you now.

Yeah don't tease, kit up give us peek.

Dar'manda

« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Watch this space for full kitting up pictures. But I wanted to show the newly tailored flight suit.

And my awesome sense of sock co-ordination.

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #14 on: Jul 05, 2016, 05:36 PM »
Will do and in the meantime, the flightsuit looks really good.

Well done!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2016, 06:53 PM »
Watch this space for full kitting up pictures. But I wanted to show the newly tailored flight suit.

Nice and new, you know what that means..................... WEATHERING TIME!  :laugh:

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Jul 05, 2016, 07:42 PM »
Damm vod, awesome work!
Can't wait to see it finished :D

Dar'manda

« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2016, 03:58 PM »
You all have no idea how utterly happy I am with this kit. It's turned out great. Behold, pictures!

And some silly pictures. Such as the "Was I supposed to shoot this guy dead.. or stun him?"

Or the "Ssssh, I'm hunting webels!"

Still a whole lot to do, but it's in a troopable state so I can do a shakedown on everything, make sure everything's secure when in motion, that I can walk normally, sit, run, etc, all the usual mobility issues. I have to get a replacement ( and BRL compliant ) flak vest, get the jetpack setup, weather all the soft parts and a number of smaller things, like trophies, cape of some description.

I'd appreciate if anyone can chime in on plate placement and ways to fix it, I know it's a bit sloppy in a few places. Also, are my double sleeves too long? Bigger girth ( oo-eerrr! ) belt?

Either way, I'm absolutely chuffed over this kit and the advice I've gotten to get it to this state.

Mi'ix

« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2016, 04:22 PM »
Admittedly, I was a little worried with how that green would tone down, but it has weathered nicely.  Well done there.

As for your plates, I'm not sure if they sit crooked on your vest, or if they're just shaped/cut in a manner so that the lines aren't quite straight.  Even if you ticked your left chest plate clockwise to straighten up the line where your collar plate is, then the tab juts into your ab plate.  Perhaps a little trimming is in order? 

I don't particularly think your sleeves are too long.  BRLs don't actually say anything about length, just that they have to be double sleeved.

Girth looks ok to me.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #19 on: Jul 08, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Elastic on the thighs is a no go. CRL violation. :(

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Dar'manda

« Reply #20 on: Jul 08, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Elastic on the thighs is a no go. CRL violation. :(

Ah shoot, forgot that. Not that hard to remove them though, they're mostly there for extra security to prevent the plates flying off if the velcro suddenly turns into sludge. Or make into internal strapping.

Mi'ix

« Reply #21 on: Jul 08, 2016, 04:46 PM »
My vote is for internal strapping.  Protector requirements may be stricter in the sense nylon webbing and buckles won't go with the look.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Dar'manda

« Reply #22 on: Jul 08, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Admittedly, I was a little worried with how that green would tone down, but it has weathered nicely.  Well done there.

As for your plates, I'm not sure if they sit crooked on your vest, or if they're just shaped/cut in a manner so that the lines aren't quite straight.  Even if you ticked your left chest plate clockwise to straighten up the line where your collar plate is, then the tab juts into your ab plate.  Perhaps a little trimming is in order? 

I think half the plate placement problem is down to my abomination of a franken-vest. Maybe a bit of velcro in the wrong place, or missing from somewhere. I'll get someone to help me sort out the placement. There might be a shaping issue at fault as well. Will explore all the possible options though.

Edit: I found the problem on the vest. I'm not wearing it correctly in those photos. The right hand side of the vest is higher than it should be, and worn further back than is correct. That simply threw all of the plate placing completely out. Will have to deal with it when I kit up in it next.

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2016, 05:39 PM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged

Dar'manda

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Assessment of Celebration is:

Good god I need to do more work on this kit! Saving up for my jetpack, so the thread may go quiet for a few months as I sort that out. Aiming to get the pack, BRL compliant vest and fix my backplate all in one go.

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2016, 07:34 AM by Echoylir Bralor » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:36 AM »
I like it!! Though I think I am partial to the standard look of Mando Protectors compared to all the very customized looks of other kits ha

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!