Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlet question

• 3 Replies
Gauntlet question
« on: Jul 10, 2016, 02:31 AM »
Gday vod, just a quick question regarding gauntlets and still sticking with in the brl's
Would it be ok to have a modified Fett style gauntlet, what I was thinking was instead of one big rocket on the left, would it be ok to have ..say 2 or 4 smaller rockets, slightly angled or pop up ,
Or like jodo Kast style gaunts with small rocket launchers or darts attached to the sides, would they be ok for brigade approval

Jodo Kast gauntlets

Also is it ok to have more than one set of gauntlets, as though your character has a back up set, different load out for different missions? Mismatched, matched set

Thank you for your time

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2016, 12:00 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
Re: Gauntlet question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Gday vod, was reading " boba Fett, twin engines of destruction" today and noticed there was heaps of drawings showing boba Fett having gauntlets as the same as those below, which I thought were jodo Kasts. These gauntlets are awesome
Would these  gauntlets be considered boba Fett style or variant.
Here's a pic showing boba wearing these gauntlets

There's plenty more pics showing Fett wearing this style

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2016, 02:52 AM »
Personally, I think these gauntlet designs would be perfectly acceptable as 1) they're in a ton of the comics and 2)Boba is wearing a number of different variants that look like the streamlined gaunts we all know and love.

As long as you stay close to familiar territory with the design you should be good. Obviously, you'd want to check with the Brigade Marshall to be sure, buts that's my .02

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2016, 03:16 AM »
I have a feeling that I should be right, brl's state gauntlets to be

Gauntlets: Gauntlets must be of Fett-style or streamlined weapons-platform design based on those depicted in the comic books and artwork. May be painted the primary, secondary, or tertiary colors and may be mismatched (each a different color).

I think that sums up an ok, I'll still seek an ok, then start planning how to make or modify, what to include on them like switches, buttons, colours, any hidden compartments, rockets, darts, launchers, flame unit.....leaning towards ESB, pre production style. Whether to try for Lcd screen ( does it add or take away from the kit) a hidden spot for fine tuning tools is appealing
Thanks for your input vod

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!