Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chipboard gauntlets

• 3 Replies
Chipboard gauntlets
« on: Jul 13, 2016, 06:31 PM »
So here is what I am trying, 2 mm chipboard. I figure it is strong enough for a helmet, why not try it on a gauntlet?

Used paper first so I have a shape to work with. Traced it then cut it out. I left about 2 inches to overlap and used glue. Yes I used gorilla glue. It works awesome even though it is messy. (But I am going to cut it off anyways.)

Then I did it one more time, only butting one end up to the first overlap, finishing over that overlap. With the glue in between the two layers, it is pretty strong. You will have about a 2 in wide strip that is three layers. That will be where I put the "stuff" on the gauntlets.

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2016, 06:53 PM by Elusive One » Logged
Re: Chipboard gauntlets
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2016, 02:39 PM »
Not sure why I can't add pics...

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2016, 10:09 AM »
Not sure why I can't add pics...

You'll need to host the pics on a photo hosting site like photobucket, or imgur.  Then use this GUIDE.  It should get you started.  :)

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2016, 12:29 AM »
Thanks. Rookie mistake.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!