Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build WIP - this will come together fast

• 31 Replies

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
First build WIP - this will come together fast
« on: Jul 19, 2016, 08:59 AM »
So, here goes nothing.  I am beginning my build and will update as I can.  Here's my start last night.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016, 07:20 PM by Druj Jes » Logged
Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

Druj Jes

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
Re: First build WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2016, 12:39 PM »
I found this on the web,  and I will be doing something similar for my kit.

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 11:14 AM by Druj Jes » Logged

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2016, 05:04 PM »
I found this on the web,  and I will be doing something similar for my kit.

FYI, double posting is frowned upon, use the modify button to add to your post.  On a different note, I like the colour concepts of your design.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Druj Jes

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2016, 09:49 PM »
Sorry for the double post, when they were two days apart I thought I was ok ???

Also, I got my chest plates cut out and started working on my blaster.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2016, 09:53 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Karl Dha'Werda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:06 PM »
Sorry for the double post, when they were two days apart I thought I was ok ???

No problem Vod, I'm guilty of the double post as well.  And you should be good, to quote Jaing Garr "It's not a double post if there is time between the posts. If it's been 3 days and you say bump or post again although you posted previously you're fine. Typically anything less than 24 hours between posts will be considered double posting. More than 24 and you're pretty much fine."  I didn't look at the spacing between your posts.

Also, I got my chest plates cut out and started working on my blaster.

Oh, that is a similar base blaster as what I used for my modified DL-44: https://mandalorianarmour.wordpress.com/2016/03/19/dl-44-blaster/

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Druj Jes

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:24 PM »
My blaster will be a  Merr Sonn power 5

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:34 PM »
My blaster will be a  Merr Sonn power 5

Sweet, you're off to a great start.  I'm always looking for other awesome builds.  :)

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Druj Jes

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2016, 11:24 PM »
I love the dl-44 but I wanted to make something that a true fan could spot. Also I wanted to avoid the "Solo's blaster" look.

I will try to get my carbine started this weekend.

I got a bit done on the Power 5

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016, 10:58 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Druj Jes

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2016, 07:32 PM »
I've been busy for the last few days.  The blaster is almost complete,  and the helmet is getting closer.

Sorry for the sideways pic

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:08 PM »
I've been busy for the last few days.  The blaster is almost complete,  and the helmet is getting closer.

Sorry for the sideways pic

Sweet vod, I love the weathering you put on your blaster.  Any ideas yet for the tip?

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Druj Jes

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:18 PM »
I have drawn it up and will machine it from aluminum at work.  Hopefully next week.  ;D

Here's the end of the weekend. Thoughts?

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 10:44 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Druj Jes

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Here's what I have currently,  I am trying to pull this together for a  troop in early September.  I know I'm crazy.

What do you all think? Most of the remainder of the costume is in route to me now. I've been averaging 4+ hours a day on the build.

Druj Jes

Re: First build WIP - this will come together fast
« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Finished the Merr Sonn Power 5.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #13 on: Jul 28, 2016, 10:38 PM »
Finished the Merr Sonn Power 5.

Now this is a good looking blaster, great job Vod.  I love the detail you put into it.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Druj Jes

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Thanks.  The flash hider is actually turned aluminum that I drew up, and a guy in my shop machined for me. I am more than willing to share the cad file or drawing with others.  It may not be a  perfect replica, but it is close enough for me.  I just wanted to carry something other than a  DL-44

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2016, 10:52 PM »
That's a great looking blaster... You're off to a running start with that!

Don't worry about it not being a "perfect replica" It's star wars, fringe characters all have personal touches and variations on heir blasters  ;)

Personally, I love when MMCC members make subtle alterations to their gear to personalize them. It's what I love about this club!

Druj Jes

« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2016, 11:02 PM »
I will be starting my holster tomorrow. I am looking forward to having the belt / holster rig done, and the bucket isn't far off either. 

Druj Jes

« Reply #17 on: Jul 29, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Well my flight suit arrived and is leaving again.  I need to exchange it for a different size. I  have a picture in the  one that showed up,  but it is not appropriate to post, I will leave it at that. Sorry gonna likely be another week before that is back to me.  So I will continue with holster creation, and maybe I will get a visor in my bucket.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #18 on: Jul 29, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Well my flight suit arrived and is leaving again.  I need to exchange it for a different size. I  have a picture in the  one that showed up,  but it is not appropriate to post, I will leave it at that. Sorry gonna likely be another week before that is back to me.  So I will continue with holster creation, and maybe I will get a visor in my bucket.

Thats a bummer... Never fun when long distance orders don't fit... At least you've got other projects to work on. I'm personally very excited to see how this belt/holster is going to turn out. That blaster deserves a nice home :D

Druj Jes

« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2016, 02:44 PM »
Thanks for your compliments on the blaster. I am going for a holster similar to the Luke Skywalker holster. I want it cleaner looking than Han's. I will be trying my hand at a real leather, stitched, with snap thumb break and all. I hope it goes well as I now have more in tools and materials than it would have cost to order a holster.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2016, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for your compliments on the blaster. I am going for a holster similar to the Luke Skywalker holster. I want it cleaner looking than Han's. I will be trying my hand at a real leather, stitched, with snap thumb break and all. I hope it goes well as I now have more in tools and materials than it would have cost to order a holster.

Tools are a pain, but many last for life, so If you enjoy it, they'll pay themselves off pretty quickly.

Have you seen C1ca's holster? He did an excellent job doing something similar to what I think you're describing.

*EDIT*
It was a commission, but still looks great

Here's a pic:

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2016, 04:16 PM by Gnar-Gnar » Logged

Druj Jes

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Very nice.  I love it

While not exactly what I had envisioned,  I am happy with my holster and belt. Thoughts?

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2016, 11:03 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Druj Jes

« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Finally got a visor in my bucket. 

Again sorry for the sideways pic.  I will get it right eventually.

Also am I allowed to add breathing ports in the lower corners of the cheeks?  I fog up the visor, then my glasses really quick. I know that I would need to obscure the possibility of seeing me through them. 

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2016, 11:29 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #23 on: Aug 02, 2016, 12:41 AM »
Finally got a visor in my bucket. 

Again sorry for the sideways pic.  I will get it right eventually.

Also am I allowed to add breathing ports in the lower corners of the cheeks?  I fog up the visor, then my glasses really quick. I know that I would need to obscure the possibility of seeing me through them.

First and foremost, Belt looks great!

As for the fogging, I run 2 5volt squirrel fans from a computer inside my helmet and point them at my visor. Keeps me cool, and keeps the visor from fogging  8)

EQdizzle sells some in the supply depot

Druj Jes

« Reply #24 on: Aug 02, 2016, 05:09 AM »
I wanted to use a fan, however my melon touches all sides in the helmet. Any other possibilities?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!