Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Camo Question

• 9 Replies

Sar Quul

• Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Camo Question
« on: Jul 20, 2016, 04:53 PM »
I know that modern camo is not allowed for armor or soft parts. My question is would the kryptek style camo acceptable? I'm only curious because I've thought of making little parts of one of my next armors that pattern.

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.
-----
Mando Name: Caden Vel'tink

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Camo Question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2016, 05:17 PM »
My gut says to steer well clear - if you want a camo look have a look at the rebel forest gear in Return of the Jedi or the patterns on the Kashyyk jungle clone troopers in Revenge of the Sith.  The aim with the CRLs is to make our kits look as 'in Universe' as possible and so far none of the movies or TV shows have featured any recognisably earthly/off the shelf camo patterns.
It'd be a pain to build the whole kit, get to pre-App and be recommended to change it when the CRLs are so clear in their intent.
Besides, with the right base fabric, some fabric or acrylic paints, I'm sure you could work up a more Swarzy and unique pattern that you'll be able to tailor to your kit to perfection.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Kryptek camo is an "off-the-shelf" camo style so it would not be allowed.

Sar Quul

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Okay thank you

-----
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I am curious about the "off the shelf" rule. Look up "ATACS FG" and tell me it's not incredibly similar to the Rebel-Endor camo from RTOJ.

Would that not be acceptable?

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2016, 06:25 PM »
I would look into dazzle camo, it's hardly off the shelf and is up for interpretation.  Almost any repeating geometric pattern can be argued as being dazzle camo. Ive already gotten this pattern approved

I would say kryptek might just work cause of mandalorian art favouring cubism

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Questions about camo fabric are kind of moot though since patterns aren't allowed for use on flightsuits and vests.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Was this for soft parts though or for armour paint?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Sar Quul

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Either one

-----

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2016, 04:16 PM »
In which case, questions about camo fabric are not exactly moot - providing you're replicating an acceptable non standard camo fabric pattern on your plates :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!