Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my mando

• 16 Replies
my mando
« on: Jul 20, 2016, 06:37 PM »
hello VODE i am bonesteller  and i'll be doing a mando  that  has the helmet of per visla and the dark saber to :D now i wish  this could submitted  to be a merc but i am to young :(  as i am 15 ( ugg   why am i to young for every   goup i'm on) .

and way i will be using a trash can to make this  into a realty  not  your  PVC sheet stuff ( forgot the name >:( )

the trash can will come  tomorrow  then i'll start   :)

have fun vode

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2016, 09:35 PM by bonesteller » Logged
this light saber was taken from your Jedi temple  during the fall of the old republic,many Jedi have fallen  to its blade prepare to join them -pre visla

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
Re: my mando
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2016, 09:16 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is that tote and trashcan plastic eventually will try to returm to its original shape. So keep an eye on your plates after you form them. Some say it happens quickly, others say it has never happened to them.

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2016, 12:27 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is that tote and trashcan plastic eventually will try to returm to its original shape. So keep an eye on your plates after you form them. Some say it happens quickly, others say it has never happened to them.

i was thinking about that  i was just going to heat it up  then try and flaten it

this light saber was taken from your Jedi temple  during the fall of the old republic,many Jedi have fallen  to its blade prepare to join them -pre visla
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2016, 03:22 PM »
UPDATE  mando log 7/21/2016

the can has arrived and  i have  printed out the templates anow to start cuting.

5:23 finished cutting   some of the peaces out  still need another can :/

all pis are under here http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/cutless3/library/mando?sort=3&page=1

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016, 08:24 PM by bonesteller » Logged

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Hello vod, welcome, I'm also 15 so if you need any links to cheap materials just pm me. If your trash can doesn't work i have some really cheap Pvc board on Amazon for $27 good luck, if you need anything just ask

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Hello vod, welcome, I'm also 15 so if you need any links to cheap materials just pm me. If your trash can doesn't work i have some really cheap Pvc board on Amazon for $27 good luck, if you need anything just ask

Thanks   I'll let you know if I need anything

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Welcome Vode,
Just so you know if you have parent permission you can apply to the Verd'ika corps which is our kids club for the mercs. The costume guidelines for their gear is less stringent than our main club so if you've got a troopable kit and your parent signs off on it you could well in fact become an official Verd'ika.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2016, 02:45 PM »
Welcome Vode,
Just so you know if you have parent permission you can apply to the Verd'ika corps which is our kids club for the mercs. The costume guidelines for their gear is less stringent than our main club so if you've got a troopable kit and your parent signs off on it you could well in fact become an official Verd'ika.

ok thanks

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2016, 12:19 PM »
update mando log 7/25/16

all thye peaces are cut out[img]http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/cutless3/media/mando/IMGP0721_zpsaiy6fnzy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r563/cutless3/mando/IMGP0721_zpsaiy6fnzy.jpg[IMG] and i lost 10 mouths  of my life doing it  :'(

i was thinking on  add in a robic arm it  what ya'll think?

next   just got to get some appoxy and  form it :D

then paint ant  strap on to  what ever

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016, 04:39 PM by bonesteller » Logged

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Posted in your thread in the BC boards, but I'll hop in here to follow along as well :)

First, here's a link you will find helpful. That'll show ya how to get your pictures to work.

Second, robot arms have been done before, but they're tough to get right. We'd need to see what you've got planned before we could tell ya whether it's passable for the Official CRLs or not, but of course joining the Verd'ika corps will mean pretty much whatever you do will be passable.

Last, I'll toss you a link to the afore mentioned CRLs. Give those a read through for the era you plan on building in (sounds like you're going for Modern) and start building to conform to that. By the time you're 18 you'll have a killer kit to apply with! 8)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Posted in your thread in the BC boards, but I'll hop in here to follow along as well :)

First, here's a link you will find helpful. That'll show ya how to get your pictures to work.

Second, robot arms have been done before, but they're tough to get right. We'd need to see what you've got planned before we could tell ya whether it's passable for the Official CRLs or not, but of course joining the Verd'ika corps will mean pretty much whatever you do will be passable.

Last, I'll toss you a link to the afore mentioned CRLs. Give those a read through for the era you plan on building in (sounds like you're going for Modern) and start building to conform to that. By the time you're 18 you'll have a killer kit to apply with! 8)

thanks i was thinking on having   retracable blade on my robot arm 

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Just remember no spring or motorized blades vod. Just push power

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."
« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2016, 10:33 PM »
 i was thinking   like a flick of a wrist ?

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2016, 10:54 PM »
flick a da wrist, sorry I had to  :P it all depends on what activates it, if it's a spring that's s no go. Normally people just make push blades where you pull it out and it back in.

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2016, 01:34 PM »
flick a da wrist, sorry I had to  :P it all depends on what activates it, if it's a spring that's s no go. Normally people just make push blades where you pull it out and it back in.

a flick of the wirst  flips it out thne something lockes it down

Taakur Beroya

« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Hidden blade esque correct? I've seen people rig that up with a rubber band, I don't know if that's aproveable so an app team member will have to chime in.

« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2016, 12:15 AM »
Hidden blade esque correct? I've seen people rig that up with a rubber band, I don't know if that's aproveable so an app team member will have to chime in.
when i get it done till video it .

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!