Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

O.D.B. "Old Dirty Bucket" W.I.P.

• 6 Replies

Faux

• ...huh?
O.D.B. "Old Dirty Bucket" W.I.P.
« on: Jul 23, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Jello!

Started my first armor piece with paper and poster board and didnt like it much so I moved on to some old buckets from my basement.

Figured to make a Bucket  out of a Old Dirty Bucket and eventually apply for the Wu-Tang Clan! "insert Groan here". I would love some Constructive criticism and or tips tricks and advice.

I have been working on it for a little bit now and do not know why I didn't make  W.I.P. so any way here  I go.

Some old junk buckets

Old hard hat

Trim up the hard hat.... I have no clue what I am doing but pfft I got 10 fingers 2 eye brows and power tools!

Wooo I cant see a thing and I totally nailed this selfie!

Jello!

So I tried to use epoxy to attach the inner surface to the hard hat. but I suspect I didn't mix it right or I have the wrong stuff. Honestly I have never used epoxy before so I am sure its all me. So I am gonna try to do something a little different. I drilled holes and used screw anchors to fill the hols then melted them down.

Plastic rivets? .... So I loaded this to face book some how fat fingered a sticker onto it and some how this is the only copy I have of this soooo have a laugh and enjoy

Inside the Bucket

Melted

Jello!

When I first tried to make a visor it kinda turned out bad and I wont bore you with the proof of it. But I went back using the print out and made something slightly non-standard. Ohh and I had to ditch one of the old buckets it was super brittle and cracked break down and buy a bucket.

templates

So the new bucket was a Dark blue lowes bucket and I will never do that again the dark color was a pain to see the sharpie lines on but with a flash light and some slight squinting I managed.... I think I did something odd as I have bits hanging below the inner surface piece. I think it is something I can adjust for or work around. If not it might end up being a good lesson

Attached and sanded using more of the screw anchors.

Put on a thicker back band and a vent.I didn't like the thin band that was in the print outs and also needed something to help hold the pieces together from having to make the inner surface pieces join in the back. the Vent was something  a slight different and should have stayed a bit more normal as this was a pain to cut out and under closer observation  a little inconsistent.

So this kinda catches up to where I am currently at... I think I have made a ton of errors and at this point I just wanna keep going so that I can make a few more here and see what I can learn form this poor thing.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 12:55 AM by Bowfanny » Logged
Faux

If at first you do not succeed, go back and read the instrctions.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: O.D.B. "Old Dirty Bucket" W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Faux,
Great progress so far but please note double posting is actually against Forum Rules, as seen here. (Section 3.3 -Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'. If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.)

I have merged your posts into one post. Please double check the forum rules and guidelines and you should be good to go.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

NiteWolf

• Rann Novon Cat#-2088
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2016, 02:43 AM »
I like the out of box thinking with the screw anchors. I may have to use that some time. Keep up the good work.

Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc - 2020
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor - 2021

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2016, 02:08 PM »
this is a method ive been thinking about using, i cant wait to see how yours comes out

USMC- Mandeplorable

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2016, 03:36 PM »
Great build so far. Looking forward to the finished buy'ce. Keep it up!

Oya vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Faux

• ...huh?
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:57 PM »
Jello...

So I managed to cut out and install Cheeks.... but now it wont fit on my large head I can make it go on but my nose is touching where the visor will go and the cheeks stop around my temples when I put it on I can fight it on but that s probably not the best plan ...  So good news is that my Wife has a interest in it so I can avoid scraping this bucket.

Inside work done with the plastic welder. I love that thing!Never used one before so I know my welds look rough but its a place to start learning.

I am going to go find a Witch Doctor to shrink my head...

Faux

If at first you do not succeed, go back and read the instrctions.

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2016, 02:48 PM »
nice glad you were able to salvage it, lucky wish my wife was into it. haha keep us posted with your restart also

USMC- Mandeplorable

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!