Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ka'lessi 1st build/WIP Female Bo-Katan inspired

• 5 Replies
Ka'lessi 1st build/WIP Female Bo-Katan inspired
« on: Jul 24, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Hi all! this is my first build. It is a Bo-Katan inspired set. I have modified it to 1.fit me and 2. fit my style. I have all of my paper templates cut out and did a test fit today. The pics aren't great because well it's hard to get scotch tape to stick to my suit :) I have not done a back piece yet. I may just do a normal plain piece for the back.  The pieces kept slipping but i think the spacing is pretty good. Let me know what you think. I do plan on using a loin cloth instead of a cod piece.

The inspiration

This is just a concept of my helmet. I am going with flat black and hot pink for my colors.

This is a closeup of my chest. I know the spacing is weird but it kept falling.

This is the full body shot. The ab plate fell weirdly but this is a general idea. My shin plates are way too small so I am going to make them bigger.

Just a side shot.

Let me know what you think.

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ka'lessi 1st build/WIP Female Bo-Katan inspired
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Not a bad start the plates may be a bit large but you can always trim them down some more once you have them cut. Too big is a lot easier to fix then too small.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Not a bad start the plates may be a bit large but you can always trim them down some more once you have them cut. Too big is a lot easier to fix then too small.

Thanks! I got some feedback from fellow clan members and I am going to trim my ab plate by about two inches on the bottom. It's a little long.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2016, 09:35 PM »
When I was starting out, I actually opted to make my girth belt first so I knew where exactly my ab plates needed to fall to.  Same for my back plate.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2016, 09:38 PM »
When I was starting out, I actually opted to make my girth belt first so I knew where exactly my ab plates needed to fall to.  Same for my back plate.

Good point. Makes sense. I think I got so focused on started the hard pieces first that I didn't think about all my soft pieces and placement. 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2016, 01:38 AM »
Yeah, from browsing the boards it seems that I'm the backwards one.  Seems most go the same route as you and start with chest plates.  Ah well.  The Clan will get you sorted out vod.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!