Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Jango Fett (First Armor /Costume Build ever)

• 10 Replies
WIP Jango Fett (First Armor /Costume Build ever)
« on: Jul 28, 2016, 06:50 AM »
Hi everyone.
So today I am starting my WIP on my Jango Fett Costume.

I decided to have costume which would be a Movie costume and valid for MMCC and 501st. Since my wife is applying there as an Imp. Officer.
On first thought I wanted to have a Boba but this turned out to be way to detailed for a first Armor. Leaves me with Jango.

I am a pretty big guy (1,98m /6'6", 160kg/350lbs) which will lead to a lot of customing but hell.
So on a little research my upcoming schedule will be a lot of ordering before the actual work begins:

Helmet: cruzer @ dentedhelmet
Armor parts: will be made out of metal with the helping hands of a local smith. Probably 1mm Steel.
Vest: Loanstar @ dentedhelmet but looking for more alternatives due to the cost. 328 USD are a lot. But its real leather so.... *updated*
Jumpsuit: Loanstar @ dentedhelmet! ordered and paid! Now waiting
Backpack: Backpack from MOW
Harness: Harness from MOW
Gauntlets: cruzer (cold cast probably) *updated*

So far not fully researched, due to inside out priorities.
Holster: cruzer @ dentedhelmet
Girthbelt: cruzer @ dentedhelmet / not available right now
ammobelt:  cruzer @ dentedhelmet

Various Metalparts for gauntlets and more: not fully researched
Blaster: Geekarmory @ etsy or maybe aluminium ones from bolayog @ dentedhelmet

Boots: No Idea so far, not researched either. I have pretty big feet.

For now I am doomed to wait for a couple of days/weeks till I can do more ordering. As soon stuff has arrived I will post pictures and probably questions.
If you have ideas or advice, feel free to comment.

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016, 03:42 AM by Instvogel » Logged

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
Re: WIP Jango Fett (First Armor /Costume Build ever)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2016, 03:11 AM »
Well it looks like you're off to a good start!

The dented helmet is a great resource for Boba and Jango. There are a few members here who sell westar-34s as well as other jango compatible parts such as leatherwork. If you haven't checked it out yet, check out the supply depot... Cannon characters can get pricey quick,  always good to shop around.

We've got a jango get started in my clan, he'll be making much of his kit himself with his 3d printer.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:00 AM »
Yeah, that pricey part I just came across!
500 Bucks for 2 Aluminum Blasters. So I'll have to a save bit of money. But i wanted to look awesome so a little extra mile is allright, i guess.

Where does your mate get his boots from? I haven't found a single pair of Boots which could fit my feet.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Yeah, that pricey part I just came across!
500 Bucks for 2 Aluminum Blasters. So I'll have to a save bit of money. But i wanted to look awesome so a little extra mile is allright, i guess.

Where does your mate get his boots from? I haven't found a single pair of Boots which could fit my feet.

I'll have to ask him about his boots.

I'm writing up a tutorial soon on how to "cheaply" chrome resin parts for around $20-$60 at home. if you don't want to spend $500 on aluminum blasters, chromed resin is a pretty good looking alternative option. I'll try and dig up some pics today to show you my results.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Unfortunately I have size 15 which makes already rare boots much harder to find!
That would be awesome! Thank you!

I can wait to get the helmet and work with the smith build the armor parts!

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:09 PM »
Unfortunately I have size 15 which makes already rare boots much harder to find!
That would be awesome! Thank you!

I can wait to get the helmet and work with the smith build the armor parts!

I can help you a bit on the boots. Also,be sure that you give the appearance of 3mm armor (rolled edge) to give the plates depth. Additionally, if you plan on using the arena jetpack, I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to use an accurate jango helmet with a jango dent.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:25 PM »
Aaaahhhhh!
Didn't really realise this! Thanks a lot!
When the helmet is available i'll check if denting it will actually be possible.
Otherwise I will probably get the regular jetpack!

Jaxor

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:26 PM »
I'm new to this whole thing too, so wishing you good luck!  You seem to have a great idea on where you're going.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2016, 07:43 PM »
Aaaahhhhh!
Didn't really realise this! Thanks a lot!
When the helmet is available i'll check if denting it will actually be possible.
Otherwise I will probably get the regular jetpack!

Cruzer should have both. If I remember correctly, he does.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2016, 06:46 AM »
Cruzer has a lot of great things!
If I had lot of spare money i'd be ordering much more.
So far I've ordered an undented version.
Maybe i'll ask if he can change the order. Or i get the other Jetpack.

I have check a few pics tonight and decide then.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2016, 08:02 AM »
I updated my Build a little. Nothing big happened so far.
Except some email back and forth with the manufacturers. I have to say all of them are very nice. They reply quite and even answer some dumb questions with patience.

Right now I am trying to save some costs on this build. With the all the quality items the cost are racking up big time.

Biggest thing I am looking at is the vest. I found loanstar who offers a quality piece made from real leather but its not really a low price item!
I have contacted Arkady and Ladysewforus if they still make vests. Now waiting for replies.

So thats my weekly update on my build!
As always any hints/tipps/tricks are always welcome

Happy Hunting

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!