Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Mando Build, WIP (lots of pics)

• 40 Replies

JeskAran

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
My Mando Build, WIP (lots of pics)
« on: Aug 09, 2016, 05:47 PM »
I've been getting feedback from my local vods in Kyrimorut Clan, but figured I'd better start posting here as well!

IF you want to walk through the entire process, here's a link to my Mando Photobucket:
http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/QenVarith/slideshow/Mando%20build

But in a nutshell... thus far, my bucket is finished:

Inside, I have the ActiveArmor Environmental Audio System installed, plus a wireless mic that will connect to my belt-mounted Aker amplifier.

The armor as it currently stands. Right now I only have the chest and shoulder plates completed:

I'll post some pics later in the week with me wearing what I have (my photographers- aka my kids- are out of town).

I'd really like to do the backplate in a couple of segments, to increase flexibility and mobility. From what I've seen, that's allowed...  ;)

Will post more later... but... thoughts so far?

Oh... and my Mando's name: Jesk Aran.  ;D

Re: My Mando Build, WIP (lots of pics)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Thats less a build and more a work of art!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2016, 08:40 PM »
I wish that I could put an emoji with hearts for eyes because that's incredible so far! I LOVE what you've got here!  :o

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Jaxor

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2016, 11:43 PM »
How'd you do those blaster scores?  They look amazing.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2016, 01:42 AM »
This is Fantastic!

Ne shab'rud'ni - "Don't mess with me"

Cavious kit WIP

Cabur Akaata #86
Oribru Akaata #18

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Moving to armour components.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

JeskAran

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments!  ;D

As far as how I did the blast marks: the armor is 6mm Sintra, so I heated it up in a spot and "dented" it with the butt-end of a screwdriver. Then I used a dremel to rough it up a bit. The painting process is easier to see in the Photobucket slide show I linked earlier, with scorch marks being a combination of drybrushing and airbrushing.

I also got the back plate successfully cut into two parts, and will hopefully be painting this weekend (if the weather allows it).

Jaxor

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments!  ;D

As far as how I did the blast marks: the armor is 6mm Sintra, so I heated it up in a spot and "dented" it with the butt-end of a screwdriver. Then I used a dremel to rough it up a bit. The painting process is easier to see in the Photobucket slide show I linked earlier, with scorch marks being a combination of drybrushing and airbrushing.

I also got the back plate successfully cut into two parts, and will hopefully be painting this weekend (if the weather allows it).

That's clever!  I might be tempted to give that a try.... whenever I start getting my kit together.

JeskAran

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2016, 04:59 PM »
The back plates are done:

« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2016, 01:41 AM »
I absolutely love your back plate design!

Ne shab'rud'ni - "Don't mess with me"

Cavious kit WIP

Cabur Akaata #86
Oribru Akaata #18
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Really loving this!

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Aug 21, 2016, 12:04 AM »
I absolutely love your back plate design!

I second this. Solid work!

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2016, 07:23 AM »
Great looking build so far

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2016, 09:46 PM »
That is a sexy back plate.  It just looks amazing.  And your color scheme is fantastic.  Very impressive.

Alex
Lasers make everything better - Except for Alderaan.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Sheesh, this looks fantastic!

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Fantastic work on the helmet vod.

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Nexu
MMCC# 1461
Mid West Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2016, 07:00 PM »
This is some fantastic execution! The 3D weathering is some of the best I've ever seen, I hope I can get somewhere close to this on my V3! This is a great build.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

JeskAran

« Reply #17 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:31 PM »
More progress!  ;D
Got the shins, boot covers, and knees done:

Gauntlets are shipping to me now, so that's next.  ;)

And now that I finally scored some leather, I can build straps to mount this stuff!

JeskAran

« Reply #18 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Also built a sidearm... I've dubbed it: the BlasTech DL-X8  :D
Only thing that's been changed since these pics were taken was that I've added a small "trigger", so that my finger can rest on something.

And then built an EMP grenade out of scrap junk I found lying around:

Also working on a vibroblade, jusrt for fun...  ;D

Draigas

• I am the storm.
« Reply #19 on: Sep 27, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Nice work vod.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #20 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Very good looking build thus far.  My only critique with the baster was that there seemed to be no way to fire it, but you mention adding a trigger so we're good there.   :laugh:

How are those lower plates looking when you put them on?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

JeskAran

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Very good looking build thus far.  My only critique with the baster was that there seemed to be no way to fire it, but you mention adding a trigger so we're good there.   :laugh:

How are those lower plates looking when you put them on?

Thanks  ;D  I recently haven't had the funds to attach straps to the lower plates... but I just got some leather, and the boots are coming in tomorrow... so I'll be creating straps and taking pics in the gear I have this weekend.

JeskAran

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:12 PM »
This is some fantastic execution! The 3D weathering is some of the best I've ever seen, I hope I can get somewhere close to this on my V3! This is a great build.

Thanks so much... I'm really encouraged by all the positive comments. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I tend to see problems that nobody else would ever see.  :rolleyes:

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #23 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Careful with the double posting, vod.  That's against the forum rules and an easy way to get on the tech team's radar. 

Just go back to your original post and hit modify to edit your original post.  :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #24 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:50 PM »
That's against the forum rules and an easy way to get on the tech team's radar. 

*looks up from his radar*

Careful with the double posting, vod.  That's against the forum rules and an easy way to get on the tech team's radar. 

^^That.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!