Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Best way to fix this goof?

• 4 Replies

NiteWolf

• Rann Novon Cat#-2088
Best way to fix this goof?
« on: Aug 10, 2016, 02:43 PM »
So I was a little over zealous cleaned up the inside of my helmet (a lot of air bubbles) and I have now put a hole all the way through.

What would be the best way to recover from this?

Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc - 2020
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor - 2021

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: Best way to fix this goof?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2016, 04:57 PM »
Fine wire mesh/fiberglass mesh, resin, and bondo.

EDIT: you could also bolt a small panel in place over it, make it look like repaired battle damage.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2016, 06:04 PM »
A 2-part epoxy putty like JB Weld steel stick would work too. Just knead it into a uniform color via directions and apply a couple clumps and finish/sand as needed.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2016, 09:37 PM »
Either of these would work. I would combime both of them of it were me. ;) Fill in the hole with Apoxie Sculpt, or something similar, then reinforce the inside with a little bit of fiberglass mesh and resin. The Apoxie Sculpt is pretty strong by itself, and sands down to a perfect finish just like bondo.

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2016, 12:35 AM »
Piece of painters tape over the outside and little rondo inside will fill the hole. Bondo over that and you're golden.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!