Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Second SWTOR blaster rifle design (for late crusade)

• 4 Replies
Second SWTOR blaster rifle design (for late crusade)
« on: Aug 11, 2016, 06:56 PM »
I just finished up a blaster rifle for 3d printing... SWTOR "Defiant Technographerís Blaster Rifle"

This one has a more high tech feel than the other blaster in my signature. I figured the large 'can' at the front will make a great place to mount a speaker as I can use it as a resonance chamber to improve the speakers bass response.

I tried to stay true to the game models detail while making some subtle changes that made more sense, like rounding out the cheek rest a tad and affixing the forward grip to the barrel...it was magically floating without connection points :)

I modeled the frack out of this one, knurling and all, should print out OK as long as I keep to a small nozzle and layer height for those areas.

I started printing the rest of my armor this week... going to take a while for sure, so I decided to work on this while the printer slaves away.

Den Barren

• Meg cuyir ogir at akaanir a te akaan Tio'r.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Second SWTOR blaster rifle design (for late crusade)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:47 PM »
I love it vod!

"Tion ke'gyce ner kad al'ijaat?"~What guides my sword if not honor?

Backstory
WIP Links
YouTube Mando Armor Tutorial Channel

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:23 AM »
I like it!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Niyic

• Vode An
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2016, 12:35 AM »
Very nice model and rendering.  8)

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1361 || OM Invasions: 23

C.H.E.G #05

Niyic's Build Thread **OM** || Scuba Aquamando Build #2 Thread **WIP** || Niyic's Facebook Fan Page
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2016, 10:00 PM »
I'd love to print that myself if you ever release the file. I've got a love for the SWTOR weapon designs.

QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!