Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Umi - Snow Mandalorian (*Last V1 troop, new pics pg 18!*)

• 271 Replies

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Having started this a while ago, (after going through "oh wow I'm bored with this" to "oh yay!"), I’ve finally put the finishing touches on her and went off hiking this afternoon for some photo opportunities.

-The name's Umi, she doesn't care for pleasantries, formality, or creature comforts, much less other humanoids and mandalorians alike. For many years she lived and worked on a small icy moon, where she was employed as a more or less permanent “guard” for a maximum-security prison. This prison, being controlled by the Black Sun, in the smoldering days of the Galactic Empire, was not necessarily a permanent career choice, but after she displaced the usefulness of the other employees on payroll, she couldn't refuse the combined paycheck nor the fun that the job provided. See, this prison lacks locked doors, and maintains no internal security, if prisoners want to attempt to escape into the frozen landscape.. they're more then free to do so.
Though, knowing that Umi will be stalking, pursuing and hunting… to bring them or a piece of them back to the Warden.
 Having a rough past, due to her Mandalorian family’s xenophobic upbringing, she is incredibly secretive of her heritage and her humanoid features. Although she is also unaware of the name or origin her own blue skinned, red eyed appearance until a traumatic experience much later in her life.
For the majority of her existence she maintains no relationships and little to no outside contact to the worlds beyond her snowy playground.

Anyways, never done the character profile thing here, sooo there you go..... photo time.

Where's Mando?

Alright that's it for now

*dances*

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2019, 10:12 PM by Hydra » Logged

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Umi - Snow Mandalorian (VERY photo intensive)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Wow, very nice, Hydra! I love it! Came out very nicely. I love how great it look, especially in the scenery! Excellent work. ;D

I'm tempted to try some photo enhancing on some of these for practice. Do you mind?

Chasbar Baar'atin

• Artillery/Heavy Weapons Spec
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Wow,
               Pretty beskar'gam, Pretty country.   Kandosii vod, very nice.  ;)

Anyone who said brute strength didn't solve problems, obviously wasn't using enough of it.  Ca'nara cetar'narir, mando'ade, Oya!

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Sweet Vod!  I love it!

Where's Mando?
It took me a SO long time to find you...  :D

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Very nice work! I love the "icicle" looking antenna on the helmet and the rifle's killer! The addition of the Commander Keller style head wrap is sweet too!

Kyram Do'ruun

• Violence is ugly but revenge is beautiful
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Great job!  :)

Yeah, it took me awhile to see her in that wooded shot too.  Probably woulda been dead by then.   :-[

RC 'Hoot' build - ARMOR CONSTRUCTION
Mando 'Kyram mkIII' build - ARMOR PLANNING & CONSTRUCTION

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I still can't find her in that picture...

been lookin' at it for 5 mins now...

It looks so organic... and natural.... can't ifnd it because it's not all just one white color. Also, the glowy-rod on the helmet looks sooooooooooooooooo cool in the dark.

love it :3

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2009, 10:45 PM by Frost K'Amon » Logged

Naas Atiniir

• A Mando of many colors. Or maybe just two.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:54 PM »
wow. That is amazing Hydra! very cool. I love the rifle, and the gauntlets are sweet too.

Awesome set of armor.

-Naas

Retired?

Chasbar Baar'atin

• Artillery/Heavy Weapons Spec
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:04 PM »
*laugh*
                 Are you actually in the Landscape shots?  Or is this one of those..."when you see it, you'll **** bricks!" things?  ;)

EDIT:   Alright... I totally found you... Incredible camo job that.  Id be one dead di'kut, thats for sure.

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2009, 01:12 AM by Chasbar Baar'atin » Logged

Anyone who said brute strength didn't solve problems, obviously wasn't using enough of it.  Ca'nara cetar'narir, mando'ade, Oya!

Captnrex

• Why is there 6 petals for 4 directions?!?!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:09 PM »
can I point where your at  ;D

Kav'an Hatfield

• Old Man from Naast
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Sweet Vod!  I love it!

It took me a SO long time to find you...  :D

-was shot before finding her-

X_X

Owner of Last Minute Gimmicks. Maker of Latex Masks.

Zazarus

• You can stuff a cat anywhere with enough jell-o.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:39 PM »
 :o :o WOW, that is awesome!  Yet again you amaze me with your designs and finished armor.

M-Psy

• The Mando Paparazzi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:40 PM »
Very awesome!

THERE!!! I CHANGED IT TO M-PSY!!!

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:46 PM »
c'mon how hard is it to miss her? not like she made it hard or anything.  ;D ;D ;D

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Still, I really like the way you've layered the paints, the pearl-color really makes it look as if there was some kind of adhesive layer beneith the paint, which was sticky enough to stay on when the other paint got scraped off. also, the patterns are rully cooooool lookin'

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2009, 10:51 PM by Frost K'Amon » Logged

Lady Z

« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:58 PM »
That is awesome. I hope my armor turns out at least half as cool as yours. BA  ;D ;D

« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Wow sweetie...great idea for a set of armour design! And the photos came out fantastic too! I know its silly to say, but you look so beaitiful!!!!

« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Wow I must say very good. That armor has the impression of the Imperial Snow trooper and the mandalorian stuff. Great job on the armor. "MOST IMPRESSIVE!"

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:31 AM »
very nice :o 8)

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:57 AM »
I'm floored by your kits. Lots of detail and thought went into them. I should have had you design mine. Great job again

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Excellent work!  Yeah, had trouble finding you as well.  Had to cheat and looked at the larger picture (where you could see you better) and made note of the trees in front of you, then found them on the other picture.

I would have been dead too.

Other than the headwrap looking a little too clean, I think the whole set is WICKED COOL!

« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:53 AM »
absolutely awsome , love the concept ;D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Wow Hydra, thats outstanding!!!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Riv Serulius

• Yub Yub
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Pretty bad shebs suit you got there.  A white Mando where the white actually serves a purpose!

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:26 PM »
wow very nice I love it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!