Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jalkaryr's neo shock trooper WIP

• 19 Replies
Jalkaryr's neo shock trooper WIP
« on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:22 PM »
So i know I've been really mysterious about all of this (hence why most of you probably don't know about me or my build) but I'm ready (not feeling lazy atm) to post my pics of my armor that i have atm, but first I'm going over who the shock troopers were and when they fought. The Neo-Crusader Shock Troopers were an elite squadron of mandalorians during the great mandalorian wars, you could compare them to the "Gross Deutchlanders" or maybe our U.S. Marine corps. they were in charge of all the dirty work, they were the soul of the mandalorian fighting force. And there wouldn't be any neo-crusador super commandos without them. The squadron was under orders of Cassus Fett and no one else, he was the only one they reported to, he supplied them with the best gear no matter what. but enough of this, you probably want the pictures too XD

(down below is a shock trooper that I am basing my kit off of)

(here is a start on my chest plate)

(here is the finish, or at least i think, on my chest plate)

(these are the front of the new shin guards along with my boots, they do look wonky but its whatever tbh)

(this is a comparison to the start of the new shin guards and a kinda finished old one)

(here are the thigh plates)

(side view of the thigh plate)

(and here are all of the pieces together)

So i already know people will ask how thick the metal is so ill just tell you now, the metal is steel cold roll sheet metal, it is 22gauge.
and yes i know i know what about the helmet, don't worry i have pics for that too, the helmet is still in the blueprint phase actually, but anyways pics of the helmet blueprints are below.

So this is my kit for now, ill try and get more pics sooner or later, and i can't wait for all of your feed back :)
(also idk why the pictures are only thumbnails... so if someone could tell me how i fix that... it would be amazing XD thank you)

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2016, 07:27 PM by Jalkaryr Jag » Logged
"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Jalkaryr's neo shock trooper WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2016, 02:22 PM »
Have you tried uploading your photos through photobucket?  Its hard to see whats going on with them thumbnail size

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2016, 02:36 PM »
Have you tried uploading your photos through photobucket?  Its hard to see whats going on with them thumbnail size
i actually use photo bucket for them, but idk why its making them a thumbnail size....

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2016, 08:22 AM »
so at the firestorm armor party that i went to a while back, i got a lot of ideas, including cutting off the obliques on my chest piece, and i am going to use leather to attach it to the backpiece, hence getting rid of the factor of having to use piano hinges to attach them together, and i will only have to attach them with snaps. this will also allow me more flexibility which will be as sweet as a besbinian best ice cream, and the fact that my armor will not be allowing the most of manueverability this factor is something that i cannot turn down, i also plan on getting more metal for the rest of my kit.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2016, 03:55 PM »
SO i have a HUGE surprise for all of you (who actually follow this thread :3) i have 3 new photos :) sadly i didnt get any of my backpiece just yet, even though i did get some work done on it. but its 3 pictures of work i got done on my chest piece :)

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2016, 11:17 AM by Jalkaryr Jag » Logged

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2017, 06:15 PM »
so i recently got some work done and here are some pictures
this is a thigh plate, i dyed the leather and used E6000 and a hot glue gun to attach the metal with the leather

this is the chest piece along with the shoulder straps

this is a closeup on the chest piece where i used JB-Weld to patch up dents

the inside of the chest piece

the bicep guard with the piece of leather i will attach to it sooner or later...

the shin guards along with the back pieces of the shin guards, I'm not sure yet how i will attach them...

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Looks like your off to a Great Start ... Kandosii ner'vod !  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Looks like your off to a Great Start ... Kandosii ner'vod !  ;)
lol thanks, I've been off to a great start for a year now XD

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2017, 06:55 PM »
lol thanks, I've been off to a great start for a year now XD

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2017, 12:06 PM »
i got a lot of work done...
Here is the chest piece
side view
back view
thigh pieces
me wearing a thigh piece
plans for new bicep guard and a half way done bicep guard
pretty close to being done bicep guard
back piece i hate
back pice i hate with chest piece i love
please let me know if these do to work, thank you :)

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2017, 07:52 AM »
It is really starting to come together nicely and don't worry I don't think anyone "likes" their backplate  :laugh:

« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2017, 11:50 AM »
thanks XD the back plate is not fun for sure XD (just noticed you were app team, getting that positive feed back from app team members is awesome and so relieving :P )

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 11:35 PM »
Very excited to see it, love it so far! :)

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 04:22 PM »
I'm actually going to an armor party next Saturday so ill be able to work on a bunch of my pieces on a metal grinder that they have there, so i can smooth out the edges on a lot of the pieces, and than i can spray them

« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2017, 12:28 PM »
so after getting a lot of work done at the armor party on the 3rd, i did a lot of hammering and spray painting at home. I also found some black acrylic paint in our craft room and weathered my newly painted pieces.
here is a picture with all of my pieces that i have at the moment on, it is only taped on for now because i haven't really gotten started on soft parts.

after this i have my right shin guard, the 3 blaster marks are from a burst fired blaster that hit my lag when it was turned at an awkward angle.

here is another angle of the right shin guard.

here is what the inside of the shin guards looks like

here is the left shin guard... i don't really know if i should do any signature "battle" scars to it or not... still deciding...

next on my list is the left thigh piece, it doesn't really have any signature marks either...

now my right thigh piece is a different story, i have claw marks on this one which i really like... haven't really decided on the back story jusssstttt yet, but it sure will be a fun one XD

these are my bicep guards, once i finish these i will start making more armor pieces such as my metal diaper (Giant cod piece), my gauntlets, my jet pack (it will be last of course) and my boot plates, stuff like that :) after i finish all of my plates i will start on the soft parts, such as straps, and the belt, and what not :P

after this we have my pride and joy, the chest piece :) (although i almost love my other pieces just as much, this is for sure my favorite piece)

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 12, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Looking good Vod!  Still impressed with your metal working skills, it isn't easy to form chest plates like that.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 88
mandalorianarmour.org
« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2017, 06:41 PM »
I have started the gauntlets >:D
here are the first pictures :)

what I'm thinking is to attach it with leather...

and so that way underneath its will be lined in certain areas with lather, that way i don't have to worry about attaching the leather elbow flap... :3 because I'm going to be wearing it and attaching the metal to the leather XD

also thanks Karl :)

« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2017, 10:26 AM »
I have gotten a bunch of work done on the gauntlets recently and i have pictures :)

so this is how i am connecting the 2 pieces together, and i will connect the leather to the metal by using snap button thingies :P

the pieces fit really nicely, and they are nice and snug, which is perfect, and yes the flight suit will make it a littttleee bit tighter, but i need that so that way the gauntlets don't move around as much :)

as you can tell the gauntlets are surprisingly flexible, and because the leather is the divider between my skin and the metal, the metal can't cut into me.(its sanded on the edges as well)

another picture of my arm at a weird angle :P

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2017, 10:03 AM »
here we go, more pictures :D

so as you can most likely tell, they are very flexible, and they feel pretty snug, not too tight though. and i plan on adding a metal piece to the flap on the back :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!