Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Wal Mart Blaster Pistol Conversion WIP

• 12 Replies
Wal Mart Blaster Pistol Conversion WIP
« on: Aug 25, 2016, 03:09 PM »
Hey guys, I scooped up on this toy blaster at Wal Mart a few weeks ago for I think $3.50 and messed with it a little last night.

I took all the screws out:

And opened it up:

And found out I can make my modifications without effecting the electronics.

Here's the before and after:
BeforeAfter

I basically just cut off the hand guard, the sights, and the "barrels". I cut them with my bandsaw and it worked like a charm;D I still have a lot to do, but I think its a pretty good start. I'll try and post a sketch of what modifications I want to do. So far I want to flush out the grip, maybe add some heat sinks and other greebs, possibly a scope and add a barrel. Let me know what you think;)

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2016, 03:46 PM by NoahFett » Logged

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Wal Mart Blaster Pistol Conversion
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Hey guys, I scooped up on this toy blaster at Wal Mart a few weeks ago for I think $3.50 and messed with it a little last night.

After

I basically just cut off the hand guard, the sights, and the "barrels". I cut them with my bandsaw and it worked like a charm;D I still have a lot to do, but I think its a pretty good start. I'll try and post a sketch of what modifications I want to do. Let me know what you think;)

This surprisingly turned out AWESOME!  Looks good vod, fill in those screw holes, prime, paint, weather, and you should be good.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2016, 03:55 PM »
This surprisingly turned out AWESOME!  Looks good vod, fill in those screw holes, prime, paint, weather, and you should be good.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks man!

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2016, 06:48 PM »
I did the same thing to one of those :P

My roommate carries 2 of those as his weapons. They are so cheap and easy to work with.

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Nexu
MMCC# 1461
Mid West Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2016, 07:45 AM »
I did the same thing to one of those :P

My roommate carries 2 of those as his weapons. They are so cheap and easy to work with.

Nice! I was thinking about scooping up a few more depending on how this one went. Any pics?

lunchsack86

• Rang Ori'dush Oyayc
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2016, 11:01 AM »
thinking of picking one up as a hold out blaster. this this looks awesome!

Rang Ori'dush Oyayc
# 2406
Hail to the King baby
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2016, 03:43 PM »
thinking of picking one up as a hold out blaster. this this looks awesome!

Thanks!

This is what i'd like to do to it:

Basically just add a scope and a barrel and flush out the grip.

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2016, 03:47 PM by NoahFett » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Wal Mart Blaster Pistol Conversion WIP
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2016, 05:02 PM »
I can See Some Good Things in this ... please Continue ...   ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2016, 09:54 AM »
I can See Some Good Things in this ... please Continue ...   ;D

lol I'll try not to let you down;) Here's a little bit of an update:

A dowel rod and a brass hose fitting of some sort I had laying around glued to the end of it for a barrel and a Dollar Tree flashlight underneath it.And  a few greeblies for the beginnings of a scope (both Dollar Tree flashlights).

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Looking like your on your Way ... A Good little tip before you get Too Far attaching Greeblies is To give it a Good
 Coat of Gray primer .. This way you'll see it other than a colored Toy and more of a Weapon ... There will also be less
chance of Runs when trying to paint all of the pieces while they are attached ..   ;D

You can get ahead of the process and primer new pieces as you add them.
You may also find that not Everything you start out with will go on the finished product.
  Too many Greeblies can make for Tough Holstering ....  ;)

Good luck with your Build , I shall be Watching ... 8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Roeun

• Ordained Minister
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2016, 01:52 PM »
I saw these at Walmart, I was going to grab the Gatling gun version to mess around with.  Can't wait to see these finished!

Roeun

Roeun Mal'Dorn (Donnie)
Shonare Vhekadla
Western Region Commander 2023-
South Central Regional Vice Commander 2020-2023
Alor'ad 2016-2018.
Ver'alor 2018-2019
SVC 60
Ordained Minister

So you're him, huh? The Avenger. The Killer of Killers. Nice outfit. I'm not sure about the face, though.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2016, 02:08 PM »
I saw these at Walmart, I was going to grab the Gatling gun version to mess around with.  Can't wait to see these finished!

Working with a recruit on the gatling gun version right now.  Should be interesting.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!