Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns jetpack

• 324 Replies
Re: Unknowns jetpack
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2016, 02:44 AM »
I didn't like how the left side looked, the damage didn't suit, to fit with helmet I think there's got to but a lot, I want a lot on it, but what I had was poor
Today I resprayed it silver, start again. I don't mind the right but if I get the left side looking good I'll respray and do something similar

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2016, 03:05 AM »
If only more people were taking the quality approach like you are the App teams job would be so much easier.

QMU#084
« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2016, 03:14 AM »
Not meaning to put anyone down, but a lot seem to rush there kits
Maybe it's excitement, I like to try achieve what I see in my head

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2016, 03:51 AM »
There are quite a few yes, but they eventually understand the quality is better than just putting on a set of plastic armor and giving people high fives. That part is cool but it's even cooler to say "I made this costume, it may have taken me a year to build it but I did it myself and it looks like it could have walked off a Star Wars Film!" That's something that makes me proud because I bother the App team constantly with updates and upgrades on my kits and have even put myself through preapp on my last rebuild.

QMU#084
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2016, 04:03 AM »

it looks like it could have walked off a Star Wars Film!"

That's what I'm after

Bowfanny

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2016, 01:17 PM »
I have faith in your abilities.

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2016, 02:57 PM by Bowfanny » Logged

QMU#084
« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Thanks vod, appreciate that

Bowfanny

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Printing the last couple pieces for my jetpack today. Hopefully I can smooth everything out nice so mine looks had as decent as what you've got going on. Mines fiberglass and very lightweight so I have to be a bit careful with my over doing the add ins.

QMU#084
« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2016, 08:43 PM »
The body of mine is fiberglass, I put a crack/ chip in it last night......was on purpose
I'll have to shape it more, I have some fiberglass resin at home to put in hole to seal it
No experience with fiberglass yet
Have to wait and see how it turns out
I've already started next attempt at paint weathering
Is yours going to be same size or smaller?
Stay tuned

Bowfanny

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I believe mine is at regular scale as the files I am printing are boba scale I believe.

QMU#084
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2016, 01:36 AM »
Here's abit of the left side, the start of some physical damage

The hole needs work, massaging to edges, I'll put  some resin into seal it then under coat etc

I believe mine is at regular scale as the files I am printing are boba scale I believe.

I thought it may have been slimmer or smaller when you said lightweight.....would that be printed parts compared to resin or fibreglass?

Bowfanny

« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:23 AM »
The main pack with the resin components shipped from California to oregon(standard post one state away) only cost the sender $16 I'd say I've had helmets ship more expensively than that. It's fiberglass and resin base but it's literally light. I can lift it with my pinky finger without strain.

QMU#084
« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:37 AM »
Geez that's cheap
Bit more damage done

« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Thanks mate, hopefully it'll work out ok, or the skill to make it work

I attacked it a bit more this arvo

At moment I've only attacked the left side so far, slapped on some fibreglass resin, I'll see what she's like tomorrow, clean up, and paint silver again, then re-access

Bowfanny

« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:06 AM »
She's not new but she'll look amazing!

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!