Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns jetpack

• 324 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Unknowns jetpack
« Reply #250 on: Jan 21, 2020, 07:18 PM »
little steps mate.  :like:

« Reply #251 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:26 PM »
little steps mate.  :like:
:laugh: :laugh: that explains my work flow

jett drexel

« Reply #252 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:33 PM »
you'll get the taste for it again.  :D

« Reply #253 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Hope so....have the interest, but not really motivated yet

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #254 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:46 PM »
The heavy infantry mando from mandalorian?
You're always busy....only thing I've done recently is strip and clean airbrush, thinking of respraying though...sane colour but better job
Yessir Heavy Mando from Chapter 3- but my own color scheme.
I’m busy so that I stay out of trouble. My wife says I get mean when I’m bored.
I don’t have anywhere near the talent you have with an airbrush. I’ve only painted one thing with my airbrush and it looks Okay...
you taking your time is worth the effort that you work into the quality of your gear!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

jett drexel

« Reply #255 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:54 PM »
"idle hands are the devils playthings" bow.  ;)

« Reply #256 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:46 PM »

Yessir Heavy Mando from Chapter 3- but my own color scheme.
I’m busy so that I stay out of trouble. My wife says I get mean when I’m bored.
I don’t have anywhere near the talent you have with an airbrush. I’ve only painted one thing with my airbrush and it looks Okay...
you taking your time is worth the effort that you work into the quality of your gear!
Thanks Bow, I put in time thinking about the look, how it'll work etc....daydream. With the airbrush part....I can strip it down and clean, use to a degree...use it as a tool. I use spray cans and airbrush to paint....but weathering I use a lot more 🤔
Sometimes I use spray cans to build layers, multiple coats....then airbrush for the top custom layer. Multiple layers build texture....lines for washes to cling to, wipe down to give impression of water or another liquid washing it away
I try to create details into the piece. Mines basically a boba fett kit....painted differently. Some slight differences....a lot taken from Kast, mythos fett, and pre pro. My main thing is the details
If you want help, yell out, I'll help you
Cool, I'm interested in seeing your next kit

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2020, 09:56 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #257 on: Jan 21, 2020, 11:13 PM »
Oya Vod! See the paint there is where I vary greatly. Lol I put down as much as I need of each. Then dirty the heck out of it. My current kit is been beat to heck the last four years. It started without damage and has sustained scrapes and dings. It looks awesome!

QMU#084
« Reply #258 on: Jan 21, 2020, 11:23 PM »
Do you mean in your approach to paint?
Most I've done in a year or so...finding and hooking up beacon light, it's connected to a radio transmitter....later on it'll be a gauntlet switch....maybe some trusted movement. Nothing impressive...maybe a simple movement, thrusters finding a home position.
Beacon to represent everything working....if not use a shin tool to panel beat it  :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry for the crappy image, needed it dark to highlight the beacon

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020, 04:31 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #259 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:01 AM »
Yes in my approach to paint! I’m not a wiring wizard either. Only just recently fixed a fan on one of my 3d printers.

QMU#084
« Reply #260 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Do you like your way of painting? I think most ways can work. I really hate the topical way. I'll paint and build layers as you'll paint a car (layering method)....then add washes.... a lot do it that way, I think I just add more layers.
I'm not a wiring wizard either....just finding a way...experimenting

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020, 07:13 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #261 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Do you like your way of painting? I think most ways can work. I really hate the topical way. I'll paint and build layers as you'll paint a car (layering method)....then add washes.... a lot do it that way, I think I just add more layers.
I'm not a wiring wizard either....just finding a way...experimenting
My way of painting needs more work lol I bought an airbrush because I need to be able to paint more often indoors due to not having an adequate outdoor structure to do painting or anything in until it’s summer and the weather clears up a bit!

QMU#084
« Reply #262 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:49 PM »
My way of painting needs more work lol I bought an airbrush because I need to be able to paint more often indoors due to not having an adequate outdoor structure to do painting or anything in until it’s summer and the weather clears up a bit!
Still be careful mate, make sure there's decent airflow....a good mask too, otherwise some potent headaches are coming your way....I've been there...look after your health 👍🏻
My way of painting isn't hard....big secret ....it's in the layers, you add in details....change/ modify masked areas...different shades of paint too...subtle

jett drexel

« Reply #263 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:39 PM »
^^ "THIS IS THE WAY" ^^

« Reply #264 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:07 PM »
Latest....roughly

jett drexel

« Reply #265 on: Feb 12, 2020, 10:44 PM »
YAAAAY!!! ....progress.  :like:

« Reply #266 on: Feb 13, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Not real progress, just most of the pieces together...a few things to do yet

« Reply #267 on: Mar 10, 2020, 01:48 AM »
Been along time since I've really painted anything...decided to see how the airbrush is working, resprayed the jet pack...just started to experiment with the weathering, applying some decals...mixing the ESB and Rotj/ pre pro up abit. Going to add a few more, need to paint the piano teeth.....a lot more weathering....improve what's there too.

« Reply #268 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:13 PM »

Bit more weathering done...more to be done yet especially the bottom of it , finished putting on decals. Next up will be thrusters and side cylinders being painted a metal colour

« Reply #269 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Sort of progress...checking out piano keys, currently placed in a strip of masking tape while painted...loosely placed
Thinking of painting them same colour as right gauntlet...need to still paint the bottom part of shell.

« Reply #270 on: Mar 31, 2020, 03:37 AM »
Trailing some colours ....lazily ...hence the over spray  :laugh:

« Reply #271 on: Oct 04, 2020, 06:33 AM »
Need to finish this off...here's where it's currently at...left making tape on. I think I'll repaint a few areas a more shiny silver colour.
More weathering is needed, piano keys added and work on the rocket

« Reply #272 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:32 AM »
Bit of an update

Just needs fine tuning now and slots cut into it....and clean up
Aahhh she fits 😃

Bowfanny

« Reply #273 on: Oct 22, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Nice! Little stuff adds up eventually Vod!

QMU#084
« Reply #274 on: Oct 22, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Nice! Little stuff adds up eventually Vod!
G'day Bow, how's things going mate?
Thanks mate

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!