Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns jetpack

• 324 Replies
Re: Unknowns jetpack
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2016, 01:36 AM »
Here's abit of the left side, the start of some physical damage

The hole needs work, massaging to edges, I'll put  some resin into seal it then under coat etc

I believe mine is at regular scale as the files I am printing are boba scale I believe.

I thought it may have been slimmer or smaller when you said lightweight.....would that be printed parts compared to resin or fibreglass?

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:23 AM »
The main pack with the resin components shipped from California to oregon(standard post one state away) only cost the sender $16 I'd say I've had helmets ship more expensively than that. It's fiberglass and resin base but it's literally light. I can lift it with my pinky finger without strain.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2016, 04:37 AM »
Geez that's cheap
Bit more damage done

« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Thanks mate, hopefully it'll work out ok, or the skill to make it work

I attacked it a bit more this arvo

At moment I've only attacked the left side so far, slapped on some fibreglass resin, I'll see what she's like tomorrow, clean up, and paint silver again, then re-access

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:06 AM »
She's not new but she'll look amazing!

QMU#084
« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:13 AM »
She's not new but she'll look amazing!

Hopefully I can get it to look good, I want a to 'hell and back' look
Something his fellow protectors would say.....bloody hell vod get new pack mate, my response would be.....she'll be right vod, she's just broken in

Bowfanny

« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Mighty fine goal there!

QMU#084
« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Tricky part would be making it all blend together,  I realise it doesn't all need to match across the whole kit. As pieces may have been added, cleaned, repaired......might need to make, find a mannequin to hang it all on

« Reply #33 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:01 AM »
Few more bits of damage
A little tribute to the 3 clawed monster as well......maybe

Bowfanny

« Reply #34 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:53 AM »
The other protectors are going to look at you and shake their heads in admiration that you're still able to stand!

QMU#084
« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2016, 05:30 AM »
Or think " that stupid bastard is hopeless and a magnet for blaster fire"

Bowfanny

« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Or that! Lol

QMU#084
« Reply #37 on: Oct 27, 2016, 04:52 AM »
Bit more
Cut out the hatch....rough cutting

Loosely attached beacon

Small additions to holes

May need to reinforce inside, I can see light through it

« Reply #38 on: Oct 27, 2016, 02:59 PM »
After work if I get time I'll tidy up around the edges of the hatch area, might tidy up the pack, give it another coat or two, see how things look. Line up stabiliser with beacon and drill, attach

« Reply #39 on: Oct 28, 2016, 05:23 AM »
Some more.....just an experimenting

Bowfanny

« Reply #40 on: Oct 28, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Again it's getting there!

QMU#084
« Reply #41 on: Oct 28, 2016, 05:25 PM »

I'll give it another coat, then add some detail paint, also have a few other ideas in mind......nothing's permanent yet

Bowfanny

« Reply #42 on: Oct 28, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Mando's are never finished.

QMU#084
« Reply #43 on: Oct 28, 2016, 10:54 PM »

I don't mind the orange, might keep and finish it off orange, and another one or two colours.....maybe a blue and.......no idea

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2016, 11:02 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #44 on: Oct 28, 2016, 11:38 PM »
I hear green is a good color lol that paint does do a bit more justice than the first batch of stuff.

QMU#084
« Reply #45 on: Oct 29, 2016, 12:12 AM »
I hear green is a good color lol that paint does do a bit more justice than the first batch of stuff.
True, I was surprised how well green and orange went together on my helmet, I thought blue like boba and be a little different from rest of armour

🤔
Still need to finish the bucket.....as you can see

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2016, 12:42 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #46 on: Oct 29, 2016, 01:40 AM »
Purple might be a nice touch as an alternative to blue.  I'm not partial to the color or anything!

QMU#084
« Reply #47 on: Oct 29, 2016, 02:02 AM »
Purple might be a nice touch as an alternative to blue.  I'm not partial to the color or anything!

Purple is a great colour, goes good with orange as well, fits with protectors adding in purple with their kits.....hhmmmm now what to paint what colour, purple and green.....joker style
I think the majority will be orange, might use purple on area where fetts rotj is red, the yellow part on fetts I might go green.....or fetts yellow. May add some mandoa script in purple and purple on thruster caps......no idea honestly
Have to see how it all looks.....better break out the printer and colouring pencils

The cape I'm using is from dha bral and is orange and brown, I've also been given some canvas that's greenish khaki in colour. May try two types of capes. Both capes would suit green and orange jetpack

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2016, 02:06 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #48 on: Oct 29, 2016, 02:31 AM »
Dha makes good stuff, I've got one of his Jinto helmets and it painted up mighty nicely.

QMU#084
« Reply #49 on: Oct 29, 2016, 04:25 AM »
What's a jinto helmet? I'd like a comMando helmet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!