Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns jetpack

• 324 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Unknowns jetpack
« Reply #225 on: Oct 24, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Where are you up to?
Haven’t restarted the thing yet. I’ll probably do a Pepakura base and 3d print the fiddley bits.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #226 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:01 PM »
Haven’t restarted the thing yet. I’ll probably do a Pepakura base and 3d print the fiddley bits.
Sounds good , I’ve still got to sort out my rocket, thinking of a grappling hook, jodo style

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #227 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Sounds good , I’ve still got to sort out my rocket, thinking of a grappling hook, jodo style
You know there’s a jodo rocket you can have 3d printed right?  Since one of our clubs most recognizable 3d printer people is down in Oz with you you might be able to hit her up for the jodo rocket.

QMU#084
« Reply #228 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:19 PM »
Just a small update. Finally got around to getting jp beacon light to flash
Haven't uploaded any video to YouTube, just two pics showing on and off. At this stage it only flashes but there's a few other flash rates to look at
I got the kit from diyrc.com, it's the mini flash kit

I'll take more pics in the dark tonight, and if I can get to sit right in beacon mounted to jp

Bowfanny

« Reply #229 on: Feb 27, 2018, 01:09 AM »
That’s beautiful Vod!

QMU#084
« Reply #230 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:08 AM »
I should have got it done for Xmas, let Santa know where to come

Bowfanny

« Reply #231 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Lol there’s always this next Christmas!

QMU#084
« Reply #232 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:36 AM »
That’s true, hopefully by then I’ll have more done.... I’ll be outside waiting for him, use it as bait then ambush him.🤔🤔 not a bad idea

Bowfanny

« Reply #233 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:49 AM »
That’s true, hopefully by then I’ll have more done.... I’ll be outside waiting for him, use it as bait then ambush him.🤔🤔 not a bad idea
Just remember to have it setup on a dummy so that you can stealth ambush him while he’s distracted.

QMU#084
« Reply #234 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:15 AM »
I think with Santa a slab of beer would do the trick
Beacon light in the dark.....if you couldn't tell

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 08:12 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #235 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:33 PM »
G'day all, spent early morning installing led in the beacon, I bought the flash kit from diyrc.com with a 5mm clear lens red led, I got a red cover for it to give the red light....may play around with a few other coloured led I have around. May not be as bright....I wouldn't mind an orange colour though. The flash kit and battery holder isn't secured in place yet, sourcing a few other greeblies to install, one may be a switch .....or may connect to gauntlet

Also got message from Delta13, my esb ammo belt is ready

« Reply #236 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Got bored today....this is a result, or one of them

Bowfanny

« Reply #237 on: Mar 03, 2018, 01:24 AM »
Boredom is a rare commodity for me these days! Looks great!

QMU#084
« Reply #238 on: Mar 03, 2018, 01:41 AM »
Thanks Bow, this'll be another slow job

« Reply #239 on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:11 PM »
No real progress made on this, just change of colour, few ideas and a purpose for it....but at moment just a pic, I'll add more when I get around to it
Was looking like this

Now going green, holes filled as well

Has a beacon light that I'll get going and try put on here

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #240 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Oooooh....... jet pack....my favourite.  ;)

« Reply #241 on: Jan 18, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Oooooh....... jet pack....my favourite.  ;)
G'day mate, revive this thread, sort of....I was trying to focus on gauntlets but got thinking of other stuff....I'm frigging useless. Also been looking at the details of jodo kasts awesome setup. ...may start looking at beltkit too....and shin tools.... :laugh: :laugh:

Bowfanny

« Reply #242 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:40 PM »
You are a quality builder Ner Vod! Life hits sometimes is all.

QMU#084
« Reply #243 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:49 PM »
G'day Bow, I don think know if builder is right....just piece things together, slap on some paint in between daydreaming  :laugh: :laugh:

Bowfanny

« Reply #244 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:00 AM »
G'day Bow, I don think know if builder is right....just piece things together, slap on some paint in between daydreaming  :laugh: :laugh:
Semantics Vod! That’s like saying the difference between a Cordwainer and a Cobbler is that big a difference! I mean there is a difference but you build your kit the way you do even if the bases start as someone else’s design, you make them yours!

Hope you’re doing alright down in Oz with all those fires down there!

QMU#084
« Reply #245 on: Jan 20, 2020, 03:42 PM »
Semantics Vod! That’s like saying the difference between a Cordwainer and a Cobbler is that big a difference! I mean there is a difference but you build your kit the way you do even if the bases start as someone else’s design, you make them yours!

Hope you’re doing alright down in Oz with all those fires down there!

That's true Bow

It's not bad where I am, few grassfires but not like the big bad bastards on the coast. Thanks for the  thought mate 👍🏻

Bowfanny

« Reply #246 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:51 PM »
That's true Bow

It's not bad where I am, few grassfires but not like the big bad bastards on the coast. Thanks for the  thought mate 👍🏻
Glad to hear it Vod! I’ll have a new jet pack project here in the next few months myself!

QMU#084
« Reply #247 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Glad to hear it Vod! I’ll have a new jet pack project here in the next few months myself!
Cool, is it going to be an Original design, or a canon design?

Bowfanny

« Reply #248 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:45 PM »
Both! I’ve got some 3d printing to do for the new Heavy Infantry Mando jetpack and armor, and I’m collecting stuff from work to make a new one just for fun

QMU#084
« Reply #249 on: Jan 21, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Both! I’ve got some 3d printing to do for the new Heavy Infantry Mando jetpack and armor, and I’m collecting stuff from work to make a new one just for fun
The heavy infantry mando from mandalorian?
You're always busy....only thing I've done recently is strip and clean airbrush, thinking of respraying though...sane colour but better job

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!