Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Desert Mandalorian WIP (back at it)

• 60 Replies

Byron_Grom

• Fortune favors the prepared
Re: Desert Mandalorian WIP (back at it)
« Reply #50 on: Jun 13, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Loving your attention to detail Vod! It definitely shows you had a idea in mind and stuck with it. Those Plates are just amazing! I personally think you need more weathering on the soft parts like your belt, sash, and any leather pieces you have from the waist down. But other than that its a very nice build and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks. If you like detail, you'll love this. I got started on my new rangefinder tonight.

And yep. The belt area is on deck to get a nice dose of spray paint, so those will match the rest here shortly.

Byron_Grom

« Reply #51 on: Jun 16, 2018, 12:46 AM »
Just a couple pictures of the painted rangefinder.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #52 on: Jun 18, 2018, 11:01 PM »
Well I’m ready to scrap my kit now! I’m in love with that bucket Vod!!!! Such a great piece! You should be very proud of that!!!
Just a couple pictures of the painted rangefinder.

« Reply #53 on: Jun 19, 2018, 03:02 PM »
yay for unorthodox rangefinders...but looks good Vod  :like: :porg2:

Byron_Grom

« Reply #54 on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Well I’m ready to scrap my kit now! I’m in love with that bucket Vod!!!! Such a great piece! You should be very proud of that!!!

Haha thanks. I've been at this project for a while now, and it's come a long way.

yay for unorthodox rangefinders...but looks good Vod  :like: :porg2:

Yeah, I always wanted something a little different, and I'm SO glad I upgraded to an aluminum stalk. No more worrying about snapping it off on something.

I got another layer of grime on the RF.

And I got my hand plate painted and attached.

Byron_Grom

« Reply #55 on: Aug 04, 2018, 10:36 AM »
So I've been puttering away here and there and I've started mounting up my back plates. Here are some preliminary pics.

I haven't got the snaps placed yet, so there's still plenty of adjustments that can be made. I'm thinking I'll need to close the gap between the plates a bit (I just ran out of travel on the velcro so I can't get the lower one any higher currently. I'm mostly interested in your opinions on the top plate. Does the positioning look good? Is it straight enough? Being a custom design, what are your thoughts on the design itself? Is it contoured well enough to me?

Honestly, looking at it now, I sort of wish I would have made the top plate longer and scrapped the lower plate altogether, but if I remember correctly, I didn't have a sheet of metal long enough. I'm guessing that the top plate alone wouldn't satisfy the 2/3 coverage necessary right?

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
« Reply #56 on: Aug 10, 2018, 11:44 AM »
That rangefinder is SICK!!!! Very well done Vod!!! Love how your kit is coming together!!!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #57 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:38 PM »
This is all looking really nice, vod.  Keep up the great work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #58 on: Aug 10, 2018, 04:53 PM »
^^ what Havelock said ^^

Nice addition to your right shoulder bell. just remember where you have scorching across both back plates that the vest space between the plates could be weathered for consistency  ;D

MMCC OM #1437 |MMCC Brigade #198| B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #59 on: Aug 10, 2018, 05:05 PM »
^^what Vor'en said^^   ;D  An excellent point. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Byron_Grom

« Reply #60 on: Aug 10, 2018, 06:10 PM »
That rangefinder is SICK!!!! Very well done Vod!!! Love how your kit is coming together!!!

This is all looking really nice, vod.  Keep up the great work.

^^ what Havelock said ^^

Nice addition to your right shoulder bell. just remember where you have scorching across both back plates that the vest space between the plates could be weathered for consistency  ;D

Thanks so much. And yep, my soft parts all need some more weathering. Definitely on the to-do list.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!