Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Toys for All Children's Hospital St. Petersburg and Orlando

• 8 Replies

Jaxor

Hello all!  So growing up, I spent a lot of time in the hospital, and the only visitors or contact I had was the staff of the hospital - the doctors, nurses, and other members of the hospital staff.  I felt miserable and alone, on top of everything else.

As we know, the new line of Star Wars toys for the new movie comes out September 30th, and will be available at local stores and (hopefully) online.  Those of you working in retail have probably already received shipments.  When these come out, they may be grabbed fast, mostly by collectors.  But we can grab them for a better purpose - donations!  So I'm starting up a toy drive for All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg and Orlando (I would do elsewhere, but I don't have their contact info, so if anyone wants to get on that, that would be fantastic).

One toy costs less than a coffee, you don't have to show up, you just have to mail the package in to the Child Life department.

For St. Petersburg, that is:
Child Life Department 6500001304
Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
501 6th Ave South
St Petersburg FL 33701

For Orlando, that is:
601 East Rollins Street, Orlando, FL 32803

Contacts for St. Petersburg are Heather Bailey, Phone 727-767-3958, email hbailey4@jhmi.edu

Contacts for Orlando are phone - 407-303-9456, email - Nusrat.Afroz@flhosp.org

If you any questions or ideas, contact them.  They'd also love volunteering, and I've pointed them toward our Request an Invasion page!

These kids often receive nothing.  A single toy to them is a cuddle friend, a comfort, imagination, play, everything.  If you can't give, that's ok, but if you can, even just one is monumental.  This is a really great chance to show off what the MMCC can do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you, thank you, thank you if you decide to donate.  I will be, as much as I can, so I hope others choose to follow suit.

Jaxor

Re: Toys for All Children's Hospital St. Petersburg and Orlando
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2016, 02:41 PM »
Just four more days until the toy release!  If you can give, please do so.  It'll really make those kids' day.

Kalib Vallogo

• Never get between a Mandalorian and a weapons pack
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2016, 01:51 AM »
Sent email out to Orlando contact for further info. Next time I go to wally world I'll grab a punch of star wars toys for them(and one for me of coarse) and schedule it to be shipped as soon as I here from Orlando. I also have a lot of action figure's that are doubles in my collection. Do they except open toys or only new in the box type?

Jaxor

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Only new in the box, because of infection risk and regulations.

Also,  thank you so, so much!  This really means a lot!

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016, 12:43 PM by Jaxor » Logged

Jaxor

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Okay, it's now a few days after the big toy launch.  Is anyone else interested in participating in this?

Jaxor

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2016, 11:35 AM »
31 toys gathered, by myself.  Pushes my kit budget back a bit, but it's worth it.  Anyone else doing their part?

Nadia

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2016, 12:09 PM »
I am planning on taking my 3 kids to the store soon to pick out toys for the kids there with the up coming holidays to help them learn to think about giving instead of receiving

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

Jaxor

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2016, 01:56 PM »
That's fantastic Nadia!  Thank you!

Jaxor

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Dropped off two large boxes of toys that I'd collected over the last few months.  Big Christmas for All Children's this year!

Thank you to everyone donating and doing your part, whether to these hospitals or your local ones.  This can be the loneliest time of the year for those of us going through the worst things you can think of.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!