Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Star Wars Galactic Night, celebration 8

• 6 Replies
Star Wars Galactic Night, celebration 8
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 02:40 PM »
I want to be clear, can I or anyone over 18 allowed to wear costumes?

I am confused with the rules. If I am reading it correctly they are saying you can't dress up, be in costume?

I am confused with the guidelines, when Star Wars galactic nights say you can wear costumes? That what the email said???

From the email, than when you go to the rules it is confusing.

Important Details
   Costume Guidelines
Before you arrive dressed up for the occasion, please read the official costume guidelines for children and adults.

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Star Wars Galactic Night, celebration 8
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 05:33 PM »
From what I can tell though a google search "galactic night" is something run through Disney. Separate from celebration, though it is held at the same time. As for you specifically, If your costume is affiliated with the Mercs, You'll have to wait for someone higher up on the food chain than I to give you a yay or nay.

From what I understand previously we have not been wearing costumes into Disney World

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Bes'uliik
MMCC# 1461
Mid South Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Yep, last I heard we're still not cleared for Star Wars day at the various Disney parks, so it'll probably be a no-go for Galactic Night, as well.  I'm sure our Command Staff will get us the word once they have it.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2017, 02:08 PM »
They need to make an announcement soon, I'm planning on going as my mandalorian or Mando/titanfall combo.

I could just wear my armor upper armor, imperial flightsuit and sabers.

In the email I got it said costumes, it really confusing with helmets and group thing.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2017, 02:29 PM »
The Club's Staff is pretty on the ball, so I'm sure that as soon as they have a clarification from LFL/Disney, they'll spread the word.  So go ahead and bring your costumes for Celebration itself, and I'm sure that we'll get some kind of clarification between now and April.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Kensnaps

• Dr. Kdogg
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Star Wars Galactic Night at Hollywood Studios, Disney World on 14 April (same night as the MMCC Bash):

You may wear your kit.

You may not have any weapons (guns, blasters or knives).

You may not have anything covering your face/head (I.E. mando or stormtrooper helmet)

You may wear a hat-type helmet that sits on your head without covering your face (I.E. army helmet)

Disney reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason, especially if they don't like something about your costume. Be aware, if they think it's inappropriate, you won't get in. Oh, and you'll have to buy a separate ticket to get in for that specific event at around $130+tax.

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 12:21 AM by Kensnaps » Logged
Ken Applegate, AKA KenSnaps or Ke Naastar
Batuu Clan, BVH
MMCC Archivist
Archivist help desk
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:02 AM »
Another thing with Star Wars Celebration have anyone ever did a cosplay contest?

I signed up for the cosplay costume contest.

I am going as a Mandalorian/Titanfallcrossover.

Like 75% of the costume, I altered, requested and edited. Will that still be allowed?

The helmet I am used is from the Titanfall 2 collectors edition but I made modifications and edited the helmet. I armor and parts I request but I edited and did a lot of changes.

I just bought a lot of velcros, I am in fear of the costume coming off. To make sure that doesn't happen, do you guys suggest anything?

Only issues I am having is the upper velcro and knee guards. I just redited with the heating gun.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!