Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Malcolm Reynolds inspired Mando

• 3 Replies
Malcolm Reynolds inspired Mando
« on: Sep 26, 2016, 10:59 AM »
You can find my concept thread Here.

I picked up my flight suit this weekend and I know I need to adjust the arm/legs. I don't have any on the seat of the pants to seal up, and I'm going to wait to see what my vest and armor covers before doing anything other than remove pull tabs.

I was planning on a neck seal regardless of the collar that I ended up with.
Are there any other major alterations/ adjustments that I need to look at making?

Ni cuy' at gotal'ur wero

Literally "I aim to make problem" because I couldn't find a Mando'a translation for "Misbehave"

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
Re: Malcolm Reynolds inspired Mando
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Shinny!

You already mentioned the big stuff. Arms/legs/pockets/zippers... Coveralls/overalls tend to be a bit baggy so they often need to be taken in throughout the flightsuit. You will also want to make sure the arms and legs are an appropriate length. If you are planning on tucking your pants into your boots you may want to consider adding a stirrup or some other method at the bottom to help keep them tucked and not overly bloused at the top.

Out of curiosity what brand of flightsuit did you go with?

"May have been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one."
- Mal

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Uhh...I'll have to look when I get home tonight. I stopped at a semi local army surplus and he didn't have anything on the rack that fit so he ordered it out of a catalog.

I was planning on tucking them in and I like the idea of something to hold the legs down. A most shiney suggestion.

Ni cuy' at gotal'ur wero

Literally "I aim to make problem" because I couldn't find a Mando'a translation for "Misbehave"
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2016, 09:29 PM »

Out of curiosity what brand of flightsuit did you go with?

It appears to be a Rothco if that means anything. I think THIS is their website.

Ni cuy' at gotal'ur wero

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!