Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Antoa's First Mando kit -armor build - Completed!

• 91 Replies

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
Re: Antoa's First Mando kit -armor build
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:42 AM »
That sounds surprisingly similar to my holiday weekend...  :laugh:

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:52 PM »
The remounted cape still looks excellent! It's all coming together quite well.

Curious about the rivets on your helmet - Are you adding lights?

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #62 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:38 PM »
The remounted cape still looks excellent! It's all coming together quite well.

Curious about the rivets on your helmet - Are you adding lights?

Thanks!

Yes, we will be adding lights and those are the housings for them.  Also lights in my range finder and my gauntlets. I am the 'tech' of our duo, so I get a lot of lights.

We got the color on my bucket. Just letting the clear coat set up and I will be hand painting it tomorrow or Thursday.

I did a tad bit of weathering on my armor.

And I think that is the first picture of one of my guns that I have posted.

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 01:20 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged
Clan Manda'galaar / OM # 1684 / Invasions: 88 (2/17/19)

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #63 on: Dec 28, 2016, 11:26 AM »
Coming together nicely!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #64 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12:31 AM »
The gauntlets are coming together. They just need a bit more sanding before they get paint and electronics. I actually remembered to snap some pictures!

Right:

Left:

They will also get padding so they will sit a bit higher on my arm than in the pictures.

We also worked on assembling my range finder and I started the hand painting on my helmet.

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 10:24 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Aria

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #65 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Looking very good!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #66 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Nice gauntlets! :)

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:52 PM »
We have been busy this weekend and my kit is done! We painted the gauntlets, assembled and painted the range finder, and I did the hand painting on my helmet. And then we wired everything up with lights!

Pre-app pictures coming soon, but in the mean time, here are some snaps of my helmet and gauntlets.

Back:

All lit up

And here are my gauntlets.

There will be something in that empty square in the one on the left, it just wasn't installed at the time of the picture.

I am so happy with how both came out.  And I learned how to do all the lights. I helped with some of the helmet lights and I did all of the gauntlet lights (I don't have a picture of them all lit up yet).

***edit*** Got a snap of the gauntlets lit up

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 10:32 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:38 PM »
Wow- I'm loving the hand painting on your bucket and I'm totally jealous of your electronics, it looks very fancy 😊

« Reply #69 on: Jan 02, 2017, 10:10 PM »
Are those legos on the gaunts?  If so, that's a really good idea. 

The paint scheme you have going on is fantastic.  Love the bucket

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #70 on: Jan 02, 2017, 10:35 PM »
Are those legos on the gaunts?  If so, that's a really good idea. 

The paint scheme you have going on is fantastic.  Love the bucket

Thanks!

Those are indeed legos. The credit goes to MysteriousStranger for that idea.

Wow- I'm loving the hand painting on your bucket and I'm totally jealous of your electronics, it looks very fancy 

Thanks!

I am the tech person in our duo, so I get lots of lights.

Here are my pre-ap pictures. This is the first time I have had everything on!

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017, 10:36 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Aria

« Reply #71 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:30 AM »
First off, it looks fantastic. The paint job on your bucket is amazing!!

The only thing that's really jumping out to me in the preapp pics if the wrinkles of your vest. You'll want to try to take it in so it's not so wrinkly on the sides. I'm sure you'll get other feed back from preapp, but you have a very nice kit. Good job! :D

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #72 on: Jan 03, 2017, 11:02 AM »
First off, it looks fantastic. The paint job on your bucket is amazing!!

The only thing that's really jumping out to me in the preapp pics if the wrinkles of your vest. You'll want to try to take it in so it's not so wrinkly on the sides. I'm sure you'll get other feed back from preapp, but you have a very nice kit. Good job! :D

Thanks! I love my bucket. She's so purdy.

Yep, the wrinkles were noticed.  The vest ties on the sides and I think my husband might have tightened it too tight which caused it to bunch up a bit. We will be taking our final app pictures this weekend at the armor party. I am going to try the vest on again tonight and see if I can get rid of the bunching.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #73 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:15 PM »
This is a pretty minor thing but when we take your pictures we'll sure it's fixed. Your left gauntlet is a little twisted to the front and doesn't look like it's sitting in the right spot on your wrist. Super easy thing to fix.

I agree with aria about the vest but again, we'll make sure it's straightened out when we take the pictures. I'll be at the armor party so I can help you with these things if you want? :)

Ruus bal'Neta

• "Family is more than blood. This is the way."
« Reply #74 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:37 PM »
All the credit for this kit goes to antoa. I helped her with the build and deciding some color questions, but this is all her. From concept to completion, this is her kit. When she'd ask me a question I'd give her my opinion but always with the qualification that "this is your kit, make it how you want it". And she did and it turned out awesome. I'm so proud of her.

This is a pretty minor thing but when we take your pictures we'll sure it's fixed. Your left gauntlet is a little twisted to the front and doesn't look like it's sitting in the right spot on your wrist. Super easy thing to fix.

I agree with aria about the vest but again, we'll make sure it's straightened out when we take the pictures. I'll be at the armor party so I can help you with these things if you want? :)

We'll definitely take the help with the app pictures, especially with antoa's. I know how a male kit is supposed to look and fit, not so much with the lady kit. Getting another woman's help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!