Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Antoa's fist Mando kit - softs - Completed!

• 42 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Antoa's fist Mando kit - softs WIP
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Just to clarify, which design? The one already painted or the addition of the loopy wingtips?

The second design

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2016, 06:43 AM »
Ooooh. Shiny! I love the second design.

On a more serious note just for the record - yes Celtic designs are fine, we just prefer to see them based on a Star Wars animal rather than a more Earth animal though. Also kinda cool when people ask what the dragon on your helmet is and you can launch into the story about painting it on to commemorate the successful hunt of a krayt dragon out in the wastes of Tattooine...

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Finished painting my cape today. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Here it is with the silver and the outline:

And here is the completed cape (minus some light weathering):

I also started my leather bits too. I was able to cut out the pouch piece and dye it. And I dyed my belt as well. I forgot to take pictures.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 03:47 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged
Clan Manda'galaar / OM # 1684 / Invasions: 88 (2/17/19)

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2016, 12:48 AM »
Absolutely beautiful work thus far. Love the design and colors. Can't wait to see this completed.

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #29 on: Nov 29, 2016, 01:22 AM »
That is reallllly pretty. I like how it turned out. :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Pick up a new heavy duty sewing machine this week. Gah. I wish I had had it from the beginning (and before when I was making my Irish Dance dresses). Goes through tons of layers like butter!

Broke it in by sewing the Velcro on my softs (and on MysteriousStranger's). I just have to position the plates and sew all of that Velcro and they will be done.

I also worked on my leather pouch. I am hand sewing it and have found that an awl is a dangerous thing for me to have.   :o luckily we have a drawer full of band-aids.

No new pictures this week, but I will probably try on all the softs soon.

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2016, 01:36 AM »
Pick up a new heavy duty sewing machine this week. Gah. I wish I had had it from the beginning (and before when I was making my Irish Dance dresses). Goes through tons of layers like butter!
....Aria is very jealous. ;) Can't wait to see what you do with it though!!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Finished my belt pouch!

Hand dyed and hand sewn.

I also got a good start on my holsters. Pieces are cut out and dyed. I just need to sew them and figure out my attaching mechanism and thigh straps.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 03:42 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Impressive, most impressive.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Aria

« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:27 AM »
Very nice! What are the odds I can get you to make me a pouch someday? That turned out fantastic. :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Thanks guys! I am having fun doing all the leatherwork.

Very nice! What are the odds I can get you to make me a pouch someday? That turned out fantastic. :)

Odds are decent.  ;)

We got a lot done this weekend. I finished one of my holsters (minus the holes for the hooks to attach to my belt). I just need to sew the other one and then the only thing I have left on my softs is to sew the Velcro on my vest for my plates.

Here is my finished holster:

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 03:42 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Aria

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:05 AM »
That looks great!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:08 PM »
That looks really nice :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:50 PM »
Ok, I just remembered that I had changed my boots from the original ones in my pictures. I assume the new ones are good, but I just want to make sure.

Also, here is a picture of all my leather bits, including the completed holsters (now with a way to attach them to my belt!) and with the guns.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 03:43 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Aria

« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Those look really nice!

Yes, those boots should be fine, as long as the zippers are on the insides (which it looks like they are). They look comfy too.

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Aria is right, those boots are fine. Good work on your leather crafting!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #41 on: Dec 30, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Wow, nice work on the leather pouch and holsters!

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2017, 10:48 PM »
In case you aren't following my armor build, here is the link to my completed kit!

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=121553.msg1672223#msg1672223

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!