Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bowfanny does a jetpack-temporary hold due to breakage.

• 64 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Okay Folks,
I've have my kit official going on two years come March 12th 2017 and have actually put my kit in for a second go at app after I lost a bunch of weight and had to rebuild. I purchased a jetpack body from an awesome Vode that goes by Malice Skirata. Now being the OCD Guy that i am I love the base pack but wanted to take the add on parts and really make them snazzy, Here comes the Rafal Fett-Works 3D files for the vent, the thrusters and thruster greeblies, and the "piece de resistance" the Z6 jetpack Rocket/grappling hook, as well as the tank toppers and bottoms.

Not a lot to really look at at the moment but for a really lightweight JP and the additional lightweight printed parts I should be able to troop for the entire day with this thing on my back. My next step is going to be getting the rest of the parts printed as well as getting the bondo out to cover the fiberglass base where it's showing through. Did I mention this is my budget build as well... because it's hopefully going to come in considerably under normal JP build budgets.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 11:55 PM by Bowfanny » Logged

QMU#084

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Bowfanny does a jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Woo hoo! 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2016, 11:22 PM »
*notify*   ;P

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2016, 02:51 AM »
First posted updated, here on out the photos will land where they do in the thread!

QMU#084
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2016, 09:46 AM »
looks like that baby already has authentic battle damage

Redness

• Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2016, 01:43 AM »
Oh yea :) consider yourself "watched", vod :)

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Bowfanny

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:10 AM »
There are updates, I've just not uploaded the photos yet. Majority of the parts are printed and glued together for the ones that get glued. Spot putty and some filler primer are gonna be the next steps on the printed parts. Once they're smooth I'll attach them and smooth the seams.

QMU#084
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:19 AM »
Good stuff, I'm eager to see your pics vod

Bowfanny

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2016, 02:10 AM »
Nothing too spectacular at this point.

Basically all the big stuff was printed in two pieces and then super glued together. The prints are at a layer height of .2mm so they're fairly visible. My printer can print clear down to .01mm thin on layers but I'm impatient and would rather bondo the layers away than wait for days for the parts to come off the printer.

QMU#084
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:00 AM »
Impressive......most impressive
Cool colours, the red reminds me of a Beast Man figure

Bowfanny

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:49 AM »
Lol the ref is actually translucent so if I were to put a light in it it would glow like a sith saber lol. The colors are merely the filament I buy because white is so boring.

QMU#084
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Lol the ref is actually translucent so if I were to put a light in it it would glow like a sith saber lol. The colors are merely the filament I buy because white is so boring.
That sounds cool

Bowfanny

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:51 AM »

Fairly cool yeah!

QMU#084
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Any plans for using that for anything else

Bowfanny

« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2016, 01:36 PM »
Any plans for using that for anything else
Did you have something in mind?

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!