Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bowfanny does a jetpack-temporary hold due to breakage.

• 64 Replies
Re: Bowfanny does a jetpack
« Reply #25 on: Oct 27, 2016, 02:13 AM »
If this works we might be upping our game as far as props that are interactive.
Maybe an electronic guru could design a circuit so it starts out dull then brightens, or pulses
Give it a go, set a new standard vod

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 27, 2016, 03:50 AM »
Maybe an electronic guru could design a circuit so it starts out dull then brightens, or pulses
Give it a go, set a new standard vod
I've got a guy that could do it easy.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #27 on: Oct 27, 2016, 04:23 AM »
It'll look good I think

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 27, 2016, 01:14 PM »
I think so as well Vod! I haven't Id any progress on my pack this week as ive been 3D printing a different universe Rocket Pack for a local guys Rocketeer costume.

QMU#084
« Reply #29 on: Oct 27, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Sounds good, don't think I've seen that movie

« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2016, 10:13 AM »
I love that this has gone from "Bowfanny does a jetpack" to "Bowfanny makes a Han in carbonite FULL SIZE"  If you are able to pull that off I will be seriously impressed!  And jealous  :P

WIP mando suit

Helmet:......100%
Plating:......80%
soft parts:...70%
Weapons.....90%
Ideas........OVER 9000!!!!!

Bowfanny

« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2016, 01:15 PM »
Not just any Han In Carbonite either, a glowing one!

QMU#084
« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2016, 04:58 PM »
True...  I will be sooooo impressed when you pull this off.  It's not an 'if' with you, Bowfanny  ;D

WIP mando suit

Weapons.....90%

Bowfanny

« Reply #33 on: Nov 02, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Generally the Ifs turn into when I get around to it. Gotta stay busy but not too busy that I don't get to have fun.

QMU#084
« Reply #34 on: Nov 02, 2016, 06:01 PM »
yup, I am currently attempting to convert a hasbro clone trooper helmet into a more realistic and screen accurate helmet.  Then after that I want to make an Xwing pilot helmet  ;D  So I am definitely staying busy

WIP mando suit

Weapons.....90%

Bowfanny

« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Good luck on the conversion vod!

QMU#084
« Reply #36 on: Nov 02, 2016, 07:28 PM »
An xwing helmet would be cool, I got a Luke skywalker xwing pilot for Xmas one year......one of best presents ever, may try a swing pilot build soon

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 09:54 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #37 on: Nov 03, 2016, 09:49 AM »
yup, sadly it probably won't be a 501st approvable helmet since I am using EVA foam and a baseball helmet.  I really like the jetpack build so far!  I want to remake mine to look somewhat like the Proto-Fett pack.

WIP mando suit

Weapons.....90%

Bowfanny

« Reply #38 on: Nov 03, 2016, 12:45 PM »
I still need to finish the small details for the Awing helmet and resin it to send out.

QMU#084
« Reply #39 on: Nov 03, 2016, 12:55 PM »
yup, sadly it probably won't be a 501st approvable helmet since I am using EVA foam and a baseball helmet.  I really like the jetpack build so far!  I want to remake mine to look somewhat like the Proto-Fett pack.

What's the proto fett pack look like

« Reply #40 on: Nov 09, 2016, 12:40 PM »
This thread has an amazing Proto-Fett style build. This is kind of what I want to make for mine: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=33278.0

WIP mando suit

Weapons.....90%

Bowfanny

« Reply #41 on: Nov 09, 2016, 04:20 PM »
You guys are funny.

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #42 on: Nov 25, 2016, 01:58 AM »

Feast yar eyes on some well needed updates! I had to reprint some stuff as the scale of my pack compared to the scale of the printed parts that were made for a full scale pack didn't fit. So they're being sent to a new home while I get down to business with the new parts and after 7 hours of printing I had 3 minutes of gluing and now I am again waiting for printing to finish on the next piece.

QMU#084
« Reply #43 on: Nov 25, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Top notch vod, rocket is looking sharp

Bowfanny

« Reply #44 on: Nov 25, 2016, 03:27 PM »
Top notch vod, rocket is looking sharp
Thanks Vod,
The blue caps were supposed to take 8-1/2 hours to print but they came off in 5-1/2 hours instead for some reason they printed quicker. I'm printing a stabilizer and the beacon for redness too at the same time I'm working on other stuff because those files are tiny and print pretty quick.

QMU#084
« Reply #45 on: Nov 25, 2016, 03:43 PM »
Thanks Vod,
The blue caps were supposed to take 8-1/2 hours to print but they came off in 5-1/2 hours instead for some reason they printed quicker. I'm printing a stabilizer and the beacon for redness too at the same time I'm working on other stuff because those files are tiny and print pretty quick.
I'm working on some other stuff as well, still working on ideas on jetpack......working on some weapons

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2016, 02:00 AM »
That's looking great.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #47 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:28 AM »
*Heavy breathing*

Looking very nice so far!

Will you be adding lights and sounds to this eventually?

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Bowfanny

« Reply #48 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:22 PM »
*Heavy breathing*

Looking very nice so far!

Will you be adding lights and sounds to this eventually?
No lighting but I've got a Bluetooth wireless speaker system ready to be installed once I get the pack reinforced. We're talking rechargeable battery pack with two 6" speakers all powered by arduino and created by one of my awesome Ruus'Alors.

QMU#084

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
« Reply #49 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:41 PM »
No lighting but I've got a Bluetooth wireless speaker system ready to be installed once I get the pack reinforced. We're talking rechargeable battery pack with two 6" speakers all powered by arduino and created by one of my awesome Ruus'Alors.

Now that is going to be impressive!!
Hyped for this Vod  8)

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!