Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Char "Ghoul" Vizsla Wip - *Picture Heavy*

• 6 Replies

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
Char "Ghoul" Vizsla Wip - *Picture Heavy*
« on: Oct 15, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Hi everyone. I realized I never really made a WIP on the forums so I wanted to show my progress so far. For my build I'm going for a sort of urban wastelandish look. I have various writing on my armor plates, gauntlets, and helmet. I apologize in advance for some the photos having black outlines, I don't know how to fix them and have tried everything.

This photo was from Halloween. The rest of the photos are up to date with upgrades and improvements.
http:// Writing on the back plate reads "Red Comet." I know these aren't the best photos but these are what I had time to take.
These are of a cloak/poncho I made to go with my kit and to add a more wastelandish/western look.
How my gauntlets look now that they are finished. Left gauntlet reads "The last thing they never saw." While the right was originally going to say "Forgive me never," the paint smudged and no reads "Forgive me mama."
My belt system and layout. I have a modified voice amp and receiver in my left hip pouch. next to it is a small commlink/box that holds a sound board with buttons along the top that plays audio from an Activation sound effect, some R2-D2 sounds and audio form the Republic Commando game. :D Holster with lights on. Writing is "Thus kindly I scatter."
Lower body armor.
Prop weapons. All melee weapons are scratch built out of sintra.
Helmet shots Right side reads "Ghoul." Left side is a mandalorian battle chant "Life. Death. Revelation. Eternity. Let's Live! Let's Hunt!" The rangefinder also has righting on both sides with the outer reading "Clan Vizsla Lives!" and the the inner reading "Enjoy your stay."

Next is upgrade adding some Leds to my helmet. :D

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2016, 02:32 PM by CharExiaCosplay » Logged
American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

Draigas

• I am the storm.
Re: Red "Ghoul" Vizsla Wip - *Picture Heavy*
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2016, 03:00 PM »
Hey vod, unfortunately your tags are broken.

The trailing tag should be [/img]

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Thanks vod! Photos are fixed.

American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Helmet LEDs are finished. I'm calling them "Ghoul eyes" due to how they appear to fade in and out, giving them a sort of blinking look.

Link is here for the video of them and it shows how bright they are:  https://youtu.be/GiAzMB8jhso

While they are bright I have them positioned so that they wouldn't impair my vision much or at all. Hope you guys like them! :D

American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
Re: Char "Ghoul" Vizsla Wip - *Picture Heavy*
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2016, 04:55 PM »
Update. One of my LED Eyes shorted out so I was forced to rearrange them. Inspiration for this rearrange came from the zeon module suits in the franchise "Mobile Suit Gundam" I even added sound effect to play once in a while when I turn the eye on. Here's a short video on how it looks now.

https://youtu.be/dHksZVo5KXc

American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Is there any way to downsize the images vod?

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

CharExiaCosplay

• Char Vizsla
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Is there any way to downsize the images vod?

Sorry about that, I was finally about to fix the size issue. They are fixed now. :D

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2016, 02:24 PM by CharExiaCosplay » Logged
American by birth
Mandalorian by choice

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!