Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest question.........

• 6 Replies

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
Vest question.........
« on: Oct 21, 2016, 11:50 AM »
Would this work as a vest
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T628U96?psc=1&th=1#mobile-twister_color_name_1477063115951
With out everything else that you see

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Vest question.........
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:12 PM »
You can use a MOLLE vest as is, but only if it's completely covered by the plates (LEGACY).  If you removed all of the MOLLE strapping though, it should be fine, since at that point, it's just a heavy vest.  :)

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:29 PM »
You can use a MOLLE vest as is, but only if it's completely covered by the plates (LEGACY).  If you removed all of the MOLLE strapping though, it should be fine, since at that point, it's just a heavy vest.  :)
So where all the white is at right

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:57 PM »
So where all the white is at right

Yes.  If you're using it for modern plates, even the MOLLE strapping would need to be removed.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2016, 10:45 PM »
I just got this vest I took all the MOLLE off. Not bad if you do it carefully with a sharp X-Acto. On the back, I planned on doing a cape until I can get materials to make a backplate. Do I still have to strip off the MOLLE?

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Depends on the cape.  If it covers the entire back and both shoulders, it likely won't show the back of the vest.  But, better safe than sorry.  If you're going to end up removing it when you mount a back plate, might as well do it now.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2016, 12:26 PM »
Depends on the cape.  If it covers the entire back and both shoulders, it likely won't show the back of the vest.  But, better safe than sorry.  If you're going to end up removing it when you mount a back plate, might as well do it now.

Yep, this would be my advice too.  Capes shift depending on the wind...so better safe than sorry, especially if you have plans for a back plate down the road.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!