Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rebels Jet Pack

• 14 Replies

Quotar

• We can do this the easy way, or the easier way.
Rebels Jet Pack
« on: Nov 11, 2016, 03:00 PM »
I got this jetpack approved for modern armor and figured I'd share the fruits of my research with everyone. Currently in the middle of breaking down the design and hope to have a general understanding on how to build this next month.

Werde

Re: Rebels Jet Pack
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Keeping an eye on this thread. Definitely want to build/buy one of these for my kit

PhantomEcho

• Never wound what you can't kill.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2016, 10:34 PM »
Awesome!! I know it is very similar to the Commander Cody Jetpack from Episode III. I'm waiting on approval for clone trooper forum to get specs for the Cody jetpack.

Rebel Legion Membership Officer

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2016, 11:51 PM »
I'm looking forward to your build. I'm planning on making the entire new supercommando kit in the next few months so those reference pictures are great, thanks.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Quotar

• We can do this the easy way, or the easier way.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2016, 01:40 AM »
No problem, the search pictures weren't great so I had to rewatch the episode and pull what I could. Unlike those of Mandalore we're here to help each other where we can. I will post info as I have it available.

Roe Montar

• Wait, I'M the adult in this group?! We're doomed.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2016, 02:52 AM »
Yess! I watched that episode and immediately fell in love with that Jet pack design. Super interested in this one!

Armor WIP |Cerar Clan Ruus'alor 2022 | Cerar Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2023-2024
OM #2730|Cabur Akaata #240|Traffic Cone #46|M.V.S. #122
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2016, 06:11 AM »
More reference images for you:

Awesome!! I know it is very similar to the Commander Cody Jetpack from Episode III. I'm waiting on approval for clone trooper forum to get specs for the Cody jetpack.
The thing with the Cody jetpack is that there really aren't exact specs since the kit was entirely digital.  That said, the CRL's for Cody give the jetpack dimensions as: "Jetpack measurements are approximately 15 ¾” Long and 8 ½” wide. "
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CC_commander_cody-phase2

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2016, 06:16 AM by Kar'ta Tionas » Logged

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2016, 06:16 AM »
Can't wait to see this!

IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums

Helix

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2016, 01:15 AM »
I have started some vector template for my build, and rendered some part to print.Not exactly as seen in rebels since we don't know if it will be only canon  :laugh:.Sized upon Cody jetpack.

I was thinking of a cardboard build filled with expanding foam and finally bondo over all of this for the body.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017, 09:56 PM by Helix » Logged
My sales thread : Helix's lair

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2016, 09:31 AM »
This is looking great so far!  Can't wait to see it complete.

For the record, the jetpack from rebels is officially approved for custom builds, so you technically *could* make it exactly like the one from the show.  :)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2017, 03:20 PM »
Oooooooo.....watching with interest. 8)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

felipe5083

• Oya!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2017, 01:23 PM »
This will be interesting

"You don't have my respect aruetii, keep in mind that you only have my tolerance. For a mandalorian, respect is earned, and not given, and I strongly suggest you to stay on my good side"
Dan Ari'Ednab

Barn

« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2017, 02:46 AM »
Watching this with interest, looking to make a couple for my kids kits.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for sharing those images!

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2017, 01:58 PM »
Ooh nice! Keeping an eye on this for reasons.  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!