Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clone wars inspired flame thrower jump pack

• 10 Replies

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Clone wars inspired flame thrower jump pack
« on: Aug 28, 2015, 11:28 PM »
I had wanted to make something like this:

I have this toner cart as a starting point:

does anyone any suggestions? I was thinking about using showerheads as the small rockets...

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 08:56 PM by reguillet » Logged

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: deathwatch jump pack for force hunter
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2015, 11:49 PM »
I've seen people use plastic wine glasses for the thrusters, go check out 3mandos wip in the jet pack section he's well into a scratch build might give you some ideas bud.

Beskaryc Cerar

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:01 PM »
The jet pack I have had shower heads as cones. Looks pretty good in my opinion and you can swivel them in different directions

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2015, 01:46 PM »
That looks like a good start Vod!  You could probably do the rest with some creative use of pvc pipe & fittings.  The shower head is a good idea too! 

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2015, 07:51 PM »
I thought about some plastic funnels. Harbor Freight has some or a dollar store. Just a thought.

Cin Cabur

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2015, 06:34 AM »
That toner cartridge looks like an awesome base for a pack.

Here's my advice on finding parts & greeblies (or at least here's how I do it)

First step:  Never throw anything away.  That being said don't turn into a hoarder but before you throw anything away, no matter how mundane look at it with fresh eyes.  Ignore what it is and look at the basic shapes and oddities of it.  If it's something common then think of what it would look like with part cut off.  I have 3 or 4 totes full of random crap that nearly makes it to the garbage can but then I kind of turn it over a few times and look at it's greeblie potential then either trash it or toss it in the totes.

Second step is the same as the first but in a store (generally a dollar store, don't want to pay much for greeblies).  Again the key here is don't go in with pre-conceptions just look at the items, any items, and try and see their potential uses (beyond what they were designed for).  Certainly if you have a plan go looking for what you're after but maybe another day go in with a clear head and no plan and see what you can find.

Final step (also ties into the first):  If something breaks at home or work and it's going in the trash...take a few minutes to disassemble it.  The insides of things are treasure troves of parts.  I work for a car dealership in the parts dept so I usually have a box at work where I take apart components that are getting trashed and I keep anything neat looking.

Not sure if this will help you, and I know it sounds like I'm a hoarder but my greeblie bins are free to peruse for any of my local costumers so it doesn't get too bad (not sure the wife would agree though)

reguillet

« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2015, 10:53 AM »
I picked up a ball valve! I will use it to connect my jump pack to my flame thrower gauntlet. the gauntlet has the same connector, but at the moment has a small fuel canister

I will be adding a Mandalorian iron heart (chest diamond) and this valve will be mountable via magnet.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 10:46 PM by reguillet » Logged

reguillet

Re: Rebels season 3 trailer inspired jet pack
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2016, 10:44 PM »
I have decided to try and build a jet pack that is more inspired by Sabine's in the trailer for season 3. I like the idea of a housing that protects the rocket when not in use.

This is the basic design to make it open and close-able.

and the shroud.

and dummy is wearing the harness that the jet pack will mount to.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 10:47 PM by reguillet » Logged

reguillet

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2016, 02:27 PM »
progress on the "Rib Cage"

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:29 AM »
If you really look at the jet pack it is the same style as Commander Cody had on his phase 3 armor.

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore
MMCC #1377- WoM #32 - TC #50
Mando Rider #35 - B.o.B.B. #19
NDWO #39 - QMU #58 - GGG SL13770

Instagram - @DravensTotalCustoms
Facebook -DravensTotalCustoms
Twitter - TheDravenCorvus

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:12 AM »
I have access to several of those toner cartridges. They're very jetpackish

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!