Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lady Mercs!! Aria needs your help!!

• 22 Replies

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Lady Mercs!! Aria needs your help!!
« on: Nov 18, 2016, 12:34 AM »
Hello my fellow lady mercs!

Well, it's almost January (I know, I hate typing it) and that means it's almost time for me to update the Female Resource board for the new year!

I would like to include more tutorials and helpful links to approved kits.  I'd also like to update some of the old links, get new pictures, expand some of the sections and well, cover anything you see missing from the 2016 board.

Some of the things I'm looking for:
  • Helmet builds for ladies!
  • Gauntlet builds for ladies!
  • Tutorials!
  • Group photos of lady mercs!
  • Any new tips or tricks you've found!
  • Any useful soft parts things/tips you've found!
  • Anything you would like to see expanded on/covered better in the 2017 version!
  • More approved Canon builds for Ladies!!

Please remember that I can ONLY use Officially approved kits in the resource board. That being said, please! Contribute! Maybe you found a link to an awesome approved kit? Send it my way! Know a lady with a beautiful kit? Let her know I'm looking for her!  ;)

A board is only as good as the people who contribute...so let's make this a good one!

-Aria

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Keyaroscuro

• Do what you love, love what you do.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Lady Mercs!! Aria needs your help!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2016, 12:57 AM »
One of our clan members has a 3D-printed kit that she and her husband finished pretty quickly due to their armory's 3D printers. Her build thread only has a couple posts, but it has a lot of great photos of the process: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=119188.0 Their FB page for their armory has some great tutorials on finishing (they mostly do leather, but you can scroll down to find the WIPs of the 3D printed kits, and her husband is also an OM who does a lot of work for other clan members and prints many helmets for us): https://www.facebook.com/Caliston-Armory-128426950501358/

A lot of our clan is running 3D printers and printing more complex pieces like gauntlets and helmets, so if anyone is looking at going that route, just ask us! It's especially a great option for the curvier ladies among us. :)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2016, 05:25 AM »
I know what I'd like to see covered... and I may have to dig some spare plates out and make a tutorial, is plate positioning.
It's becoming a common theme that chest plates are positioned first, the ab is then too low and half hidden below the belts, and the collar is huge or has to have a second plate made up to correct the issue, instead of starting with the collar and correctly spacing downwards.

I'd also see examples for larger sized ladies who want to try and go masculine style. Opposite to the usual discussion here on how to make fem shaped plates but its something I've answered a few times.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2016, 08:48 AM »
Kris, I think those would be wonderful tutorials, and definitely needed. Let me know if I can help creating them. ;)

Keya, I talked to them about a month ago about some tutorials, and anything that you can contribute for general knowledge of 3d printing to be put into the thread would be wonderful! :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2016, 09:23 AM »
Give me a week or two so I can round up one of my local fems and we'll see what we can do with a picture tutorial for the first. And I'll add what I can for the second along with whatever pictures I have that may fit as I'm part way through a full masculine style.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2016, 11:22 AM »
I don't remember if my Sabine templates are up, but here they are: http://eitanya.deviantart.com/art/Downloadable-Sabine-armor-templates-483881333

I'm working on some new generic templates for female armor as well, just gotta finish scaling the different sizes

EDIT: Also, here's my scratch-build bucket thread, still updating but it might be a good starting point for smaller-framed ladies who want a slim helmet. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=119580.msg1620571#msg1620571

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 01:18 PM by Eitanya » Logged

Aria

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2016, 10:24 PM »
Awesome! Those are great! Thanks, Eitanya!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2016, 10:06 AM »
You can throw my build thread in with the cannon kits. They're also a good example of Eitanya's Sabine templates for everything but chest plates and shoulders.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 104 OM Invasions

Lii'kah

• #1401 | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Special Weapons Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2016, 11:47 AM »
It's nothing special, but I've found out that my hands are small enough to have 'closed' gauntlets, that I can slide my hands into it, and just snap them on my flightsuit so they can't move around.

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2016, 06:49 PM »
Aria - I have to sew a new belt for a troop on Saturday, would a tutorial on sewing a belt be useful?  I could also include a handy guide outlining the mistakes I made when sewing my current belt lol

Also, in the spring I'll be updating my flightsuit to a better fit and new colour, and if you like I could make a tutorial for custom sewing a two-piece flightsuit?  It for sure wouldn't be done by January, but it may still be a good resource down the road.  I have various other upgrades planned for the spring/summer and would be happy to document any of them for the purposes of sharing in the resource thread in the future!

P.S.  I noticed you included my armour on the inspiration section of this years' resource thread, thanks for the nod :D

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Aria

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2016, 01:25 AM »
Aria - I have to sew a new belt for a troop on Saturday, would a tutorial on sewing a belt be useful?  I could also include a handy guide outlining the mistakes I made when sewing my current belt lol

Also, in the spring I'll be updating my flightsuit to a better fit and new colour, and if you like I could make a tutorial for custom sewing a two-piece flightsuit?  It for sure wouldn't be done by January, but it may still be a good resource down the road.  I have various other upgrades planned for the spring/summer and would be happy to document any of them for the purposes of sharing in the resource thread in the future!

P.S.  I noticed you included my armour on the inspiration section of this years' resource thread, thanks for the nod :D

Yes! Absolutely! Any sort of tutorials are helpful! :)

And you're welcome.  ;)

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Nadia

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2016, 12:23 PM »
You can throw my thread in there also if you want to. It is Legacy style and I tried to take a ton of pictures during the building process. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

Aria

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2016, 02:44 PM »
You can throw my thread in there also if you want to. It is Legacy style and I tried to take a ton of pictures during the building process. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0
Yes, this would be wonderful. Thank you, Nadia!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:47 PM »
I have a bunch of pictures for my attachment method- counter sunk Chicago screws with bondo etc. that I can put together into a tutorial if it would be helpful.  I will also be making a second kit in the upcoming months as well- male style this time that I would love to do a in depth WIP for it.

Aria

« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:22 AM »
I have a bunch of pictures for my attachment method- counter sunk Chicago screws with bondo etc. that I can put together into a tutorial if it would be helpful.  I will also be making a second kit in the upcoming months as well- male style this time that I would love to do a in depth WIP for it.
Both of those would be wonderfully helpful!!

The Aria Pics
He/Him

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:00 AM »

Mureyca Be Kyr'am

• This is the way!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Not sure how helpful these will be - I'm a painter and can sew but not much of a scratch/3d builder - but these were my WIP's

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120634.0
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=98367.0#top
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=66761.0

Mureyca Be Kyr'am - OM#839 - Kamino Clan
Alor'ad
Sabine Wren - S3
DS95911 - TK95911
OMRL

Aria

« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2017, 05:17 PM »
Not sure how helpful these will be - I'm a painter and can sew but not much of a scratch/3d builder - but these were my WIP's

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120634.0
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=98367.0#top
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=66761.0
Painting is very helpful too! :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2017, 12:10 AM »
If it helps, here's my WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=121345.0 

Feel free to use any picture you want, if they're useful! :) I have a male-style, non-cupped set of chest plates (like Kris had mentioned) and a fresh two-piece flightsuit, which I unfortunately did not take pictures of while splitting it yesterday, but will be photographing tomorrow in all its intricacies once the light in my house re-appears. I have had a couple people PM me asking for guides on certain things I did, and I'll dig those back up and make a thread of it in the morning...

Aria

« Reply #19 on: Jul 11, 2017, 01:48 AM »
That would be fantastic, thank you! :D

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Thel Ihveen

• Stirring the concept pot.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2017, 08:41 PM »
That would be fantastic, thank you! :D

Here's the written zipper split tutorial on my WIP thread:  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=121345.msg1769038#msg1769038  I'm not sure exactly where to post other tips/tutorials I've got, though... Concepts or Armor Construction? I'll probably copy this one over to that thread if I start it.

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Hey there !
I don't remember if this has been linked to you already but here are my templates for female Wren clan members !

Also, I 3D modeled Sabine's paint spray, it has been improved and made ready to print by Lynnfield right here !

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Aria

« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Wonderful! I don't think I had either of those yet. :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!